Toys R Us Easter Sale 4/18-4/19

Edit:b1g1 40% off not 50%
2 titanfalls XB1 for $56 trade 1 into BB for $43.20 get titanfall for $13. Sure has been alot of sales/promos for this wonder what the actual sales are.
Lol at epic mickey wasn`t it $5 during a weekend sale several months ago & even then

Last edited by a moderator:
2 titanfalls XB1 for $60 trade 1 into BB for $43.20 get titanfall for $17. Sure has been alot of sales/promos for this wonder what the actual sales are.
Lol at epic mickey wasn`t it $5 during a weekend sale several months ago & even then
it was $4.99 for best buy president day sale

2 titanfalls XB1 for $60 trade 1 into BB for $43.20 get titanfall for $17. Sure has been alot of sales/promos for this wonder what the actual sales are.
Hmm, been wanting to get Thief. Thief and Titanfall then trade Titanfall might work.

You're about $4-10 off (depending on tax in your area). $40+24=$64+tax. For me that would be $68. If they value on Titanfall holds for a week (unlikely since it is on sale at BBY starting tomorrow). That makes it $68-$43=$25. Not a terrible deal, but no where near as good as $17.

You're about $4-10 off (depending on tax in your area). $40+24=$64+tax. For me that would be $68. If they value on Titanfall holds for a week (unlikely since it is on sale at BBY starting tomorrow). That makes it $68-$43=$25. Not a terrible deal, but no where near as good as $17.
and spending cash for credit = meh in my book. at least i wouldn't think to have TRU credit

My thought as well, if the TIV holds that is.
Buy the copies now at whatever price, trade in ASAP the return to TRU for return/rebuy with receipt. If they refuse then tell then you could be 2 copies right then with the promo & then walk those copies over to CS for the return with the 1st receipt.

No tax in DE so it`s actually gonna cost me $56-43.20 $12.80

and spending cash for credit = meh in my book. at least i wouldn't think to have TRU credit
Paying with my BB pre-paid visa to get rz points. I never spend cash outside of BB unless it`s a place that doesn`t take visa.

Paying with my BB pre-paid visa to get rz points. I never spend cash outside of BB unless it`s a place that doesn`t take visa.
I didn't think Best Buy let you get Visas using Best Buy gift cards anymore. Unless you are able to do that, you are only 1 transaction removed from spending cash to buy the Visa.

ok please explain
Pretty sure he is saying you will become addicted to Skylanders once you buy the starter set. You may be saving money compared to MSRP on that initial purchase, but you will be hooked and won't be able to resist buying more figures, which will negate your "savings".

Also, the ad clearly says "cannot be combined with any other offer", which I assume means you wouldn't be able to use the coupon anyway.

I didn't think Best Buy let you get Visas using Best Buy gift cards anymore. Unless you are able to do that, you are only 1 transaction removed from spending cash to buy the Visa..
The PC allows it I buy at least 4 every 2 weeks with cash to pay for my gas expenses & anytime I have enough credit to top off or fill card with credit I do it. Walmart gift cards can be used to buy visa's also just pay the $5 fee with cash & the rest in credit.
The only negative with BB's cards is that their fees are so high for a card with a $200 load limit Walmarts are $4.95 for $500 vs.$5.95 for $200.

2 titanfalls XB1 for $56 trade 1 into BB for $43.20 get titanfall for $13. Sure has been alot of sales/promos for this wonder what the actual sales are.

Im getting $64 not $56. When buying two $40 games at b1g40%. So Titanfall after trade in would be $21.

The PC allows it I buy at least 4 every 2 weeks with cash to pay for my gas expenses & anytime I have enough credit to top off or fill card with credit I do it. Walmart gift cards can be used to buy visa's also just pay the $5 fee with cash & the rest in credit.
The only negative with BB's cards is that their fees are so high for a card with a $200 load limit Walmarts are $4.95 for $500 vs.$5.95 for $200.
The system technically allowing it doesn't mean it isn't YMMV. Best buy employees have regularly refused to do this and and I know not long ago there were multiple reports that they had memos telling employees not too.

Walmart gift cards can be used to buy visa's also just pay the $5 fee with cash & the rest in credit.
Is that YMMV? What about egift cards? There seems to be a lot of different experiences in the Walmart thread and it would be nice if I knew I could go there and convert my egift to Visa if all I have to do is pay a small fraction in cash.

I've never tried it, but it seems like most people get turned down trying to buy Best Buy Visas with gift cards from what I read on this site.

Will the B1G1 40% Off include the games that already have 50% off clearance stickers.  For example, The Wonderful 101 which currently has a green 50% Clearance sticker dropping its $29.99 pricetag to $15.00.  If both discounts stack, it'll cost just $24 for 2 copies of W101.

