ps3 dualshock

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ussammac

ussammac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Sony DualShock 3 Black Playstation 3 Controller and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

Item#:  2SG-102106488T  | Model#: 3040037RETAIL Bundle

Buy the bundle and with a $60 rebate makes the controller $9.99 + shipping and tax (in some states).  I believe it would require an installation/activation of the Security software on a PC to qualify for the rebate.

http://www.tigerdire...=2SG-102106488T

UPDATE: Other CAGs have replied that no installation was needed on a similar rebate deal in the past.  Activation can be done online without an installation.

USsammac.png?0.9314532488395207

#2 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Read some of the reviews complaining about slow down after installing program, that has me worried. 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#3 Agadama

Agadama

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Ah, one of the Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle rebate deals. Make sure to install it on a Virtual Machine everybody.

#4 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Why are we talking about the program it comes with? Screw the program, throw it away a $10 DS3 is insane.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#5 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Sony DualShock 3 Black Playstation 3 Controller and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

Item#:  2SG-102106488T  | Model#: 3040037RETAIL Bundle

Buy the bundle and with a $60 rebate makes the controller $9.99 + shipping and tax (in some states).  I believe it would require an installation/activation of the Security software on a PC to qualify for the rebate.

Unable to post link, copy the URL to your browser to get to the deal.

http://www.tigerdire...=2SG-102106488T

I worked for CompUSA/TigerDirect. They offer rebates on the Total Defense stuff REGARDLESS. The software is crap, but if you can get your rebate back somehow, just get rid of it.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#6 Kev Cypunk

Kev Cypunk

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm interested but don't usually rebate.

#7 Shimisi

Shimisi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Having Total Defense on your computer is 1000x worse than having malware on it.

#8 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Damn, this is tempting. But do I REALLY need another DS3?

Also, Little Deviants for Vita is $3.97. I know some people just hate this game but c'mon! It's $3.97!!!! http://www.tigerdire...5327&CatId=2900

I think shipping combines if you buy multiple items? Like the controller.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#9 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Why are we talking about the program it comes with? Screw the program, throw it away a $10 DS3 is insane.

The problem is, (from what I've read) you actually have to install that POS to get the rebate.

When you have to actually install a program to get a rebate, you KNOW the software is shit.

#10 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

nope not falling for this again... my xbox 360 controller was canceled and I ended up stuck with useless software.

#11 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

nope not falling for this again... my xbox 360 controller was canceled and I ended up stuck with useless software.

What? You have to be kidding. You actually paid for the software and they didn't send the controller?

#12 General-Lee

General-Lee

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Is this available instore? There is a tigerdirect store close by and I need a new controller, also how long it takes to get the rebate back?

#13 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

I bit on this deal with Madden 25 and the Total Defense Security bundle.  NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED.  I just activated it on their website with the code in the case.  Got my rebate in about a month.  Pretty smooth really.

631840.png

#14 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

I bit on this deal with Madden 25 and the Total Defense Security bundle.  NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED.  I just activated it on their website with the code in the case.  Got my rebate in about a month.  Pretty smooth really.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'd swear some people were claiming it actually had to be installed...

#15 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. I'd swear some people were claiming it actually had to be installed...

Nope.  It does have to be activated, but that can be done online on their website.  I never took the disc out of the case and already got my rebate.

631840.png

#16 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Tigerdirect rebates are really scammy. Just check resellerratings if you want more info:

http://www.resellerr...re/Tiger_Direct