Favorite Online TV store located in Canada

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
My beautiful Samsung 32 inch LCD TV I bought 4 years ago just died and repairing it is over $400 so that's not going to happen. It was such a perfect TV size and it had all the inputs for my new and old game consoles. Never going to have a TV that nice again. :(

Does anyone have any online stores they like that sell TVs? I'd love to get a new old stock 32in LCD TV with lots of inputs. The TVs that stores sell these days have no inputs on them, and local listings weren't much help. If anyone has seen any good deals please let me know. Must be located in Canada.

I wouldn't make inputs the reason why you buy a TV. AV splitters are affordable and work well.

I'd first draft up your needs. Do you care about response time or picture quality or is price the be all end all. Remember, you spend 1000s of hours in front of these things so in the longrun spending the extra dough on a screen that is excellent might be worth it.

A receiver with video pass-through (or upscaling) is a better idea. It's obviously more expensive up front but it can double the value of your home theatre quality and ease. They have an outrageous number of connections.

(all your devices) -> receiver -> single HDMI to the TV.

Then you never have to change your TV inputs, just press the appropriate button on the receiver.

As well, then you can buy high end speakers and "build" your home audio as you like. Start with two small ones, add a couple for rear (surround) sound later on, buy a sub if that's appropriate for your residence, etc.

TV speakers continue to get cheaper (lower) in quality as TV companies try to cost-cut in order to lower prices. As well, unlike a home-theatre-in-a-box, a receiver allows you to piece together things if something goes awry - ie, you don't have to replace the whole unit if a speaker goes. (Decent home audio speakers will last you 5-10 years easy, as will the receivers, another plus over TVs).

bread's done
Back