BestBuy God of War ascension $4.99 with gamers unlocked coupon/@Gamer coupon

YBX87

Banned
God of War: Ascension $24.99 sale ( $4.99 gcu coupon)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 FULL BURST ps3 $29.99

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 FULL BURST  xbox 360  $29.99

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $14.99 xbox 360

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ps3 $14.99

Borderlands 2 ps3 $9.99

delete if repost.

THIS IS ONLY A ONE DAY SALE, SO AFTER TOMORROW/ 4/18/2014. PRICE GO BYE BYE/GONE

UNLESS YOU HAVE GAMERS UNLOCKED GAMERS DIGITAL COUPONS, YOU WILL NOT GET GOD OF WAR ASCENSION FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 PLATFORM FOR $4.99.  IT IS $24.99 FOR THE COMMON FOLKS. ONLY THOSE WHO ARE GRANDFATHERED IN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE PROGRAM, WHEN IT FIRST STARTED, WILL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF RECEIVING THE DIGITAL COUPONS STILL.

DisclaimerBefore you einsteins flame me for comments like, bait and switch with the $4.99 sign/NOT A DEAL, ETC...  I am just informing those who are still receiving the gamers unlocked magazine coupons of this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP you may want to change the title to @Gamer coupon instead of GCU.

Many of us who have GCU don't recieve @Gamer coupons anymore.

I thought the new MSRP for ascension was $19.99? Could have sworn I saw it at that price at more then one retailer earlier this week.

I thought the new MSRP for ascension was $19.99? Could have sworn I saw it at that price at more then one retailer earlier this week.
It $20 this week at target and gamestop which amazon price matched otherwise it regular $40 at both best buy and frys and at Walmart it $50

I had been waiting forever for God of War Ascension to hit $10 new, so I ended up buying a used Gamefly copy for $10. Picked up a new one for $5 and will unload the used one on Craigslist.

Thanks, OP! I can't pass up $5 + tax! :D/

Now I just have to play the rest of the GoW games in the Saga collection (only beaten the first). :bomb:

I guess I could just pick up the game and trade the disc into gamestop. Only have the steelbook from the CE and it'd be nice to have the original case for completeness.

So I've never played any of the God of War games, but I do have the PS3 collection of 1 and 2, and I just ordered Ascension, since $5 is a pretty solid deal. With Ascension being a prequel, would there be any merit to playing that first, or should I still start with 1 and 2?

So I've never played any of the God of War games, but I do have the PS3 collection of 1 and 2, and I just ordered Ascension, since $5 is a pretty solid deal. With Ascension being a prequel, would there be any merit to playing that first, or should I still start with 1 and 2?
No, play them in order of release personally. Aside from Ascension and the PSP games (which are short and can be stuck in their appropriate places) they're in order anyway. The games progressed so much graphically and mechanically from the first to Ascension that I personally would have found it hard to then jump to the first game which is still good but dated.

Yeah, went away as I was seeing what else they had :(

I only noticed there was other stuff because it was recommended on the page when I added it to the cart. Went ahead and checked out first knowing it would go quick though. Gotta love Elite.

I'm excited to get the guides themselves but I'm far more excited to see how BBY actually ships 30 guides to me. It's either going to be in a box the size of an 84 Honda Civic or each one will be jammed into a standard sized letter envelope.

What in the world? Is Best Buy going out of business? Why are strategy guides so inexpensive?
Places will penny guides out from time to time just so they can say they sold the inventory for something instead of having it be a total write off when destroying it.

I'm excited to get the guides themselves but I'm far more excited to see how BBY actually ships 30 guides to me. It's either going to be in a box the size of an 84 Honda Civic or each one will be jammed into a standard sized letter envelope.

Places will penny guides out from time to time just so they can say they sold the inventory for something instead of having it be a total write off when destroying it.
I see. I have never seen an item be sold for a penny before. Good for tax purposes, I suppose.

Cheap Strategy Guide = Best Buy going out of business

I needed a laugh.
I was not implying that Best Buy should or might go out of business. I have just never seen anything sell for a penny before.

I was not implying that Best Buy should or might go out of business. I have just never seen anything sell for a penny before.
There's a whole thread here dedicated to it but it's mostly focused around GS. First time I've ever (potentially) gotten in on any since it's one of those being lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time sort of things.

itshappening.gif

I am just kidding dude haha,

It sometimes does happen with guides alot.

There is a thread somewhere on this website that updates the penny guides.

GOW:A is $14.99 TPC currently @ my local Target until Saturday. The regular price is $19.99 now. You can also add the 10% off cartwheel making it cheaper if you wanted to. Not bad for those who don't have Unlocked/Gamer Coupon.

There is more stuff that is a penny? And there is a thread about it? Does anybody have a link?

I will give $5.00 in Microsoft points to someone that can trade me for their GOW: Ascension Best Buy coupon. PM me ASAP!...Thanks guys!!!

God of War Ascension was not very good. I got it for $9.99 on a deal of the day months ago. Back in 2013. I'm surprised it is $24.99 before the GCU. That's insane this late in the game for a mediocre title. For $4.99, though? Worth it.

bread's done
Back