Mercenary Kings (PS4) Free for Plus

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
I didn't see a thread for this already but is anyone else playing? I'm really enjoying it. If you have PS Plus membership and a PS4 give it a try.

I downloaded it last week not knowing what this even was but it was free so what the hell. This was totally under my radar and I ended up playing for 5 hours that night non-stop. For me that's unheard of. I can tell it's the same artist from the Scott Pilgrim game so it's got this slick retro look.

I guess it's best described as a loot based Metal Slug. You collect materials and money to purchase and create new equipment like guns, armor and mods. It's really addicting.

Yeah I'm liking this game too. At first I thought it was a Metal Slug clone but since they added the "rpg" elements, its fun.  A little repetitive in terms of levels but not to the point where it's annoying. 

Right know I'm using the hand cannon + trombone + AR barrel.  I want to make a toile mini gun but too damn slow for me for movement. 

Anyone know when we can customize the characters? I saw a loading screen with the same character but different outfits.

you talk to one of the guys in the camp no idea his name (might be the captain)  he then lets you change your color of clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave it at try last night and didn't care for it. Wasn't expecting to though as I never liked Metal Slug type games at all, and just generally don't like retro styled games.

I started playing a little bit by myself and realized I'd have more fun playing this game with other people. Unfortunately, none of my friends are willing to invest in a PS4 and my PS3 has YLOD. Any CAGs interested in playing with a fellow CAG? My PS+ trial ends next weekend, but I'll most likely re-up it right away (especially if I have some people to game online with).

My PSN id is cecilpaladin32, if anyone is interested (just put CAG in the friend invite or PM me here). I'll probably be playing my PS4 quite a bit after work  (7:30-10:30 EST), as I just moved and started a new job and have no real friends at the moment...

[quote name="darkcecil32" post="11684664" timestamp="1397262921"]I started playing a little bit by myself and realized I'd have more fun playing this game with other people. Unfortunately, none of my friends are willing to invest in a PS4 and my PS3 has YLOD. Any CAGs interested in playing with a fellow CAG? My PS+ trial ends next weekend, but I'll most likely re-up it right away (especially if I have some people to game online with).

My PSN id is cecilpaladin32, if anyone is interested (just put CAG in the friend invite or PM me here). I'll probably be playing my PS4 quite a bit after work (7:30-10:30 EST), as I just moved and started a new job and have no real friends at the moment...[/quote]

Friend request sent, I get on sparingly during the week after work but send an invite next time you're on.

BF4, NBA 2K14 and all the PS+ freebies

I've mainly using sniper rifle parts with Armor Piercing Ammo. Only problem is reloading after every few shots, but it's powerful as hell and the shots cut clear through the stage. Often killing off screen enemies.

I'd like to play with you guys but my game time is so limited I'm not online often enough. Maybe only twice a week around midnight. But add me if you want. Couldn't hurt.

@ Rodimus, not sure how far you are in the game but there's mods that can help with the reloading speed. Haven't looked lately but I think one of them has a negative effect added too. 

Played this with a friend over the weekend and had a blast. 3 more ranks to go and game is complete. Not sure if I'm going to grind for the platinum though. But you never know.

Friend request sent, I get on sparingly during the week after work but send an invite next time you're on. BF4, NBA 2K14 and all the PS+ freebies
Cool, I added you yesterday, JGON85!

@Rodimus: I know how that goes. I didn't touch a game from September until mid February due to insane hours at my previous job. Is your PSN id RodimusDonut, from what I see in your sig? I'd certainly be glad to add you on the chance you're ever on and have some free time.

bread's done
Back