Where our tax dollars go, 2013

egofed

CAGiversary!
http://blog.heritage.org/2014/04/15/taxes-2013-2014-where-did-your-tax-money-go/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

What do we want from our gov't? How would you divvy up the wealth?

where-did-your-tax-dollar-go-560.jpg

"

… But the worst is yet to come: The Congressional Budget Office projects that public debt will reach an economy-crushing 100 percent in less than one generation. Unlike the unpredicted drop in U.S. fiscal health brought about by the recent recession, this time, structural problems are driving the decline."

"Don’t forget the debt. Your 2013 tax dollars covered only 80 cents of every dollar spent by the federal government. The other 20 cents were borrowed from younger generations."

Social Security is its own thing, with its own revenue. Much like Medicare it's mostly people getting back money they put in.

no.  the ratio of workers to those receiving social security has dropped around 90% since the programs inception so I doubt there will be anything left when I "retire".

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the heritage rainbow dollar?  legit question, I've been out of the news loop lately.

edit:  facepalm lol.  referring to the OP's picture.

no. the ratio of workers to those receiving social security has dropped around 90% since the programs inception so I doubt there will be anything left when I "retire".
Which is absolute bullshit since we should be entitled to the money we paid into or rather what we were "charged". It angers me but it's one of those things like taxes in general that you cannot control what happens to so you might as well consider SS another tax on your paystub.

Social Security operates much like Obamacare in the sense that its lifeblood is younger, healthy working people paying more than they should have to, for something they'll never see a return on, for the sake of those who need it. Basically forced charity.

You will not find a single health care system where older people are not receiving a disproportionate amount of health care.

You will not find a single health care system where older people are not receiving a disproportionate amount of health care.
Well, of course. That's not the problem though. The problem is being mandated to buy into the healthcare system or get fined, and of course the possibility that the health care system won't be there when you or I are at the age to need that level of health care. It's mandated to force the younger people to sign up and support those who will be using most of the medical bills, much like Social Security, but at least with Social Security, you are supposed to see a return on your forced investment (and if we did, it's a good thing), but with this.. well, you're not getting your money's worth until you're either injured or up there in age.. If prices/coverage on Obamacare were better for people who need the bare minimum, this wouldn't be such an issue.

But this happened simply because Obamacare got twisted by the insurance lobby, such as them going back on the promise of "if you like your plan, you can keep it". This was supposed to hurt private insurance by combating some of their shittier tactics, and yet insurance stocks went up during the roll-out? It's obvious something went wrong here.

You don't need to use so many words with msut.  Your response will be a two liner full of snark and enough substance that you may confuse it with a marshmellow. 

I plan on being old and consuming some big fat healthcare dollars one day. Circle of life. Also insurance isn't an investment plan a young healthy person can get a debilitating illness or get in a car accident. It is just less likely than an elderly person getting a chronic impairment.

bread's done
Back