MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! People have been selling this for $70 or more used on eBay, was hoping I wouldn't have to spend that much.

Hmm. Hopefully a reprint is coming. Would rather get the GCU discount from Best Buy. Thanks OP.

Bought it. Wondering if this is a reprint or just a limited amount of stock that they found...
I wouldn't call over a 1000 copies just found stock. They would of had to find boxes and boxes and boxes of it I'm guessing due to all the hype on secondary market the publisher decided they deserve that money instead resellers and hopefully a reprint coming

Only problem with buying this particular game used is the codes might already be used. Not everything is on the discs.
Got it once before used, VR code was still good (already had MGS1 on PSN) and kept book then got rid of PS3 to get PS4.. got another PS3 now so... just need it used

Oh no, don't tell the people in the other thread who suddenly bought it since they thought it was rare.

Oh wait, only 8 left in stock, maybe it is a limited find. BUY BUY BUY

Damn, was this OOP or something? Didn't realize it was even worth that much.. Still have mine sealed in my backlog. Ah well, at least I won't be inclined to sell it now.

Was tempted (OMG how did I miss this?) but then I went through the MGS games I have...

Essential Collection for PS2
HD Collection for PS3
MGS4 PS3

...and realized I already have just about everything in this set. Breathe...

I'm sucha sucker for MGS stuff. In for one, even though I own the MGS HD collection on both 360 and Vita, own all the old PS2 and PSP games (including the PSP ghaphic novel of MGS1), and own MGS4 collectors edition. The art/history of Metal gear, plus the graphic novels on PS3 sold me, again. The fact that this is seemingly rare helps, as I don't really need to open it, and can keep it sealed for a while.

With a mention that more is on the way.
True but the 999+ trick isn't always accurate, especially when there are quantity restrictions. The "more on the way" and "order now ships in "X" days" is usually a good sign they are quickly running out of inventory. The next step, which I'm sure will happen soon is "no longer sold by _______ " and it will be OOS.

Yea cause wasn't metal gear essentials collection also worth alot until it got a reprint?

It also shows delivery as April 16th even with prime

Was tempted (OMG how did I miss this?) but then I went through the MGS games I have...

Essential Collection for PS2
HD Collection for PS3
MGS4 PS3

...and realized I already have just about everything in this set. Breathe...
I almost bought on impulse...but I remembered the same thing you just said.

Now I'm only seeing the may require 1-2 days but no more stock numbers.  Maybe it is a huge reprint, but why just amazon?  Usually don't some of the NY 3rd party sellers list those first?

Sorry, but it was damaged during transit, so I would like a refund.
Good thing I had an honest buyer who already left me positive feedback.

Bought two copies at a local FM, left the remaining one for someone else. Opened one to play MGS2, and sold the second to make the first "free". Seems reasonable to me.

I already got this from an Amazon sale over the holidays. I'm pretty sure I got it for around $30. (a lightning deal, if I'm not mistaken) It looks great on my shelf, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out properly. I had no idea it was going for so much on the second hand market now that its a bit more difficult to find new in stores.

No longer available, so much for 999 copies.
Or someone bought them in huge numbers which I wouldn't say is too far out there. Glad I ordered one now.

Edit- Still in the buying choices but now off the main page for the item.

In for zero lol. They're already OOS. When I first clicked the link about 5 mins ago it was backordered till the 12th. Now I dont even see that. I didn't even know that this was rare apparently. I've never played a MGS game in my life though.

bread's done
Back