Are you buying trials fusion ps4 on disc or digital on the psn

S

starmask2k3

I was thinking about picking it up for the digital on the psn and I was also thinking about picking it up at bby for 31.99 so what do you think

I'm buying at Best Buy for $31.99. No brainer if you plan on playing the DLC. If you don't care about DLC, I think there is supposed to be a cheaper digital version without the season pass.

When you buy it on disk, it includes season pass and is $40 ($32 with BBY GCU). The digital copy is $20 for the game and a seperate $20 for the season pass.

This will be my conundrum for the next 3 years until my GCU membership runs out. I like the 20% off through BBY and having physical copies for display/trade in if needed. But I like the idea of going more digital and not having to change the disk to play something, especially for smaller games like Trials.

I think until my BBY starts selling the digital download cards with the 20% off, I'm going to have to be going physical for now.

I just can't wait for this one. Loved it on the 360 but since moving to PS4 I got real excited to see it finally coming to PS. No PS friends though so if you want to add me up my psn is WickedBeanie  

Trials: Frontier is out on IOS right not, it's not too bad for Freemium. Can't wait to pick up Fusion at BB Tuesday!! The game with season pass for $31.99 is a no brainier for me. I do understand why you would want the digital version though. It would be nice especially for remote play with the Vita. I loved Evolution, one of the only games I played all the time on my 360. Always wished it would come to PlayStation, but all we got were clones. Excited to use the track editor and see what people are able to make. If anyone wants to add me so we can play Bleedingwicked.

I was also thinking about digital because at 39.99 or 31.99 there's really no trade return on it so there's really no point in the disc ver

Last edited:
I changed my mind and decided to go with the digital version and season pass for $40. I would be saving around $6 after tax if I bought a physical copy at Best Buy, but I prefer physical mostly for the ability to trade in or sell my copy. This game won't be worth much if you use the season pass, since that accounts for half the cost of the game. It just wouldn't be worth selling or trading by the time I am done with it, if that time ever comes. For me, the convenience of being able to play it at any time without changing disc is worth the $6 difference.

I changed my mind and decided to go with the digital version and season pass for $40. I would be saving around $6 after tax if I bought a physical copy at Best Buy, but I prefer physical mostly for the ability to trade in or sell my copy. This game won't be worth much if you use the season pass, since that accounts for half the cost of the game. It just wouldn't be worth selling or trading by the time I am done with it, if that time ever comes. For me, the convenience of being able to play it at any time without changing disc is worth the $6 difference.
Exactly how I feel.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/14/5613090/trials-fusion-day-one-patch-xbox-one-resolution

Either way you buy it, you are getting the best version of the game apparently.

900px60 vs 1080px60 on PS4
I preordered the PS4 knowing this was going to be a factor. And yet I doubt my eyes could really tell the difference. I have yet to use chat on the PS4 so hopefully I'll get to try it out finally. I wonder if it is really better than the PS3 chat which always sounded so bad compared to 360 chat.

So I played remote play on the vita last night. So smoooooth. Anybody have tips on how to land flips? They get so crazy after the first one x.x

Anyone having trouble connecting to uplay? It just won't let me connect....only connected once last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished up what I want to with this game and had a blast, as I did with the original 2. This was my favorite.

I didn't find it as maddeningly frustrating as some of the later tracks on the originals, although there's no way I'm bothering with some of the Extreme tracks. Inferno IV? Haha, no thanks.

Feel free to add me if you need some more friends with ghosts and times to compare. I have Gold on most tracks.

I didn't find it as maddeningly frustrating as some of the later tracks on the originals, although there's no way I'm bothering with some of the Extreme tracks. Inferno IV? Haha, no thanks.
I'm not sure if I will have the patience to finish all those extreme tracks. IIRC, I at least finished every track on the Xbox games. On this game, I got through the first extreme track and tried Inferno IV since it has its own trophy just for completing it. I was at it for close to 30 minutes with a few hundred faults before I gave up and I hadn't even cleared that many obstacles. Watching a video of a zero fault run just made it more frustrating.

Is anyone playing this on PC too? I need some competition on the friend leaderboards, my Uplay user is teddybass if you want to add me, thnx!

bread's done
Back