Nintendo 2DS w/ Pokemon X $100 at Target

It's to be noted that they are selling the stand alone hardware for $100 as well. Since they have it posted online I should not have any problems price matching this at some other store (target I went to last week were out of 2ds).

It's to be noted that they are selling the stand alone hardware for $100 as well. Since they have it posted online I should not have any problems price matching this at some other store (target I went to last week were out of 2ds).
unless of course you want the red pokemon bundle which is exclusive to target therefore no price match opportunity for the bundle

Awesome!  Thank OP!  I actually just bought a stand alone blue one at BJ's a few days ago for $100.  I haven't opened it yet, so I will return that.  I just bought the Red Pokémon one from Target for store pick up, came out cheaper than the stand alone with the 5% Redcard savings, and I had a $5 gift card.  So yeah, thanks again for posting this...just saved me $10 and I got a new game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, but I just cant seem to pull the trigger. I have enough ps3 and vita games for a lifetime and I think I want to stick with just one company for this generation.

I Ike the price, but my clean freak ways are really making it hard for me to play my 3DS games. No matter what I do, I can't stop the dust from getting into the corners on those Nintendo handhelds.

With my Vita, it's just a quick wipe down and it's spotless.

Hey, if I transfer my account from an existing 3ds to this 2ds. Will it erase the pokemon x, but allow me to still be able to redownload it in the Nintendo eShop?

Hey, if I transfer my account from an existing 3ds to this 2ds. Will it erase the pokemon x, but allow me to still be able to redownload it in the Nintendo eShop?
Doing a system transfer won't erase/delete your game. It will simply show up on the 2DS when the transfer is complete.

I Ike the price, but my clean freak ways are really making it hard for me to play my 3DS games. No matter what I do, I can't stop the dust from getting into the corners on those Nintendo handhelds.

With my Vita, it's just a quick wipe down and it's spotless.
use a hori screen protector

Doing a system transfer won't erase/delete your game. It will simply show up on the 2DS when the transfer is complete.
I ask that because people have transferred their accounts to a preinstalled 3ds xl and had their game deleted, but were able to redownload it from the eshop.

Another question, if I want to later on transfer to a 3ds xl will the pokemon x game be part of the transfer?

Can't believe people would actually consider buying one of these over an XL, it really couldn't be any more cheaply made. Tiny screens, single speaker, looks like a Fisher Price toy.

Can't believe people would actually consider buying one of these over an XL, it really couldn't be any more cheaply made. Tiny screens, single speaker, looks like a Fisher Price toy.
With the money you save you could buy a game or two. I know some would try to get the most for their money.

I have a 3DS and 3DS xl, bought one of these because of the ergonomics.

I tried cheesing the Toys R us employee over a price match (they only had the 2DS bundle with Pokemon Y) but they said it had to be the same color, so I just price matched one at best buy with a case. Now I just need screen protectors and I will be set.

Anyone know when the sale will end?
I honestly doubt it'll last. It's very rare that A) Nintendo games ever go on sale, and B) you're not JUST getting a free pokemon game, but also the 2DS at a discount. It'll sell out before the sale is over I'd say.

Well, you're essentially paying $60 for a 2DS and $40 for Pokemon. $60 is a hell of a lot easier for some people than around $200 for an XL if they're gonna buy Pokemon anyways.

For anyone with a 2ds, do you find it to be more comfortable than a 3ds or 3dsxl? I had a 3ds at launch and my left ring finger and pinky would go numb after a while. Same for the right.

This price point is irresistible.

I honestly doubt it'll last. It's very rare that A) Nintendo games ever go on sale, and B) you're not JUST getting a free pokemon game, but also the 2DS at a discount. It'll sell out before the sale is over I'd say.
They restocked for this sale it seems. I just saw 3 new ones at the store I bought mine at, 6 total yoshi and around 20 regular 3ds xl. Last week all they had was 1 red 2ds and a handful of the xl.

More of an impulse buy but pulled the trigger on this.  I had a 3DS XL last year but the weight i wasn't a fan of.  Based on all the reviews and inputs here i'll try this one out.  With 5% red card discount and 1% rebate site discount, got this for $102 including tax.  With the 20% Gamestop b-day coupon, should have two games and a system for the price of just the 2DS, not a bad deal!

if nintendo didn't have a retarded policy of only letting you have 1 nintendo account for all your handhelds i might bite on this. I'll never understand why they have 3 versions of the same handheld but you cant actually have your account on all 3. Friggin assholes. 

if nintendo didn't have a retarded policy of only letting you have 1 nintendo account for all your handhelds i might bite on this. I'll never understand why they have 3 versions of the same handheld but you cant actually have your account on all 3. Friggin assholes.
Add to that, they tie digital purchases to hardware, not accounts. If your hardware breaks or is stolen, you're screwed. Terrible anti-consumer DRM, and a good reason to never buy any digital games from the company.

Some people say you can have your purchases transferred if you call them and beg/grovel, but there are plenty of cases where they still refuse to do it. And you shouldn't have to beg for your own legit purchases to be restored.

Add to that, they tie digital purchases to hardware, not accounts. If your hardware breaks or is stolen, you're screwed. Terrible anti-consumer DRM, and a good reason to never buy any digital games from the company.

Some people say you can have your purchases transferred if you call them and beg/grovel, but there are plenty of cases where they still refuse to do it. And you shouldn't have to beg for your own legit purchases to be restored.
It's worse than that since they introduced NNIDs, now it's tied to both the hardware and your account. If the account is removed from the hardware, the game is gone.

I was unsure if the 2ds screen size was 3ds or xl size. After speaking with a Target employee who I am friends with he recommended not getting it.

I was unsure if the 2ds screen size was 3ds or xl size. After speaking with a Target employee who I am friends with he recommended not getting it.
it the same size as the 3ds screen but honestly I agree with the target employee. Quality wise of the 2ds to 3ds I would use the comparison between the iphone 5s and the iphone 5c if that make sense in the sense they are basically the same thing except the quality build and parts are dumbed down to fit into expected selling prices

For anyone with a 2ds, do you find it to be more comfortable than a 3ds or 3dsxl? I had a 3ds at launch and my left ring finger and pinky would go numb after a while. Same for the right. This price point is irresistible.
The 2DS is more comfortable than the 3DS in my experience. Can't say anything about the 3DSXL (haven't had enough experience with one).

Granted, I'd prefer the XL, but for the extra $100 (or $60 with the XL deal right now), I could pick up the games I most want: Bravely Default and Fire Emblem. And eventually the SMT games. Low price point has me debating a trip to Target..

Granted, I'd prefer the XL, but for the extra $100 (or $60 with the XL deal right now), I could pick up the games I most want: Bravely Default and Fire Emblem. And eventually the SMT games. Low price point has me debating a trip to Target..
You save $60 and can buy a few games, but are stuck with a much inferior piece of hardware forever (until you sell/dump it). Doesn't sound like a good tradeoff just for a few games in the short run.

I for one really like the 3D effect and play all games with 100% 3D. Therefore I would not recommend the 2DS, you are going to be missing out on the coolest feature of the system.

You save $60 and can buy a few games, but are stuck with a much inferior piece of hardware forever (until you sell/dump it). Doesn't sound like a good tradeoff just for a few games in the short run.
yes we all know you hate the 2DS, it's a cheaply made product, blah, blah, blah....

bread's done
Back