Will the B1G1 40% Off include the games that already have 50% off clearance stickers. For example, The Wonderful 101 which currently has a green 50% Clearance sticker dropping its $29.99 pricetag to $15.00. If both discounts stack, it'll cost just $24 for 2 copies of W101.
no cause the buy 1 get 1 40% off and the clearance sale is considered two different promos and they can't be combined.

Im getting $64 not $56. When buying two $40 games at b1g40%. So Titanfall after trade in would be $21.
I see what I did I had the $15.99 amount as what was being paid instead of discounted

The system technically allowing it doesn't mean it isn't YMMV. Best buy employees have regularly refused to do this and and I know not long ago there were multiple reports that they had memos telling employees not too.
The mistake people make is making it too obvious never show the GC until the last minute, add a filler item to the purchase which can be returned & use more than 1 form of payment. If you wanna covert $400 then get 2 cards, a $6 dvd & maybe another $5 filler if you have a $5 or $10 rz cert even better. Let them scan everything then give them the $5 rz cert, $5 cash and finally the gc. If the line/store is busy even better also flirt and/or make conversation regarding the dvd or something that distracts the cashier.

Goto your car then come right back in & return the dvd the rz cert will be credited back.

You can also purchase them in the area where tvs/tablets are paid for with reps who rarely see these types of purchases at all. Most YMMV denials are b/c of a mistake the customer makes.

Is that YMMV? What about egift cards? There seems to be a lot of different experiences in the Walmart thread and it would be nice if I knew I could go there and convert my egift to Visa if all I have to do is pay a small fraction in cash.

I've never tried it, but it seems like most people get turned down trying to buy Best Buy Visas with gift cards from what I read on this site.
I`d suggest using the egiftcard on something t
o return to the b&m store for a reg giftcard if possible. You can complete 99% of the walmart giftcard to walmart pre-paid visa w/o the rep knowing anything.

I take $600(3 BB pre-paid visa`s) & purchase a $500 walmart GC where they sell keys/fishing bait. Then take the $500 giftcard & new non activated walmart visa to the front registers. Tell the cashier you wanna pay the $5 fee with cash & the rest using your card(flash a debit card), once the rep applies the $5 use the keypad. Swipe the card press payment the register will tell the cashier to "scan the walmart giftcard". The computer will not proceed until the giftcard is scanned, once the giftcard is scanned there will be a 15-25 second delay & the receipt will print. Take your card & go visa should be active right away keep your receipt as proof in the event a rep says the pc won`t allow it. Not doing it in that sequence could lead to an error message or denial. The cashiers wanna move you along asap so make your transaction simple by doing most of the work for them

I didn't think Best Buy let you get Visas using Best Buy gift cards anymore. Unless you are able to do that, you are only 1 transaction removed from spending cash to buy the Visa.

Pretty sure he is saying you will become addicted to Skylanders once you buy the starter set. You may be saving money compared to MSRP on that initial purchase, but you will be hooked and won't be able to resist buying more figures, which will negate your "savings".

Also, the ad clearly says "cannot be combined with any other offer", which I assume means you wouldn't be able to use the coupon anyway.
A coupon isn't considered an offer. They have no reason not to accept it. It's pretty much cash to them, since they send it to the manufacturer and get the money back. Offers are considered TRU specific promos.

Are they still giving that coupon out, or did I miss it? Because yeah, for $22.49, I might finally get Skylanders too.
Yeah, they are included with the toys inside the Happy Meals at McDonalds. If you don't want to get a Happy Meal, you should be able to just buy a toy. But some places charge so much for the toy, that it's not much more for a Happy Meal (and some places have specials on Happy Meals for $2 on certain days/times, at least in my area). Last year, they offered a $10 coupon online. I haven't seen it, this year, yet. The $22.49 price is so tempting, but I see no reason to pick up another Swap Force. Last year, Target had some deal on Giants that made it $1, but it was after a price match and Swap Force pre-order promo (which was a YMMV if the cashier would ring it). At least, then, it would have been worth it to get the 3DS version to get Punch Pop Fizz. I, however, ended up having to get another XBox 360 version because our disc happened to get the ring of death that XBox seems to put on discs during that week. I guess the 3DS version does come with it's own variant of Eruptor, but not worth $22.49. Though if you didn't have the other 2 figures, it would be worth it.

So am I understanding this correctly? Titanfall x1 is 39.99 and you can buy 1 get 1 40% off so you could get 2 copies of titanfall for around 65 then trade in to best buy for around 83? Guess the profit isn't that great but it is something.

So am I understanding this correctly? Titanfall x1 is 39.99 and you can buy 1 get 1 40% off so you could get 2 copies of titanfall for around 65 then trade in to best buy for around 83? Guess the profit isn't that great but it is something.
As long as the TIV holds at BBY it's good for me mine are across the street from each other and I have stuff to get at BBY anyway :D

Bonus: you get the points at both if you have the rewards cards. (Which I believe many of us do :D)

bread's done
Back