Disney Magical World

Explicit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
pTRU1-18171264dt.jpg

Release Information
[background=rgb(35,37,43)]Release Date: 4/11/14 (NA), 8/1/13 (JPN) under the title Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life[/background]
[background=rgb(35,37,43)]Price: $29.99[/background]
[background=rgb(35,37,43)]# of Players: 1; Local Co-Op Play 2 players; Online multiplayer (Online player count TBD)[/background]

[background=rgb(35,37,43)]This is supposed to be a cross between The Sims and Animal Crossing New Leaf. How good it will be and perform is the big question, but hopefully we'll get a decent sized community playing this like we do Pokemon X & Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf and some other games. Drop your friend code and experiences with the game as you go along with it. My FC is in my sig if you'd like to add me. I've read the first hour is a borefest, but after that it picks ups. They also offer paid DLC which if the game is good, I wont mind paying for it.[/background]

[background=rgb(35,37,43)]Check here for some bonus items and AR cards from Disney: [/background]
http://disneymagicalworld.nintendo.com/#worlds
http://disneymagicalworld.nintendo.com/#bonus-items

Great post by IkedaTeramusa from the Cheap 3DS Sale thread in the Video Game Deals section that should help out with starting the game and getting some exclusive stuff.
[quote post="11683810" timestamp="1397237156"]
In case anyone gets Disney's Magical World:

http://jp.wazap.com/cheat/%EF%BC%A1%EF%BC%B2%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC/541221/

That's a link to all current AR cards (read: free outfits, recipes, furniture, accys)[/quote]

Friend Code Page by Sychophantom - Send a PM to Sychophantom to be added with the following information:
CAG Name:
Character Name:
Cafe Name:
Friend Code:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for creating this thread. I'll be picking this up today. My friend code is: 3067-5458-4889. I find it works best to let people know you've added them, because I don't think you show up on someone's list until you've both added the code.

Here is mine. 0834-2022-3399.  I'm using a different 3DS from the one I play Animal Crossing on. I've added Shaggy and Explicit's other code.

I've actually been playing for a couple days now. I like it.  The online part is lacking but overall pretty good.  

One thing about the AR cards.  Once you scan it to get the item from it, if you re-scan them, you can keep getting random seeds.  So far I've gotten maybe 6 seeds from the cards that I have not been able to get through the game yet.

Still not sure about this game... would love to hear more impressions from CAGs.
I'll be playing it tonight and will share some impressions after that. There are some good video reviews up now and the big sites have started to post reviews.

Here's what I'm expecting based on play through videos and reviews.

- Collecting and customization, similar to Animal Crossing.

- Not as polished as Animal Crossing in terms of graphics, controls, etc.

- Lots of Disney charm, but probably can't compete with Animal Crossing.

- More traditional gameplay (mini-games and "quests") compared to Animal Crossing. A lot of people are calling it across between The Sims and Rune Factory. I've also heard it plays and looks a lot like Kingdom Hearts.

As a Disney fan, and someone who enjoys the "collecting" aspect of Animal Crossing, I can't imagine not getting $30 of value out of this game.

Played about half an hour so far. The beginning is boring in the sense that you need to do various things to unlock menu items and locations in general. The foldout manual in the game has your first AR card. I got the summer clothes set from it. I did run into an issue where the game froze as did the system.

I've never had a 3DS game freeze on me. When the system started back up a prompt for an update to the game came up. Hopefully that fixed the issue, but we shall see. I'll give further impressions as I play, but so far as a Disney fan I think it's cute seeing the Disney characters talk and in a semi different environment.

Makes me wish it was July already when my Disneyland trip is. My niece will have a ball seeing this game. Mind you she's only 2 and a half.

I'm going to try out what prim did and see what happens when I re-scan cards.

What are the online aspects of the game?  It seems like it is very limited outside of local and streetpass?  Can we do ANYTHING over the internet?  If not, seems like I'll pass.  The interaction I have with CAGs on AC is basically the only reason to play anymore.

The online I traction is being able to visit each others cafe. You can make your cafe look anyway you'd like based on the furniture you can buy for it. They offer different themes of furniture just like furniture sets in AC. You can even give each other gifts that can be clothes furniture and something else, I forget. You just can't give special rare items based on what the game said.

