GameStop Power Up Steal of the Week: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre-Owned Games! for 10K Points

Bobby's World

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre-Owned Games! for 10,000 Points
Steal of the Week!  Expand your gaming library for less with a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on pre-owned games, from Monday, April 7, through Sunday, April 27. Whether you’re picking up last year’s best or the latest pre-owned game on PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll see instant savings! Get your coupon now for 10,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, April 13th.

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/7/14 through 4/27/14.

I wish this coupon cost less points.

I mean, for another 5k points, you can get a PUR membership for another year along with a B2G1 coupon.

Like I always say might as well re up your PUR membership for the 15k points if you have them (B2G1 coupon included)

So 10,000 points is basically a $10 off new item coupon, right? 

Will probably get one of these. Especially since now you can't use PUR points on gift cards, which is all I used to use 'em on before.

You can buy 2 games that aren't in stock, but have cashier order them if available, then get 1 game that is in stock for free. Then return the 2 games and keep the free game. This gives you 2 separate receipts. I've done it twice to get ridiculously overpriced games like Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
Yeah. You should leave and never come back.

You can buy 2 games that aren't in stock, but have cashier order them if available, then get 1 game that is in stock for free. Then return the 2 games and keep the free game. This gives you 2 separate receipts. I've done it twice to get ridiculously overpriced games like Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
So stealing?

The scumassreseller kind of way?

You steal shit and then you brag about it online. Nice.

Like I always say might as well re up your PUR membership for the 15k points if you have them (B2G1 coupon included)
I recently got my PRO PUR membership. The B2G1 free coupon with that is for games and accessories and not just games right? I was planning on buying 2 controllers and a game.

Hmm..  I just logged in and this is the wording..

Purchase Two Pre-owned Products and Get One Pre-owned Product of Equal or Lesser Price Free

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Free item must be of equal or lesser value of the lowest valued item. Game systems not eligible as free item. Not valid with any other offer. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. No substitutions will be made. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Not redeemable for cash. Consumer Electronics not included. Offer valid through 4/30/14.

I recently got my PRO PUR membership. The B2G1 free coupon with that is for games and accessories and not just games right? I was planning on buying 2 controllers and a game.
It should work that way. The coupons usually are specific about what they are meant to do. The pre-owned items thing is recent. Every time it's been active, people could get controllers.

Hmm.. I just logged in and this is the wording..

Purchase Two Pre-owned Products and Get One Pre-owned Product of Equal or Lesser Price Free
Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Free item must be of equal or lesser value of the lowest valued item. Game systems not eligible as free item. Not valid with any other offer. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. No substitutions will be made. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Not redeemable for cash. Consumer Electronics not included. Offer valid through 4/30/14.
Consumer Electronics not included

That's means no iPad or iPhone included. Damn it

Am I the only one who can not get onto the rewards site?  Wont work on my laptop or my phone for 2 days now.

EDIT:  Downloaded the iphone app and can access it there.  Turns out I had a b2g1 coupon in My in Store Offers too.  Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does anyone know if this works on more than 2-1.  Like, buy 20, get 10 free?

I know it says "Limit 1 coupon per customer," but how many games work with the coupon?

I used this coupon yesterday . It's a good credit mover GS - bb with about $25 in profit. Seems like the only thing I buy at gamestop anymore is something to trade in at bestbuy or amazon cards :)

Thanks OP.  Stacked with birthday coupon and picked up Bravely Default x2 plus Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for about $70 after taxes. Yeah buddy.

I wish this coupon cost less points.

I mean, for another 5k points, you can get a PUR membership for another year along with a B2G1 coupon.
I screwed up and let my PUR membership expire yesterday. I almost never shop or do anything at Gamestop anymore, but I have enough points that (1) I'd like to not lose them and (2) if I can use 15K to re-up and then keep the rest of my points I'd like to do that. So do you (or anyone else) know if my points will stay even though I let it lapse if I renew today and I guess I cannot find anyplace where I can buy the "renew for 15K" coupon -- not sure how to do it!

I screwed up and let my PUR membership expire yesterday. I almost never shop or do anything at Gamestop anymore, but I have enough points that (1) I'd like to not lose them and (2) if I can use 15K to re-up and then keep the rest of my points I'd like to do that. So do you (or anyone else) know if my points will stay even though I let it lapse if I renew today and I guess I cannot find anyplace where I can buy the "renew for 15K" coupon -- not sure how to do it!
Your points will only expire if you don't use your card at all for an entire year, so you'll be good to use your points to renew

Your points will only expire if you don't use your card at all for an entire year, so you'll be good to use your points to renew
Does the 15k points actually renew PUR or does it give you a coupon to reduce renewal price in store to $0? If the latter, he needs to act fast.

Does the 15k points actually renew PUR or does it give you a coupon to reduce renewal price in store to $0? If the latter, he needs to act fast.
Its a coupon, I did this last week and was quite bummed that it was a coupon.

I printed the Q tonight. Why do I need to go fast? I thought hte points would live for a year? I will try to go this weekend or is that too slow?

Just got back from GameStop.  Was able to use my PUR Renewal B2G1 on a Xbox One Controller, a PS4 Controller and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (Club Nintendo code not used!).  I was also able to stack two $10 off any item coupons, so I got it all for $85.  Not a bad deal at all :)

Does the B2G1 really work on pre owned controllers? I know someone had mention it on the thread.. but I just thought it was for Pre-owned games only. Wanted to check in on that.

the sotw is for preowned games only, the renewal coupon for 15k points is good for anything preowned excluding systems. 15k for the pur membership is a much better deal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with a 50% Console Trade-In SOTW Coupon from last week that they're not gonna use, feel free to PM me with what you're looking for in return. I'm currently trying to obtain one...

I couldn't find and I didn't see this posted elsewhere

SOTW 4/14 - 4,000 points - 20% extra credit on Smartphone & Tablet trades

SOTW 4/21 - 2,500 points - pre-owned DS Lite + 5 pre-owned games ($10 and under) for $99

SOTW 4/28 - 3,000 points - 10% off pre-owned games

This "deal" is bullshit considering that Best Buy is running a weeklong B2G1 preowned for everyone instead of charging you for a one time use coupon.  fuck PUR.

This "deal" is bullshit considering that Best Buy is running a weeklong B2G1 preowned for everyone instead of charging you for a one time use coupon. fuck PUR.
Plus 10% off used games from GCU at BBY. The only downside with those is that inventory tends to go quickly, at least online, and my local BBY has a pretty weak selection in-store. But I still managed to load up on 6 3DS games for something like $90 total during this current Best Buy sale by managing to catch it shortly after it went live.

The only remaining advantage I can see is that GameStop will let you return used games within 7 days.. that's still their policy, right?

[quote name="parkerlewis" post="11692535" timestamp="1397608389"]Plus 10% off used games from GCU at BBY. The only downside with those is that inventory tends to go quickly, at least online, and my local BBY has a pretty weak selection in-store. But I still managed to load up on 6 3DS games for something like $90 total during this current Best Buy sale by managing to catch it shortly after it went live.

The only remaining advantage I can see is that GameStop will let you return used games within 7 days.. that's still their policy, right? [/quote]

It is, but some cashiers will give you shit for it.

bread's done
Back