Mad Max Trilogy (Mad Max / The Road Warrior / Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome) [Blu-ray] (2013) - $24.99 @ Amazon

Anyone own this?

Ive seen it at bestbuy but I dont want that metal tin mixed in with my movies but that amazon pic makes it look like their is a triple disc blu ray case inside it. Id get it if I didnt have to use the tin. I just hate sets that have a tin or come in a book format or some other crazy packaging.

Anyone own this?

Ive seen it at bestbuy but I dont want that metal tin mixed in with my movies but that amazon pic makes it look like their is a triple disc blu ray case inside it. Id get it if I didnt have to use the tin. I just hate sets that have a tin or come in a book format or some other crazy packaging.
Pretty sure it is also just the Steelbox edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just arrived yesterday. It is a triple disc bluray inside the tin case. No need to worry if you don't want the tin case.

Just arrived yesterday. It is a triple disc bluray inside the tin case. No need to worry if you don't want the tin case.
Yeah I ended up looking for it on ebay and found some sellers with used one opened up for pictures so I ordered one. Id been wanting this set but was never sure about the time. Ill just put it away somewhere and keep the box on the shelf.

This is going to sound bad, but I've never seen any of the Mad Max movies. Are they all pretty good or does it go downhill after the first one (like most trilogies)?

This is going to sound bad, but I've never seen any of the Mad Max movies. Are they all pretty good or does it go downhill after the first one (like most trilogies)?
IMO, the second one is by far the best. The first is a bit more low budget than the second if I recall correctly and the third has a really promising start but then adds a bunch of kids and goes downhill really fast.

They're fun movies, but the second one is the really iconic one and worth owning. If you're a fan of Fallout or anything in the post-apocalyptic genre, then I'd say they're must watch but I only own the second movie personally.

IMO, the second one is by far the best. The first is a bit more low budget than the second if I recall correctly and the third has a really promising start but then adds a bunch of kids and goes downhill really fast.

They're fun movies, but the second one is the really iconic one and worth owning. If you're a fan of Fallout or anything in the post-apocalyptic genre, then I'd say they're must watch but I only own the second movie personally.
Love Fallout so this sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to watching these.

The first one is a solid movie with good production values. I like it a lot but road warrior is by far my favorite. Road warrior has some great dialogue (I could listen to the narration at the start of the movie over and over again), a solid story despite being paper thin, has solid and interesting characters, and this feeling of life just barely clinging on for life and humanity itself falling apart. Beyond thunderdome is a very different direction which I liked because they didn't just do the same shit allover again. It went away from the realistic violence and dark tones. It starts off as a "man with no name" vibe like old clint eastwood westerns, then it later turns into a lord of the flies kind of thing.

So each movie is really good in its own way and despite them all being slightly different it makes them better instead of it just being 3 movies where they repeat themselves, or force a pointless story in just for a sequel.

But of course that's all just opinion and you might hate them all.

Definitely buy the trilogy. Greatest post-apocalyptic movies of all time.

As others have already said, the second movie is the best, but I think all three are fucking awesome.

bread's done
Back