The prologue took me over 2 hours to get through. Towards the end it got interesting as it finally opened up Cinderalla's area and you can start doing "missions." They start you off by going after ghosts and it has potential when the difficulty raises later on in the game.

From this point on they no longer hold your hand and once the prologue was done the whole plaza changed to Easter themed items. Mickey and Minnie easter eggs and easter eggs throughout the plaza. I'm liking how they theme up the game based on the holiday and by doing it for you. It makes the area look like something you'd see in Disneyland/Walt Disney World.

The game hasn't froze for me since after the patch so hopefully it fixed it. As for a six year old playing it, I think they should be fine as long as you help them out in areas. Although what I think would be tough for a child that age may be me not giving kids enough credit on being able to understand and learn on their own how to overcome various obstacles.

What are the online aspects of the game? It seems like it is very limited outside of local and streetpass? Can we do ANYTHING over the internet? If not, seems like I'll pass. The interaction I have with CAGs on AC is basically the only reason to play anymore.
I haven't got to that point yet. I'm two hours in and just unlocked everything in the menu. I really take my time in games like this, and I messed up one of the "tasks", so don't think that the tutorials will take that long for everyone.

I previously mentioned that I wasn't expecting the game to compare favorably to Animal Crossing in terms of graphics, controls, design, etc, and it doesn't, but it's better than expected. There are also things it does better than Animal Crossing, especially when it comes to the menus.

There is going to be a lot to collect in this game, if you like that. I've played it enough to know, that I will at least pick it up for short bursts to collect and take part in special events. If I end up enjoying the "missions" that will be a bonus.

I've been so busy with work this week, that I've only been able to play in chunks. It's a lot tougher after the prologue because you can see what stickers you can obtain, but you have to earn money, open up new areas and play through the levels to gain the items you need. Without the proper quest outfits and wands, it gets tough quick. Really nice to see considering you walk by and talk to Mickey, Goofy and so forth. A very pleasant surprise I must say.

I'm also wondering if this game is kid friendly? My 9 year old is more into gaming then her older sister. She enjoys Disney Infinity since your not necessarily punished for your character dieing in the game and she can take her time while completing missions. I know this is more like AC, but will it hold your hand if you need it to?

I'm also wondering if this game is kid friendly? My 9 year old is more into gaming then her older sister. She enjoys Disney Infinity since your not necessarily punished for your character dieing in the game and she can take her time while completing missions. I know this is more like AC, but will it hold your hand if you need it to?
Yup this is definitely kid-friendly as long as she has basic reading ability.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Have 28 stickers. The only thing is, it says I have no friends with cafes to visit on my friends list! I KNOW some of y'all who have me as an AC friend have this game- upload your cafe!!! Mine is still a piece of crap because the one item I need to upgrade isn't in stock at Scrooge's, but you still get free outfits every few visits to even random cafes on the internet. Great way to get more ace ensembles.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Have 28 stickers. The only thing is, it says I have no friends with cafes to visit on my friends list! I KNOW some of y'all who have me as an AC friend have this game- upload your cafe!!! Mine is still a piece of crap because the one item I need to upgrade isn't in stock at Scrooge's, but you still get free outfits every few visits to even random cafes on the internet. Great way to get more ace ensembles.
I will do that. I just unlocked the online stuff, but haven't looked into yet.

You've got one now if you haven't erased me yet.

I just started it today. Picked it up from the TRU $20 sale. Almost done with the prologue.

I uploaded my Cafe. Do you have to upload each time you make changes or is it done automatically now.

It only uploads your cafe when you connect to the internet in game.  When your playing, it's good to upload your cafe every half hour or so to keep your cafe on the random list. This way you can get more visits.

I'd say I'm never handing another dollar over to this company after what they did to LucasArts, but I know I'll end up watching the new Captain America so...

Just picked mine up, will start it and post friend code once baby goes down for a nap :)

Edit: my friend code is 4339-3387-9330

Thanks for creating this thread. I'll be picking this up today. My friend code is: 3067-5458-4889. I find it works best to let people know you've added them, because I don't think you show up on someone's list until you've both added the code.
I added you

Hope that's ok

Hrm. Maybe a spreadsheet like the Animal Crossing thread would be an idea? At the very least, I'd be willing to throw a page up on my website for those who want to post and share their friend codes for this game.

