Best Buy sending out $5 RZ Cert emails, YMMV

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Just checked my email and got a random $5 cert. As always YMMV....

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#2 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Fredo in the cut, that's a scary site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

x31svr.jpg
Best Buy

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#3 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Oh god. In before everyone talking about calling best buy to bitch about not getting a $5 cert...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

x31svr.jpg
Best Buy

Let's get Pepsiman back in here, maybe his dad can help us sue them.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

As always YMMV....

And as always im calling Customer Service for some entitlement damn it

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Are you sure you just didn't get a RZ auto issue certificate?
Because that's what probably happened.
With that said everyone feel free to waste their time discussing this topic further.

#7 angie_chan

angie_chan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

The certificates appear to be linked to being a bonus for having a Best Buy Credit Card. I just logged into My Best Buy and that's the description it is giving me for my issued cert.

#8 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

The certificates appear to be linked to being a bonus for having a Best Buy Credit Card. I just logged into My Best Buy and that's the description it is giving me for my issued cert.

See now we can call and complain about not getting it because they won't give us a credit card!

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#9 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

See now we can call and complain about not getting it because they won't give us a credit card!

The crazy thing is that even though the Best Buy Credit Card is solid on its rewards as long as you use it solely at Best Buy, you actually get better Cash Back with a US Bank Cash + Visa Card.  Just make sure to choose "Electronics" as one of your 2 categories each quarter and you get 5% on all purchases at Best Buy.  You can also actually use it to get better rewards at Amazon compared to the Chase Amazon Visa Card (3% Cash Back) by using "Book Store" as a category as well (US Bank Cash + Visa = 5%).

#10 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

the wife and i were thinking about getting a bestbuy card . is it better then discover it card ?

I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#11 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

If anyone is considering signing up for a BB CC. Not sure if at all stores so YMMV, but my BB is offering $20 credit on your first $50+ purchase with the CC after you sign up.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#12 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

the wife and i were thinking about getting a bestbuy card . is it better then discover it card ?

Fat Wallet actually has a good thread in their Finance Forum discussing all the various credit cards that are worth getting for rewards.  This is why you would be using it, yes?  The thing about rewards credit cards is that you never want to carry a balance on them because that will negate the rewards because the interest is generally higher on them compared to other credit cards.  From my understanding, the Discover It credit card is great because of the 5% in rotating categories and the free FICO credit score in your statements now, but it would not get you 5% at Best Buy all the time - only when the appropriate category is used that quarter. 

#13 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Fat Wallet actually has a good thread in their Finance Forum discussing all the various credit cards that are worth getting for rewards.  This is why you would be using it, yes?  The thing about rewards credit cards is that you never want to carry a balance on them because that will negate the rewards because the interest is generally higher on them compared to other credit cards.  From my understanding, the Discover It credit card is great because of the 5% in rotating categories and the free FICO credit score in your statements now, but it would not get you 5% at Best Buy all the time - only when the appropriate category is used that quarter. 

yeah had the "it card" for a few months now its amazing . barclaycard its ok

I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#14 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Are you sure you just didn't get a RZ auto issue certificate?
Because that's what probably happened.
With that said everyone feel free to waste their time discussing this topic further.

That was the first thing I checked, but my points that I need for a cert hadn't posted yet. Appears to be a lucky $5! A first for me, I NEVER get their cert emails...

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#15 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Where is the "hide thread" button?

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#16 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Oh boy another "check your email" as if no one ever does "and hope maybe you get a certificate" deal.

#17 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Fat Wallet actually has a good thread in their Finance Forum discussing all the various credit cards that are worth getting for rewards. This is why you would be using it, yes? The thing about rewards credit cards is that you never want to carry a balance on them because that will negate the rewards because the interest is generally higher on them compared to other credit cards. From my understanding, the Discover It credit card is great because of the 5% in rotating categories and the free FICO credit score in your statements now, but it would not get you 5% at Best Buy all the time - only when the appropriate category is used that quarter.

You always get bonus points at bestbuy on discover if you log into your discover card account and go to the shopping section and select a retailer on the list then click the hyperlink to their site and either order for shipping or in-store pickup. That includes all of the retailers on the site.

The rotation bonuses are for normal in store swipes of your car. But any of the retailers always get the bonus points when you order online through a link via discovercard.com

#18 thao0209

thao0209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I seem these random $5 email from bestbuy. Its just random and the availability date are usually 2 to 3 day only

#19 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

You always get bonus points at bestbuy on discover if you log into your discover card account and go to the shopping section and select a retailer on the list then click the hyperlink to their site and either order for shipping or in-store pickup. That includes all of the retailers on the site.

The rotation bonuses are for normal in store swipes of your car. But any of the retailers always get the bonus points when you order online through a link via discovercard.com

Thanks for the helpful information!  I do not have a Discover card yet, but I do plan on eventually applying for a Discover It card.  Out of curiosity, if you are purchasing through Discover's shopping section within their website, that would prevent you from getting Cash Back from another referral service like eBates or FW, wouldn't it?

#20 markbrochilll

markbrochilll

The Master Sword

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

They gave me a $10 certificate when I emailed them, asking why Wii U version of Watch_Dogs isn't apart of the $10 preorder promotion. They blamed Ubisoft...

#21 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

They gave me a $60 cert when I told them the ps4 I got from AWD didn't include a game. They were totally confused but after 4 hours on the phone, they agreed. You people are so negative. I spend thousands of dollers every month at bb. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#22 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Best Buy never sends me anything anymore. I think using all the Reward Zone certificates they mistakenly printed to my account has caught up with me. 

663892.png?17663317

#23 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

I got Amazon credit when I called BBY, so I complained about it to Amazon and they gave me some Target credit to make up for it.  Now I can complain to Target about the B2G1 being over and they'll give me some BBY credit.

Trade List

#24 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

I spent the last thee hours on the phone with Best Buy trying to get a $5 credit. I'll keep trying until I get a supervisor who gives in. However, I feel they now they owe me a $20 credit for wasting my weekend.

#25 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

All I got was a rock, which I threw at the entrance, where it bounced off the glass and cracked me in the head.

default.png2.png

#26 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

i threatened to hold my breath until they gave me a $5 credit. when that didnt work i rolled around on the ground screaming and made a huge scene. Eventually they gave me a $5 credit just to get me to be quiet. they also gave me a lollipop.

#27 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

i threatened to hold my breath until they gave me a $5 credit. when that didnt work i rolled around on the ground screaming and made a huge scene. Eventually they gave me a $5 credit just to get me to be quiet. they also gave me a lollipop.

I called and complained that I didn't get a lollipop and they gave me a $50 credit.

663892.png?17663317

#28 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

My luck is up on the horizon!!! I received 4 emails in my different accounts, I wonder if I can combine them in one purchase or I'm going to bitch at BBY customer service over something they have no control over.

#29 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

All I got was a rock, which I threw at the entrance, where it bounced off the glass and cracked me in the head.

I think I saw you last time. You know you look a lot like the El Hoardo sketch rendition.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#30 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Time to call customer service to figure out why they're not servicing a loyal customer.