Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

• Please log in to reply
2452 replies to this topic

#31 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I'm in shock and disbelief. I get home from work and on my home page I saw the headline but had to do a double take. No way he is gone after just being on Raw. It'll take all night for this to sink in.

R.I.P. Warrior

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#32 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#33 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Wow man, I'm in shock. I never had the opportunity to watch it when I was a kid but he was a legend. R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

#34 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I think Benoit was supposed to be at a PPV on that Sunday night (but never made it), and was found dead Monday morning.

wouldnt call  dying and killing yourself the same thing 

warrior looked out of it   monday night. I mean he could not shake the ropes that long.  Though maybe he was just tired . guess not..  Wonder if he had a stroke or something monday or was having one.   He did not even sound the same  from saturday night   to monday raw  (speech sounded slurred in a way)     Even look at his eyes in the video. They look glazzy

WOOOO I STINK

#35 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Definitely getting his DVD now.

#36 Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Saw this on the Yahoo front page when I got home from taking my daughter from school and could not believe it..... Just.... wow.

Also, this has to really put a major damper on Daniel and Brie's wedding on Friday for sure.

#37 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

And to think there were people that wanted Warrior to do 1 more run down to the ring shake rope stint. If he was in that bad of shape i wouldnt want to know what would happen. Has there been anyone else in the wwe where you literally just saw him not 24 hours ago and dead the next.

Owen Hart

#38 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hate to hear this about the Warrior, was one of my favs growing up.

axlrose4183.png

#39 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Definitely getting his DVD now.

The DVD was pretty good. I just watched it last night=-\ I skipped through all the matches just to hear his insight on the different matches going on.

#40 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

http://bosslogic.dev....com/art/Warriors-Never-Die-446327912warriors_never_die_by_bosslogic-d7dqctk.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#41 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wow....

#42 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

KillerRamen and mitch079 hit it. Clearly seems to be something heart-related, given how he appeared over the last few days (harried, sweaty, gasping for air despite little more than talking) and how he died (just straight up collapsed).

I'm not really upset. I liked him as a wrestler, but I'm not his friend. Just a dude who liked to see him on TV.

At least in his case he and Vince got to make amends, whereas Savage and Vince never had the chance.

Posted Image

#43 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

RIP Warrior

NighT_Ryder31.png

#44 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

I am shocked.  Wait til my son gets home from school and I tell him.

mer71.jpg

#45 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I was a huge fan when I was a kid and I still remember that Saturday morning when The Undertaker threw him in a casket that Bearer locked up. Watching the paramedics put him on a stretcher really freaked me the Fuck out. I pretty much gave up watching wrestling after that. Monday morning was filled with rumors about Ultimate Warrior being dead.

But yeah, you could tell that he was really struggling in his HoF speech.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#46 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

This got buried for obvious reasons in the old post since the Warrior news happened immediately after, but don't sleep on Wyatts/Shield from Main Event. As good as their other matches and probably the best finishing sequence.
Posted Image

#47 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

When I heard this morning I didn't believe it. Not too many celebrity deaths effect me but after it sunk in I sat on my couch with my coffee in disbelief for like 10 minutes. Damn... this really hurts

His 30 second win against the Honky Tonk Man made him my favorite as a kid. And I still remember the Summerslam he and Macho Man teamed up to create the Ultimate Maniacs. As a kid that shit was legendary to me. Two of the biggest forces making an alliance. It was unstoppable like Superman and Goku teaming up.

#48 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

You may be gone, but I still feel the rush every time I play your entrance music in my mind.

Long Live The Warrior! You will be missed.

#49 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Oh no that's awful :(

Ultimate Warrior was my favorite wrestler when I watched WWE back in the days with my dad.  Loved his entrance.  One of the best of all time.  I thought he had a really good HOF speech. He was really humbled at his speech and I'm just glad he got to do it in time.  Hearing more and more old school wrestlers pass away is actually a sad reminder of what these guys sacrifice to provide for their family and fans. 

His match against Hogan was an all timer for me. I can't recall the Macho Man and UM tag team, but that's an awesome pic.

RIP Warrior

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#50 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Network is doing some kind of tribute tonight, although it looks like it may just be his HoF & Raw speeches along with his Mania match against Hogan.

I got around to checking out that WCW Theme release from a week or two ago. It is without a doubt the biggest fucking ripoff bullshit theme comp release ever (and I'm someone who bought WWF The Music Vol 2 on CD when it came out).

Don't even know where to start. It's 4 "discs" of content - they manage to get the themes for Coach Buzz Stern, Mona, and Sam Grieco (whoever the Fuck he is) in there, but they leave out most of the very few somewhat unique or memorable themes that they had in that company (Mortis, Wrath during his original run, Raven, NWO B-team, etc). There are mislabeled themes, themes that guys never used, three fucking versions of the Mr Wonderful theme (one with vocals, one instrumental, one slightly different instrumental, the latter two were used by The Maestro and even THAT is labeled wrong as "Gorgeous George"), two Alex Wright themes, neither of which he ever used, two versions of Madusa's theme, and the version of the Sting theme is the one from that shitty WCW CD that has voice samples of him yelling about showtime or whatever. Yeah. thing is a fucking mess. With what's actually worthwhile in there they could have cut it to two discs and still had room to spare.

The WWE release wasn't bad though. Aside from including the incredibly worthless Greg Valentine face theme, it's a decent collection. Nice to have a couple of the Piledriver songs in high quality now (ie Demolition), along with stuff that had not been released before at all.
Posted Image

#51 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

This is the only Alex Wright theme that ever mattered, imo.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#52 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

So, they found the Shocked Undertaker Guy: http://www.wwe.com/i...speaks-26225224

#53 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Looking at the picture in that article, the only thing I can think is "Damn. That kid's fixin' to inhale that Chapstick."

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15, :ps3: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, :ps3: Jeopardy

#54 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

I actually said "what the Fuck?" out loud when I read Triple H's tweet. I was scrolling through my feed, and several people had confirmed it by then.

I actually haven't seen many Warrior matches. My first introduction to him was at Wrestlemania XII. Regardless, he was one of my favorite gimmicks. Hearing his speech Saturday evening, then on Monday.. just.. unreal. I, too, thought HHH was hacked, then I thought that maybe he had killed himself or something and the speech on Monday was his own eulogy.

Just surreal. All I can think about is his family and how proud they looked Saturday.. they don't deserve this pain. No one does.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 Chase

Chase

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

And with the death of Ultimate Warrior, that leaves one sole survivor of what I consider to be the Big 3 who helped build the WWF/WWE into what it is today. Whacha gonna do, brother, when Father Time comes to getchu.

#56 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

10150799_10152517257990116_6934476975076

Heroes.jpg

#57 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

I don't expect Hogan to die for a while. When he does though, that's going to be rough.

#58 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

1609695_790275491060156_1463825430195413

Heroes.jpg

#59 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

Watching the Network stream (WM 6). I probably would not have believed you if you told me Dusty would outlast everyone else in that match (Liz, Sapphire, Sherri, Savage).
Posted Image

#60 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:10 AM

To lighten the mood a little, anyone want to guess what I kept singing to myself today?  It was accompanied by trumpets...

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif