35 replies to this topic

#1 freakord

freakord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Not a crazy discount, but for those looking for a deal:

http://www.amazon.co... scrolls online

Does anyone know if Gamers Club Unlocked stacks with price match at Best Buy?

#2 markbrochilll

markbrochilll

The Master Sword

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know if Gamers Club Unlocked stacks with price match at Best Buy?

Negative

#3 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

I want this game... but having a feeling it will go F2P within the next 6 months makes me want to wait. Ugh...

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#4 tomster5858

tomster5858

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

i believe bestbuy is 48 plus tax after GCU and you get 10 dollar certificate  for preorder so total  about 40 

#5 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I want this game... but having a feeling it will go F2P within the next 6 months makes me want to wait. Ugh...

Lol if you plan to play it everyday you will probably get your money's worth in 6 months

#6 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

In 6 months? Not a chance.
Posted Image

#7 freakord

freakord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

i believe bestbuy is 48 plus tax after GCU and you get 10 dollar certificate  for preorder so total  about 40 

It's still considered a preorder?

#8 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

In 6 months? Not a chance.

Probably in a year and by then all the bugs will be fixed, content added and so on. Then Ill try it out. It will be f2p soon enough though, the days of multiple pay to play MMO games surviving together at once is almost over. Once the WOW expansion comes out later this year people will jump ship for it, others by then will have grown tired of this one and left as well, so the remaining players will be a much smaller base.

With so many games to play, and so many free MMO titles to play I just cant justify paying to play a game again like that. Only exception will be the new WOW expansion this winter, but even that will be something I clear all the content in 2 months and cancel my account again.

#9 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

I don't see this game going f2p - well at least not even considered until a year or 2 later. F2p fad needs to die anyways though since it is a terrible model (for players wanting a quality mmo).

#10 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

You know what else is a terrible model? Charging $60 for the game, then charging $15 per month AND also having a cash shop in the game. I REALLY hope that model dies.

#11 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I don't see this game going f2p - well at least not even considered until a year or 2 later. F2p fad needs to die anyways though since it is a terrible model (for players wanting a quality mmo).

I love when people have no idea what they are talking about.

#12 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

That was the same thing they said about TOR. Not making that mistake again. 6-12 months and this will be F2P. Its a decent deal for those looking to jump in right away though. Decide if the 52 is worth playing it earlier (+ the monthly fee).

#13 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

Reviews seem really mixed. I watched a few twitch streams and it looks like fun, most people seem to be having fun that are streaming. Angry Joe's review is out soon, can't wait to see what he has to say considering his praise for GW2. Honestly GW2 is the best MMO to come out in recent years but it fell victum to the lack of end game content despite getting "free" DLC every 2 weeks. That and the PVP was basically a zerg fest outside of the 1v1 duels which seem decent.

Speaking of which, pretty big GW2 patch coming out today that's going to change the entire game. So I'm going to get back into it later this week.

As for this game going F2P? I was predicting six months before myself, but at the earliest I'm going to say probably next summer. It really depends on how many people still subscribe by the end of the year. Doesn't mean they will budge though. Games like Ultima Online still charge monthly, and look how old that game is!

#14 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

This isn't WoW. Just like every recent MMO, it's going to be F2P soon. The general consensus is that it's a good Elder Scrolls game with same, bland MMO taste to it. The beta was entertaining, but didn't meet expectations. This game does NOT compare to Skyrim/Morrowind (depth of story, quality of quests, freedom of exploration, etc).

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#15 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

The game is horrible period. Every time a new MMO comes out everyone is always afraid to call it how they see it. There have been better MMO's like SWTOR and Tera that went free to play, to think this won't go free to play, you're just kidding yourselves. the only thing this game has going for it is all the wannabe Elder Scrolls fans who think that they're true fans of the series because they played Skyrim. they will probably continue to pay like idiots and keep this game going for a few months longer.

#16 aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

The game is horrible period. Every time a new MMO comes out everyone is always afraid to call it how they see it. There have been better MMO's like SWTOR and Tera that went free to play, to think this won't go free to play, you're just kidding yourselves. the only thing this game has going for it is all the wannabe Elder Scrolls fans who think that they're true fans of the series because they played Skyrim. they will probably continue to pay like idiots and keep this game going for a few months longer.

I love when people have no idea what they are talking about.

Yup, I agree with the second statement here.

Have you played ESO yet?  To say it's horrible is so far from the truth.  It has more depth than any of the MMOs you've listed.  The quest lines alone blow other MMOs out of the water, not to mention the robust crafting system and combat mechanic that's more than just stand-and-deliver.

Currently Playing: :xb1: Thief | :ps4: Knack | :360: Lightning Returns | :ps3: The Last of Us |  :3ds: Bravely Default | :pc: Elder Scrolls Online

Recently Beat: :xb1: Ryse | :ps4: InFamous: Second Son | :360: Charlie Murder

#17 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Of course I played it. Tera and swtor have this game beat and they're free.

#18 thao0209

thao0209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

You know what else is a terrible model? Charging $60 for the game, then charging $15 per month AND also having a cash shop in the game. I REALLY hope that model dies.

Go play wow and let see if this statement holds true.

#19 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

Reviews seem really mixed. I watched a few twitch streams and it looks like fun, most people seem to be having fun that are streaming. Angry Joe's review is out soon, can't wait to see what he has to say considering his praise for GW2. Honestly GW2 is the best MMO to come out in recent years but it fell victum to the lack of end game content despite getting "free" DLC every 2 weeks. That and the PVP was basically a zerg fest outside of the 1v1 duels which seem decent.

Speaking of which, pretty big GW2 patch coming out today that's going to change the entire game. So I'm going to get back into it later this week.

