Target Buy Forza 5 ($59.99) , get a Free 1 year xbox live (YMMV)

Ricky_U

CAGiversary!
The guy who ringed me up couldn't believe this deal. It didn't come out automatically so he overrid it himself also with the 10% off from cartwheel for a grand total of 58.31.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still sort of confused as to how to use cartwheel, anyone care to explain? I just logged in online and i'm just generally confused how to find this deal/how to use cartwheel

I'm still sort of confused as to how to use cartwheel, anyone care to explain? I just logged in online and i'm just generally confused how to find this deal/how to use cartwheel
When you go in to the store you have to find the specially marked shopping carts, those will have holders on one of the cart wheels for your cell phone. You stick it in there and shop and it tracks you through the store so when you go to checkout it automatically gives you a discount based on where you went in the store.

Woops
Ya its for xbox one. They had the tag on the 1 year xbox live saying it's free when you buy Forza 5 for xbox one. I'm trying to post my reciept.

Download the app to your smartphone or use it online at http://cartwheel.target.com/. Create an account or log in through Facebook, add the 10% off all video games to your account, then either have employee scan your personal barcode from your phone or print it out and have them scan it from the paper.

OP just got lucky that his/her Target has a few employees that might be drinking from radioactive water.

When you go in to the store you have to find the specially marked shopping carts, those will have holders on one of the cart wheels for your cell phone. You stick it in there and shop and it tracks you through the store so when you go to checkout it automatically gives you a discount based on where you went in the store.
seems legit

Woops
Ya its for xbox one. They had the tag on the 1 year xbox live saying it's free when you buy Forza 5 for xbox one. I'm trying to post my reciept.
Now if the tag is screwed up, just try to ask for it like you did. It's always YMMV if they'll honor the mistake. Forza 5 trades for $32 at BBY. $65 for $35 at BBY and $30 Xbox live is kind of meh though. Unless you really want the game.

It says in the OP "It didn't come out automatically so he overrid it himself"

Required override by a nimrod employee. Move along people, nothing to see here.

"Hey, here's a picture of an up close and crooked receipt saying Xbox Live is free, so it should be free". Yeah, that's what I'll say.

[quote name="RellzOne" post="11687823" timestamp="1397431011"]First time making a thread. Though a receipt would be fine, guess not.[/quote]

As long as you got it, happy for you man congrats! Great deal!

I was a bit harsh, please accept my genuine apology.

The tag is a bit misleading, it says "free with Xbox One Forza". So, I suppose if you raise a stink you will get it. I think the OP wasn't raising a stink though I'm glad he was trying to help out!

Source: was just there buying some Blus

Thanks op, I was able to get the free Xbox live in store with forza one and cartwheel 10% off. I didn't price match forza to amazon tho, didn't wanna push my luck. Manager had to override.[attachment=4322:2014-04-13 18.36.17.png]

Price Match Forza to Amazon for $50, use  Cartwheel for 10% off making it $45+Tax, then trade in Forza 5 at Walmart for $38 and you get a year of Xbox Live for $10.

Thanks op, I was able to get the free Xbox live in store with forza one and cartwheel 10% off. I didn't price match forza to amazon tho, didn't wanna push my luck. Manager had to override.
attachicon.gif
2014-04-13 18.36.17.png
was like, this where the games were kept? or where the consoles were? i know they're close together, just wondering.

Just tried this at the Target nearest me. The kid who rang me up realized what it meant, and wouldn't honor it.

Maybe the thread title should be changed or at least add YMMV. The legit deal is for Xbox One Forza 5 Bundle, not buy a $60 game, get a $60 membership free.

was like, this where the games were kept? or where the consoles were? i know they're close together, just wondering.
The actual sign was connected to where they keep all the xbox live cards/ psn cards.... which were located right between the games and consoles lol

Somehow I walked out of target paying $45.59 after quick employee price adjustment, 10% cartwheel and 5% target card. I'm not complaining. But definitely YMMV.

May be worth a shot. I pass by a target on the way home from work and it happens to be the one target that still has the Pokemon 2ds bundle I was considering picking up.

All I did was show the sign to the employee in the electronics section and he said yeah that should work. And when it didnt package in the register he just put it in as a $59.99 store coupon taken off the bottom of the reciept. And took an extra $6 off for the cartwheel.

Im gonna try again later tonight. What did you say to get it? Wish me luck.
I just told the guy " so I get 1 year of xbox live for free when I buy Forza 5 for the xbox one" he read it and said ya i guess you do.

He even said he was going to save a copy so he could buy himself 1 to get the 1 year of xbox live during his break.

All I did was show the sign to the employee in the electronics section and he said yeah that should work. And when it didnt package in the register he just put it in as a $59.99 store coupon taken off the bottom of the reciept. And took an extra $6 off for the cartwheel.
CRAP, I forgot to use Cartwheel because I wasn't planning to get any games. :rofl:

Got it! Thanks OP! Do you think I could return Forza for the full 60 dollars since the live card was price adjusted, and technically not a promo?

Thanks OP was able to do Amazon PM Cartwheel and 5% paid $41 they did end up taking the signs off after I completed my Transaction though I even got the Titanfall Edition so 12+1 month card.

Got it! Thanks OP! Do you think I could return Forza for the full 60 dollars since the live card was price adjusted, and technically not a promo?
Well it's worth a try I suppose since they're not tied directly together. An astute CSR might catch it and deny you but how many of those are there at Target?

would it be easier to buy it for $59.99, get the 12 month free and then once that is done, PM it via Amazon and use the cartwheel? I figure you'd have better luck getting it free at the electronics department than CS

bread's done
Back