Suggestions for Newegg (and other site) game sales?

Mike_TV

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey all, does anyone have any suggestions for how to get notifications for Newegg sales as soon as the prices drop? I get the general e-mails in the morning after each sale starts, but by then the things I want are usually sold out. I missed out on the $10 Arkham Origins Blackgate and the $15 Etrian Odyssey Untold deals, and I don't wanna miss out on whatever is next.

There's this site called CheapAssGamer you can check for deals.  It has a Video Game Deals forum section that you can checkout every once in awhile to see if anything interests you.

The best way I find out about deals when away from a computer is:

1. CAG on Twitter.  I check that on my phone constantly, as they post awesome deals.

2. Slickdeals alerts.  I know a lot of people hate slickdeals, but they have a great alert feature.  I installed the app and set it to send me a notification when a thread is posted in the Hot Deals forum that contain the words xbox, game, or ds.  I've gotten many cheap collectors editions lately because of that app.  (You do get a lot of non deal notifications too though, but in the end it's worth it.)

Hope that helps.

Newegg itself actually has a price alert feature on every item page.

I'm cheesed that I missed that Etrian Odyssey Untold deal too lol. Hope it comes back but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks NSpectreGarrus and Neuropod! I went the Slickdeals app, as an instant ping when someone reports a sale seems like something I can live with, and this way I don't have to go through and fill out price alerts for everything I want on Newegg.

bread's done
Back