As for this game going F2P? I was predicting six months before myself, but at the earliest I'm going to say probably next summer. It really depends on how many people still subscribe by the end of the year. Doesn't mean they will budge though. Games like Ultima Online still charge monthly, and look how old that game is!

That was my grief with GW2. I loved the game, but my game time gets pretty finite. When all of these timed events began coming out and I kept missing them cause of RL, I find that the one issue I had is I will never get to experience these special events to an entirety...and the PvP, too. =/ It makes me leery of MMOs now since now I need to pay close attention to them.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#20 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

Go play wow and let see if this statement holds true.

it took Wow like 6 years before they added a cash shop.

And by then it was already the most successful MMO in the history of the genre, by a long long long margin too.

Then from what I can remember the cash shop was incredibly minimal slowly starting off with minor vanity pets, and then mounts.

I have no idea what the ESO cash shop has to offer, but I think the idea of an mmo launching with a purchase price, monthly fee AND cash shop is absoultley terrible.

I prefer MMOs that have a monthly fee, simply because I consider that monthly fee the reason that I get to avoid microtransactions and pay to win.

Games like Guild Wars 2 I expect the cash shop, to help fill in the void of no monthly fees.

#21 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

Was disappointed with this game, and I really wanted to love it. Big fan of the series, so I ended up pre ordering two Imperial Editions from Best Buy, for the statues and books, but now want to get rid of them.
Way to restrictive for an Elder Scrolls game, too high a penalty for dying, difficult combat if you're alone, terrible loot, and a ton of annoying people running around.

If anyone really wants this game, they should buy my extra copy with all the Imperial Edition and Explorer's DLC, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it until its FTP.

#22 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

Was disappointed with this game, and I really wanted to love it. Big fan of the series, so I ended up pre ordering two Imperial Editions from Best Buy, for the statues and books, but now want to get rid of them.
Way to restrictive for an Elder Scrolls game, too high a penalty for dying, difficult combat if you're alone, terrible loot, and a ton of annoying people running around.

If anyone really wants this game, they should buy my extra copy with all the Imperial Edition and Explorer's DLC, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it until its FTP.

are you selling the physical items?

#23 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

Just listed them on eBay this evening.

#24 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

Just listed them on eBay this evening.

ah you suck

#25 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

I have the same feeling, but that kinda makes me want to buy it sooner instead of later, heh.  Things get boring when games go freemium.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#26 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

just a warning. this game is seriously messed up. Theres been a major bug going on the past several days where peoples banks were disappearing o_O most people then got it back but lost all upgrade slots, gold banked, and some  lost skill points. Problem is when the upgrade slots were gone you lost the items that were in them too. So say you spent the thousands and thousands of gold to go from the default 60 or so slots up to 80 or more. All those slots are gone and the items in them as well.

Customer service has been abysmal about this. I opened 2 tickets and put in a request for a call after i couldn't even log in,  that they claimed would be sent in 1 hour... never got a call. Theres a huge thread with lots of pissed off people on their forums and there has been virtually no response from admins. Not even if we should keep playing the characters, refrain from logging in, or what.

bottom line, this games kinda a mess right now with serious game breaking bugs and TERRIBLE customer service. I dont see the point in paying for service this terrible

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#27 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

just a warning. this game is seriously messed up. Theres been a major bug going on the past several days where peoples banks were disappearing o_O most people then got it back but lost all upgrade slots, gold banked, and some lost skill points. Problem is when the upgrade slots were gone you lost the items that were in them too. So say you spent the thousands and thousands of gold to go from the default 60 or so slots up to 80 or more. All those slots are gone and the items in them as well.

Customer service has been abysmal about this. I opened 2 tickets and put in a request for a call after i couldn't even log in, that they claimed would be sent in 1 hour... never got a call. Theres a huge thread with lots of pissed off people on their forums and there has been virtually no response from admins. Not even if we should keep playing the characters, refrain from logging in, or what.

bottom line, this games kinda a mess right now with serious game breaking bugs and TERRIBLE customer service. I dont see the point in paying for service this terrible

Hahahahahahahaha who can defend this Schmitt

#28 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

[quote name="Kenshindono" post="11693113" timestamp="1397628583"]
just a warning. this game is seriously messed up. Theres been a major bug going on the past several days where peoples banks were disappearing o_O most people then got it back

#29 aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hahahahahahahaha who can defend this Schmitt

Hahahahahahaha what you fail to realize is that every MMO that comes out has flaws like this at the beginning.  Vanilla WoW had issues for 2-3 months post-launch.  Of course the bank bug sucks, but Zenimax has already said they will reimburse any affected once the issue is fixed.  Every other bug in the game can be fixed with a small work-around.  Nothing currently is "game-breaking".

Oh, and the "cash shop" is one item, a horse mount.

Currently Playing: :xb1: Thief | :ps4: Knack | :360: Lightning Returns | :ps3: The Last of Us |  :3ds: Bravely Default | :pc: Elder Scrolls Online

Recently Beat: :xb1: Ryse | :ps4: InFamous: Second Son | :360: Charlie Murder

#30 KrAzY3

KrAzY3

The 3 is silent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

I love the Elder Scrolls games, but I can't imagine wanting to play one that's online.

For starters, they are kind of notorious for making games full of bugs, and not exactly being well balanced. The trade-off was you got this huge world with tons of things to do. I'm not seeing how that sort of approach can translate well to an online world.

Secondly, I find any model that seeks to gain money from you via three methods deplorable. I understand why companies want to do it, but the whole pay for the game, pay to play, it, and then pay for micro-transactions thing is just disgusting.