Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

• Please log in to reply
2059 replies to this topic

#1 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

Ultimate Warrior suddenly passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014.  No cause of death has been released at this time.  He was 54 years old.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#2 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

His last promo is the 4th video in the playlist from RAW.  It's almost like he knew.

http://www.wwe.com/v...2014-highlights

default.png2.png

#3 Greendecko

Greendecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

I can not believe it

"It's Like I'm Assisting Suicide, Hate not Me, Hate your Weakness" - Iori Yagami KoF

Wii U - demondecko
Xbox Live Gamertag - GreenDecko
PSN Name - Demondecko

#4 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

I'm pretty bummed about this. He was my #2 to Hogan when I was a kid. I remember being mad at myself when I wanted him to beat Hogan at WM VI. And then when he did, I was all about Warrior up until he left in 1992. The timing of this is really eerie. I'm glad he at least got the homecoming and closure that Macho Man never did.

pitfall_harry219.png

#5 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

I'm pretty bummed about this. He was my #2 to Hogan when I was a kid. I remember being mad at myself when I wanted him to beat Hogan at WM VI. And then when he did, I was all about Warrior up until he left in 1992. The timing of this is really eerie. I'm glad he at least got the homecoming and closure that Macho Man never did.

Yeah, man, definitely.  

default.png2.png

#6 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

That's so sad... It seemed like he and Vince were finally able to bury the hatchet. I also feel really bad for his little girls. 

I wonder what the heck happened. He looked so good last night and the night before!

Posted Image

#7 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

I was a complete Warrior mark as a kid, even going as far to paint my face like him for Halloween.  WM VI just blew my mind when he kicked out of the legdrop and ended up beating Hogan clean which was essentially unthinkable at that time.  Like harry said, at least there's the small consolation that he got a degree of professional closure.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#8 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Anybody think he offed himself?

#9 Pokechaos480

Pokechaos480

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

#RIPUltimateWarrior

#10 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

One of his final interviews.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#11 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

If I had to guess, he probably had an enlarged heart due to all of the steroid abuse and died of a major heart attack. An all too common problem for wrestlers.

Posted Image

#12 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nope, but he might have had something medical wrong that he did not talk about.

#13 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

If I had to guess, he probably had an enlarged heart due to all of the steroid abuse and died of a major heart attack. An all too common problem for wrestlers.

That wouldn't surprise me.  He seemed winded just from walking to the ring last night and I was wondering if he might drop during the promo.

default.png2.png

#14 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

I'm at a loss for words, the man was on Raw less than 24 hours and now he's gone. Sure he looked a little exhausted after doing the promo and rope shaking but I think everyone would agree it was due to nervousness/excitement after not being in the ring all these years. I'm just praying that it ends up being health related and not a suicide cause that would be even more depressing.

#15 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

He did seem to get worn out pretty easily even shaking the ropes last night - then again, the last several days had to be nuts for him so not surprised if he was feeling it. RIP. Got to say one last thing to everyone literally less than 24 hours before he passed.
Posted Image

#16 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

Between this and the Bryan doc, Saturday is already feeling like ancient history. I'm glad he got to say his peace, make peace with WWE, get his side of the story out with the DVD, and go out on a high note from a public perception standpoint. It's a real tragedy for his daughters though, who he came back to the ring for five years ago and who are still really young. Given his size over the years, and him getting so blown up on Raw, I figure it was probably a heart attack. Oddly, his speech from Raw is the only thing from the show I recorded and still kept.

#17 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Fucking bullshit

#18 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife. 

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Yeah, sounds like it might've been his heart.

pitfall_harry219.png

#19 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

tumblr_m9onw034Ee1ree9s5o1_500.png

#20 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

"The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"- His last words on Monday Night Raw.

Rest in Peace Warrior and condolences to the Warrior family.

#21 Yggy87

Yggy87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

Man.... How crazy is that? Hall of Fame on Saturday, Wrestlemania on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and dead on Tuesday. I am beyond saddened by this turn of events. Practically Solomon Grundy level of a week spent.

There is no doubt that the Ultimate Warrior was an icon. I'm just real sad that this happened so suddenly.

Posted Image

#22 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

RIP Warrior and my sincerest condolences to his wife and 2 daughters.  

You know though, with what he believed and preached and his whole life story, his sudden passing just seems to fit his life.  Warrior wouldn't go gentle into that good night; he would make one last impact, pass on one last lesson, cement his legacy, and leave us all too soon.  

default.png2.png

#23 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

BkwT4yzCMAA1tI4.jpg

Zeb just posted this.

#24 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

I was really upset when I found out about this and still am. Warrior was one of my favorites as a kid, and no doubt his appearances at the HOF, WrestleMania, and and then Raw just last night no doubt intensify that feeling of loss. This just sucks.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#25 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

RIP Warrior. Also, for whatever reason I can't see twitter pics (such as the Zeb one) posted in chrome. Not sure why, but it's blank. I can see them in IE though. Weird.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#26 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

And to think there were people that wanted Warrior to do 1 more run down to the ring shake rope stint. If he was in that bad of shape i wouldnt want to know what would happen. Has there been anyone else in the wwe where you literally just saw him not 24 hours ago and dead the next.

#27 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

And to think there were people that wanted Warrior to do 1 more run down to the ring shake rope stint. If he was in that bad of shape i wouldnt want to know what would happen. Has there been anyone else in the wwe where you literally just saw him not 24 hours ago and dead the next.

Not sure. Eddie passed 2 days after his fight aired. Only one I can think of right now that was really close apart.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#28 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

What about that certain other wrestler who shall not be named

#29 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

I think Benoit was supposed to be at a PPV on that Sunday night (but never made it), and was found dead Monday morning.
MLIFTgM.gif

#30 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

I feel like Warrior had collapsed yesterday at RAW, instead of today somewhere else, he might still be with us, like how the company medical team saved Lawler. That's the freakiest thing about this to me. One day too late.