Target Ad 4/27-5/3

Twitter

Banned
i was trying to open the box that had next week's ad but the manager was getting through my barricade so i had to run sorry guys

2 free 8 ct rice krispies treats when you buy amazing spiderman 2 (it just mentions ps3, 360 & ps4)

PS3 SLIM + LEGO HOBBIT + 1 CONTROLLER = $269.99

OUYA 8 GB SYSTEM $69.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this, my wallet might survive this coming week.  Time to double your efforts try a different type of barricade.  I recommend iPads.

One of these days hes going to catch you

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo[/youtube]

Believe it or not, that's a great deal on Ouya. I like mine a lot, and for a hackable Android system, that's a perfect price. I paid that much right after Christmas for one.

How would they do a return if you return the game or rice krispie treats

I'm still amazed people are willing to pay sixty bucks for movie tie-in games.
Kids, my girlfriends son will beg for any character related stuff over & over. Plus they run commercials for it right when/where kids watch to keep them asking everytime a ad runs. Not to mention there will be a promo during the movies.

I don't even understand how the cloud can help because the devs can't depend on you being online... They'd have to design it so it can use the cloud and also operate without it or with poor connection to it.

Anyway, I am not on Xbox One yet so I guess I have time to hear about it.

I don't even understand how the cloud can help because the devs can't depend on you being online... They'd have to design it so it can use the cloud and also operate without it or with poor connection to it.

Anyway, I am not on Xbox One yet so I guess I have time to hear about it.
The cloud is a joke and so is xbox done. Thats all the info anyone needs.

I'm sure you are speaking from the wise perspective of a seasoned software or network engineer and not the perspective of a foolish fanboy.
It's just that it seems like it would be the same problem they had on 360 with hard drives. Devs said it was awful dealing with the fractured base between users whose consoles did come with hard drives and users who did not get them. It seems like the cloud could cause very similar, but potentially worse implementation issues.

I just don't see how it's actually useful. The devs have to make the game work without the cloud and then somehow implement extras that activate when connected to the cloud for the game as a whole to work. Or else they are getting into the very tricky territory of requiring the game to always be connected at a certain mb/s. Similar to how they eventually gave up on 360 and allowed devs to require hard drives after Microsoft couldn't get Halo 4 to work without one.

It's just that it seems like it would be the same problem they had on 360 with hard drives. Devs said it was awful dealing with the fractured base between users whose consoles did come with hard drives and users who did not get them. It seems like the cloud could cause very similar, but potentially worse implementation issues.

I just don't see how it's actually useful. The devs have to make the game work without the cloud and then somehow implement extras that activate when connected to the cloud for the game as a whole to work. Or else they are getting into the very tricky territory of requiring the game to always be connected at a certain mb/s. Similar to how they eventually gave up on 360 and allowed devs to require hard drives after Microsoft couldn't get Halo 4 to work without one.
The hard drive on the 360 isn't a perfect comparison. Yes - Some units were shipped without hard drives.

If devs are working with Azure, then they are building things for users that are going to be online. Cloud features can be focused on the parts of the game that will always be connected (online multiplayer in Halo for instance).

If you are curious, there are a number of articles from people working on the tech floating around online. There is also a growing amount of documentation from MS and developers. Microsoft has invested millions in their new data centers. I've worked with Azure for business/gaming solutions for the last year and a half. It's a solid platform already and it's only going to get better.

The hard drive on the 360 isn't a perfect comparison. Yes - Some units were shipped without hard drives.

If devs are working with Azure, then they are building things for users that are going to be online. Cloud features can be focused on the parts of the game that will always be connected (online multiplayer in Halo for instance).

If you are curious, there are a number of articles from people working on the tech floating around online. There is also a growing amount of documentation from MS and developers. Microsoft has invested millions in their new data centers. I've worked with Azure for business/gaming solutions for the last year and a half. It's a solid platform already and it's only going to get better.
That's great for online modes, so maybe Titanfall 2 will match or beat the PS4 version's quality, and maybe even run with the high end PCs if it works as planned. But the problem is, most major releases have essential offline modes that players access and campaign through.

