Spring Savings Sale at Gamestop - 4/7 to 4/15 Consoles also get 40% extra credit

BDub34

CAGiversary!
Here's the ad: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/springsale/

Pro members get up to 40% off, but while the ad says on games and accessories only, I traded in a 360 and a Wii, and I got the 40% mark up for those as well.

One of the things they offer is an Xbox One w/ Forza 5 (499.99) & when I finished trading everything in, I managed to snag it for $176.

The 250 GB 360 got me $112 & the old model Wii got me $49, both with the bonus. I also traded in a boatload of games & accessories.

The in-store flyer only has the front-page games, so the clerk tried to tell me it wouldn't work for Xbox One, so if you take advantage, make sure you reference the flyer above.

I also got Titanfall, and if anyone wants to play, here's my tag: ThereWillBWales

I'll post the values of my trade-ins soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if they are doing the bonus credit for trading a PS4 -> XB1 or XB1 -> PS4?

Their values are identical right now, and I doubt they would give the additional 40% as stated in this ad, but I just wanted to clarify.

Not unless you have the SOTW coupon. Again, the values listed on their site are with bonuses. You won't get anything extra on those prices.

So this is for the paid membership only right?

The 40% extra says towards anything in the flyer so one could in theory trade towards a $10 Disney Infinity character since it is the cheapest thing on there.

I'm trying to get creative here in an attempt to unload my old consoles for a PS4.

Could I trade them to GS towards an Xbone (for the 40% bonus) and then immediately return the Xbone for a PS4? 

[quote name="Czak" post="11681414" timestamp="1397151510"]I'm trying to get creative here in an attempt to unload my old consoles for a PS4.

Could I trade them to GS towards an Xbone (for the 40% bonus) and then immediately return the Xbone for a PS4? [/quote] You could trade towards a DI character or a cheap game on there you want, then use the remaining credit for XB1.

Anyone know if they are doing the bonus credit for trading a PS4 -> XB1 or XB1 -> PS4?

Their values are identical right now, and I doubt they would give the additional 40% as stated in this ad, but I just wanted to clarify.
I don't see why they wouldn't, since the ad said "games & accessories only," but the system automatically bumped everything up by 40%. However, the clerk entered all the trades as once transaction, so the system clearly doesn't have an automatic parser to weed out the "invalid" items. Separate transactions for games v. consoles might prevent that. The console bonus seems like one of those things they wouldn't want to advertise since they're not maximizing profits by letting dudes like me walk in there with bags of trade-in items.

Remember too that even though I did my homework and had all the info on my side, the clerk still tried to explain that I could get the bonus for only the 6 or so games advertised in their in-store flyer, not all the things listed in the digital ad you have to scour to find what you want. Your average customer may not be as tenacious as we cheap bastards are.

bread's done
Back