Final Fantasy X-X2 HD PS3 and Vita 29.99 Gamestop (Amazon PM)

In for the price on Vita. Hopefully the BF prediction is true. If not, will PM at best buy with RZ certs for a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Got it for vita. It seems to be online only, because when I did a pick-up in store search, it said it was regular price. I was hoping to use my 15% off new product coupon, but I can't use it online. This price is better than the in-store price with the coupon though. 

Just FYI, the used copies apparently don't come with X2, so it's best to get this one new. 

Discount is a discount. The game is nice for HD on a PS3, and would be an obvious pickup if it had crossbuy.

But if you have the PC for running emulation and a PS2 copy, you're not missing much, and you can avoid the face downgrade on Tidus.

But if you just have a PS3, it's pretty nice.

I would feel burnt if I wasn't enjoying it so much already! Good deal though if someone's been waiting

Discount is a discount. The game is nice for HD on a PS3, and would be an obvious pickup if it had crossbuy.

But if you have the PC for running emulation and a PS2 copy, you're not missing much, and you can avoid the face downgrade on Tidus.

But if you just have a PS3, it's pretty nice.
There are actually significant content additions in the international versions, particularly X-2. The texture work looks far better than an emulator, and you don't have really bad uprezzed bitmap HUD graphics.

2 Things about this 1) Its not the LImited Edition that preorder people get and 2) most games reduce in price within a month of release.

I still have them on ps2 just sitting there, but bestbuy tiv free rental, or even ff x-2 $11 voucher n flip for 18.xx to amazon, but idk..

def $20 black friday amazon tho, if not sooner.... just look at kingdom hearts and all other remakes....

with gcu, bestbuy still has special edition, would be $32 for just a few bucks more...

I just bought the Vita version earlier today.  Must have gone on sale for the next weekly ad or something.  Guess I'll return/rebuy tomorrow then.

Ooooooo I never played ffx or x-2, and I dont own any games for my ps3 I bought in 2012, may grab this, but pm at best buy to use my gift cards

Well, this certainly devalues the used $25.xx copy of the Vita version I bought from AWD last week (which hopefully includes the FFX-2 code). :???:

I'm having a real hard time deciding between PS3 or Vita. Is the game sharper on the smaller Vita screen? How are the controls without the R2 and L2 buttons?

I'm having a real hard time deciding between PS3 or Vita. Is the game sharper on the smaller Vita screen? How are the controls without the R2 and L2 buttons?
The portability won me over in my buying choice over the possibility of some extra graphical pazow. Not sure about the second should buttons but some stuff appears to have been moved to the touch screen and doesn't seem too bad.

Is ffx a bad game, some people I knew said it was the worse final fantasy? Trying to talk myself out of buy it even though I love rpgs

Is ffx a bad game, some people I knew said it was the worse final fantasy? Trying to talk myself out of buy it even though I love rpgs
When did they say that? At the time it came out there were a lot of haters because it was different in a lot of ways and was the first guide to violate the purity of the series and use voice acting. :)roll:) Even most of those people came around though. I'm no crazy FF person but FFX is the first one that really clicked for me and at least top three for me.

Get both.

The Vita version seemed to have faster load times to me, but I'm reading conflicting info in reviews that says I'm crazy. I swear battles loaded up faster on it, though. It's not bad at all, and the controls are fine. But the sound and picture are so much better on the PS3 version, IMO. Vita version is great for grinding the endgame, though.

When did they say that? At the time it came out there were a lot of haters because it was different in a lot of ways and was the first guide to violate the purity of the series and use voice acting. :)roll:) Even most of those people came around though. I'm no crazy FF person but FFX is the first one that really clicked for me and at least top three for me.
Like 5 years ago, this person was a hardcore like retro ff person so that makes sense. I enjoyed the retro up to ff13 so im sure I would really enjoy it.

Ill probably buy

Yeah, listening to crazy hardcore people on things they're crazy hardcore about is usually a bad idea unless you're also crazy hardcore about the same thing.

Got a 92 on metacritic, so no. It is higher than the 83 for FF13.
I loved FF X. Final Fantasy 9 and 10 were the last ones that I had played all the way to the end. No matter how much I wanted to, I just could do the same for 12 and 13. FF 6/3, 7, 9 and 10 were my favorite games of all time.

I went ahead and grabbed the Vita version. I'm gonna flip the X-2 code, and buy the physical Asian version. Thanks OP!

Yeah, listening to crazy hardcore people on things they're crazy hardcore about is usually a bad idea unless you're also crazy hardcore about the same thing.
At the time of release, people who were disappointed that the first FF game on PS2 were the diehard fans clinging to the old archetypes and troupes of past FF games. English voiceovers really didn't sit well with them. Everyone complained about Tidus being whiny and his English voiceover being awful. Combat was fine, but ask people about Sphere Grid and they'll say how much it sucks. And since it was the "next gen," they wanted even more exploration than what was offered.

FFX-2 will get a lot of hate because of the cheesy take on the story. And dress spheres.

I especially love VI, VII, XII and Tactics, but I didn't let those experiences ruin what I thought of FFX or X-2. Each game is really good in their own way with some flaws, but I thoroughly enjoyed them both then and now. I bought both versions on release day and the CE. Thankfully DR didn't send me a dinged up copy.

$20 might be a nicer price point if you want both versions, but $30 is a pretty good deal.

I would feel burnt if I wasn't enjoying it so much already! Good deal though if someone's been waiting

There are actually significant content additions in the international versions, particularly X-2. The texture work looks far better than an emulator, and you don't have really bad uprezzed bitmap HUD graphics.
Oh, I know. I have both the PS2 version and the HD remake. They did a nice job for a PS3 version of the game, and the new textures (when they're there) look great. International edition is a nice bonus too, definitely. But as someone who played countless hours of the original, Tidus just doesn't look right in the HD version, and the visual upgrades looks nice, but not significantly different from just upping the resolution in PCSX2. The new lighting is nice, but you're not missing a whole lot by simply playing the PS2 version in emulation, if that's your thing.

bread's done
Back