I have no doubt that Microsoft is doing more with their online properties than most other companies, but I just don't see how the cloud will actually be relevant to most titles yet. Or any single title yet, even.

Forza five was first main game to use the cloud and it's cool how it works. You race friends/ non friends ai and my friends ai do drive like they do when we play online. You can bash 360 all you want but it ran most 3rd party games better then ps3.

I can tell you have no clue what the cloud really is you think it's system power when it's much more then that.

Forza five was first main game to use the cloud and it's cool how it works. You race friends/ non friends ai and my friends ai do drive like they do when we play online. You can bash 360 all you want but it ran most 3rd party games better then ps3.

I can tell you have no clue what the cloud really is you think it's system power when it's much more then that.
EDIT: Sorry, posted from Full Editor before seeing the one above me

Nope. I know how Forza 5 used it, but Microsoft is touting it as power that the Xbox One has access to. Many perceive this to be damage control over the multiple instances of titles running at higher performance on PS4 in their current gen releases. They are essentially trying to suggest that they made Xbox One less powerful than expected in hardware because they can make up for it in the cloud. This unproven suggestion isn't sitting well with a lot of people.

Forza 5 was a bot based on saved data that was saved 'to the cloud' if you want to go into the uses of the term outside the power issue.

As an Ouya owner, I will once again say that the sale price for Ouya is well worth it. I know emu talk is rather frowned upon, and I don't want to get banned, so I'll just say I've spent more hours replaying old games on mine over the past month than I have on my 360 or my PS3. I think it's caught a really bad rep since people can do many of the same things on their other Android devices, but it's a really neat system. There are also several indie games that are pretty cool like Knightmare Tower that I would also recommend. All of those are at least partially free, but a lot of the indie games are completely free. Some of them are downright terrible, but if it's free and you don't like it, just delete it.

Every system should be able to stand on its own merits. Most Ouya detractors try to compare the system to Xbox One or PS4 when they should look at it for what it is - a nice little device that you can tinker around with for a cheap price. And, no, I'm not on the Ouya payroll and I wasn't a Kickstarter supporter, either.

Ouya $10 cards are $8 for the week as well
I would recommend that ccjmli and tfoltz pick up at least one of those as well. First time Ouya users will be required to enter either a credit card number or a gift card code when they first log into the Ouya store. I didn't want to give them my card info, so I recommend buying a gift card which you'll need anyway since most emus aren't free on the Ouya store.

-EDIT: Appears Amazon changed the price back for some reason.

-OLD: Amazon matched Target's price on the Ouya for those who rather buy from there.

I picked up the last one at my local Target. Still deciding whether to open it or see if a new Ouya comes out this year. I'm not very patient, so I'll probably set it up tomorrow.

I would go ahead and open it. 8 gb of inboard memory is plenty, although it is rumored that another Ouya with more memory might be on the way. I will recommend that you install Dropbox though as one of your apps. It's a good file reader.

I would go ahead and open it. 8 gb of inboard memory is plenty, although it is rumored that another Ouya with more memory might be on the way. I will recommend that you install Dropbox though as one of your apps. It's a good file reader.
There is already an Ouya available with 16GB of memory. I know they sold it in a white color around Christmas and it sold out.

There is already an Ouya available with 16GB of memory. I know they sold it in a white color around Christmas and it sold out.
Yeah, I saw that online and the color and controller reminded me of the Dreamcast. If I hadn't already owned one, I probably would have bought that one. Of course, it would take quite a while to fill up 16 gb worth of games on an Ouya. Most of the indie games are pretty small files from what I've noticed.

The retail version is still pretty cool looking to me. Basically, it's a 3 inch wide cube that's capable of performing some astounding tasks. I showed the system to one of my co-workers and he's thinking about buying one since it takes up such little space and will allow him to play a good deal of casual and retro-style games.

bread's done
Back