*DEAD*Turtle Beach - Refurb - Ear Force XP400 Wireless Gaming Headset- $59.99 with $20 rebate(prepaid card) at Newegg

Question.  I use my wireless Xbox 360 controller with my PC.  Would this work on my PC without an adapter. If I run the stereo 3.5mm audio to the transmitter and stick the Xbox 360 voice transmitter into the controller?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure they do. Just need an optical audio in. I bought a pair of these for 200 last year and really like them. Nice and loud and good audio chat. Granted I was using tv speakers before so anything would sound better

Thanks a bunch, OP. I have been needing a new pair of wireless headphones to replace the crappy TV audio I use for my PC and PS3 games and these look like a fine pair of cans, especially at $40 after the rebate.

Pretty sure they do. Just need an optical audio in. I bought a pair of these for 200 last year and really like them. Nice and loud and good audio chat. Granted I was using tv speakers before so anything would sound better

Very nice headset , been using with my ps3 for a while . Connects via blue tooth so not yet compatible with ps4 (let's go sony) and for Xbox one you will need the headset adapter and the talk back cable .

So any word on the mic quality? Has anyone here heard the mic on one of these?

I've been using a Logitech G930 for the past 2 years, and I'm getting annoyed at them. My 4th replacement pair just broke and I'm considering getting this headset. All of these G930's have have an issue where it cuts out the audio randomly, beeps, and then reconnects to the receiver. So I'm looking at this headset because of it's dual band, but I want to make sure the mic quality is at least almost as good as the G930, because I don't want to annoy people in my skype calls.

Two thirds of the comments I read regarding PC use stating negative things was enough to stop me from buying these. Plus, being Turtle Beach, the price was inflated to begin with. I'm going to try my Audio-Technica ATH-A900X, I hear they're supposed to sound good for gaming as well. 

bread's done
Back