Hrm. Maybe a spreadsheet like the Animal Crossing thread would be an idea? At the very least, I'd be willing to throw a page up on my website for those who want to post and share their friend codes for this game.
That's a good idea. I'll wiki the first post so you or anyone else can add a link to a FC sheet. Would a Google Doc be easier to do?

That's a good idea. I'll wiki the first post so you or anyone else can add a link to a FC sheet. Would a Google Doc be easier to do?
It would, but I'm thinking if one were to be made, making it moderated this time might be a good idea as well. I remember how many times the ACNL one got borked and fixed, not to mentiuon some of the HomePass docs that were open.

I just offered my website so I'd actually use it once in a while.

It would, but I'm thinking if one were to be made, making it moderated this time might be a good idea as well. I remember how many times the ACNL one got borked and fixed, not to mentiuon some of the HomePass docs that were open.

I just offered my website so I'd actually use it once in a while.
If you want to use your website, that works for me. I agree some moderation on the list would be a good idea. The first post is a wiki post now.

Some of the quests I've been given are impossible to do at the level of stickers I have. I've got 30, and the item Donald Duck wants isn't available to me until 35, according to Google. Good thing there isn't really any penalty for timing out of quests. 

Prim, saw your cafe and you visited my town.  Do you have 100 stickers? :lol: Seems like you're a crazy pro at this game just like AC.

I like how this game tells you if you already own clothes or furniture when you go to buy it at the store.  AC sorely lacks this feature.

Are there any cafe recipes worth more than 50 coins each? And for that matter, is there a point in using one worth less when you've unlocked a 50 coin one? Aside from the odd cafe request thing, of course.

So is this game better as a download or physical cartridge? My animal crossing is digital and I'm really liking that much.

Are there any cafe recipes worth more than 50 coins each? And for that matter, is there a point in using one worth less when you've unlocked a 50 coin one? Aside from the odd cafe request thing, of course.
My highest recipe is like 130 (140?) coins payout

I sometimes do the ones that are less so I can fill up the party meter easy when it runs out and/or to make a dish for whatever the days/party theme is

So is this game better as a download or physical cartridge? My animal crossing is digital and I'm really liking that much.
I almost went digital, but I got a great price on the physical cart.

Honestly, this is probably better digital, if only for the ease of switching between it and some other game while you're farming for ingredients and what not.

Just got the ultimate fish, and it was over 180 cm, so I am done with the fishing stickers, AND it brought me to 77 stickers so I can open the chest in Yen Sid's house. yasssssss

digital games are now tied to your NNID account now right?

I'm thinking about buying a new 3ds xl and don't want hassles if I need to port them over.

digital games are now tied to your NNID account now right?

I'm thinking about buying a new 3ds xl and don't want hassles if I need to port them over.
Actually, they're tied to both the account and the console, since your account is tied to the console. The worst of both worlds.

However, System transfers are pretty painless providing the target system does NOT have an NNID linked to it. The 7 day waiting period is still active, too.

7day waiting peroid?

also you can you have more then 1 3ds on the NNID? What is the purpose of adding friends now that they blocked swapnote? Oh, I guess you have to have them for AC and other online interaction.

but is that the only thing friends are good for on a 3DS?

Also is the NNID only good for mii verse and mii verse only?

Also do you think if I repair my 3ds's wifi atenna or replace wifi card that I will lose my streetpasses do to a new mac address.

Also Thanks Sychophantom, for the swap note stationary untill Nintendo shut it down =(.

Once you do a system transfer, you need to wait 7 days before you can do another.

One 3DS per NNID. One Club Nintendo account now per NNID, as well. 

Friends are good for multiplayer, plus games like this and ACNL. 

The NNID is supposed to be Nintendo's equivalent of the accounts like Sony and Microsoft, but they got it ass-backwards. You need one for Miiverse and ANYTHINg to do with the eShop, including free software and demos. 

The wifi antenna should not have anything to do with Streetpass, but honestly I don't know. I don't think it should matter. 

And you're welcome. 

So if I buy my Daughter a 3ds or give her my old one They can be on the same account? LAME! As in Family Club nintendo account.

I want one account to rule them all and in the darkness bind them. So i can one stop control.

bread's done
Back