Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Target Buy Forza 5 ($59.99) , get a Free 1 year xbox live (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 RellzOne

RellzOne

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

The guy who ringed me up couldn't believe this deal. It didn't come out automatically so he overrid it himself also with the 10% off from cartwheel for a grand total of 58.31.

#2 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Need more details.

Wonder if you could PM Forza, too. Has to be cheaper elsewhere, no?

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: Halo: MCC

#3 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be for the Forza 5 XBOX One Bundle like it states in the weekly ad. But I could be wrong

#4 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

Need more details.

Wonder if you could PM Forza, too. Has to be cheaper elsewhere, no?

it $50 at best buy but yes more details are need the details are very vague at this point

#5 Cheesy Charlie5

Cheesy Charlie5

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'm still sort of confused as to how to use cartwheel, anyone care to explain? I just logged in online and i'm just generally confused how to find this deal/how to use cartwheel

Gamertag/PSN/NNID:   :xb1: Cheesy Charlie5,  :ps4: Play_StaSEAN,  :wiiu: ScumbagSean

Currently Playing:    :wiiu: DKC: TF/Mario Kart 8

Recently Beat:   :ps3: Lightning Returns: FF XIII,  :ps3: Uncharted 2,  :xb1: Dead Rising 3

#6 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

The ad clearlys says "when you buy this Xbox One," then shows the Xbox One console with Forza 5.

#7 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'm still sort of confused as to how to use cartwheel, anyone care to explain? I just logged in online and i'm just generally confused how to find this deal/how to use cartwheel

When you go in to the store you have to find the specially marked shopping carts, those will have holders on one of the cart wheels for your cell phone.  You stick it in there and shop and it tracks you through the store so when you go to checkout it automatically gives you a discount based on where you went in the store.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8 RellzOne

RellzOne

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Woops
Ya its for xbox one. They had the tag on the 1 year xbox live saying it's free when you buy Forza 5 for xbox one. I'm trying to post my reciept.

#9 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Download the app to your smartphone or use it online at http://cartwheel.target.com/.  Create an account or log in through Facebook, add the 10% off all video games to your account, then either have employee scan your personal barcode from your phone or print it out and have them scan it from the paper.

OP just got lucky that his/her Target has a few employees that might be drinking from radioactive water.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#10 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Well the Tag could be misprinted to say Forza 5 for XBOX ONE instead of A XBOX ONE WITH FORZA 5.

#11 Cheesy Charlie5

Cheesy Charlie5

When you go in to the store you have to find the specially marked shopping carts, those will have holders on one of the cart wheels for your cell phone.  You stick it in there and shop and it tracks you through the store so when you go to checkout it automatically gives you a discount based on where you went in the store.

seems legit

Gamertag/PSN/NNID:   :xb1: Cheesy Charlie5,  :ps4: Play_StaSEAN,  :wiiu: ScumbagSean

Recently Beat:   :ps3: Lightning Returns: FF XIII,  :ps3: Uncharted 2,  :xb1: Dead Rising 3

#12 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Woops
Ya its for xbox one. They had the tag on the 1 year xbox live saying it's free when you buy Forza 5 for xbox one. I'm trying to post my reciept.

Now if the tag is screwed up, just try to ask for it like you did. It's always YMMV if they'll honor the mistake. Forza 5 trades for $32 at BBY. $65 for $35 at BBY and $30 Xbox live is kind of meh though. Unless you really want the game.

#13 Cheesy Charlie5

Cheesy Charlie5

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Download the app to your smartphone or use it online at http://cartwheel.target.com/.  Create an account or log in through Facebook, add the 10% off all video games to your account, then either have employee scan your personal barcode from your phone or print it out and have them scan it from the paper.

thanks, downloading now

#14 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Woops

I'd rather you post the sign instead, since it most likely said the Forza Motorsport 5 bundle.

#15 RellzOne

RellzOne

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Here's the receipt http://i.imgur.com/rCSg58I.jpg

#16 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

I'd rather you post the sign instead, since it most likely said the Forza Motorsport 5 bundle.

agree cause A receipt won't have no helpful info we need a pic of the sign to see the wording

#17 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

It says in the OP "It didn't come out automatically so he overrid it himself"

Required override by a nimrod employee. Move along people, nothing to see here.

MLIFTgM.gif

#18 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

"Hey, here's a picture of an up close and crooked receipt saying Xbox Live is free, so it should be free". Yeah, that's what I'll say.

#19 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

"Hey, here's a picture of an up close and crooked receipt saying Xbox Live is free, so it should be free". Yeah, that's what I'll say.

Make sure you wink at them to.

663892.png?17663317

#20 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Boner-kill.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#21 RellzOne

RellzOne

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

First time making a thread. Though a receipt would be fine, guess not.

#22 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

First time making a thread. Though a receipt would be fine, guess not.

As long as you got it, happy for you man congrats! Great deal!

#23 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Make sure you wink at them to.

don't forget the "shush" with finger on lips.

#24 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

Dreams have been crushed

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & NBA 2K15   :ps4: Evil Within & Sleeping Dogs DE    :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Nada    :3ds: Nada    :vita: Sound Shapes

#25 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

I was a bit harsh, please accept my genuine apology.

The tag is a bit misleading, it says "free with Xbox One Forza". So, I suppose if you raise a stink you will get it. I think the OP wasn't raising a stink though I'm glad he was trying to help out!

Source: was just there buying some Blus

#26 iphosho

iphosho

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

Thanks op, I was able to get the free Xbox live in store with forza one and cartwheel 10% off. I didn't price match forza to amazon tho, didn't wanna push my luck. Manager had to override.2014-04-13 18.36.17.png

#27 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

Quick, go buy a dozen then return all the Forzaseses!

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#28 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Price Match Forza to Amazon for $50, use  Cartwheel for 10% off making it $45+Tax, then trade in Forza 5 at Walmart for $38 and you get a year of Xbox Live for $10.

663892.png?17663317

#29 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

Thanks op, I was able to get the free Xbox live in store with forza one and cartwheel 10% off. I didn't price match forza to amazon tho, didn't wanna push my luck. Manager had to override.attachicon.gif2014-04-13 18.36.17.png

was like, this where the games were kept? or where the consoles were? i know they're close together, just wondering.

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: Halo: MCC

#30 Koneesha

Koneesha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:22 AM

Just tried this at the Target nearest me. The kid who rang me up realized what it meant, and wouldn't honor it.