Gamestop Online Buy 3 Get 2 Free games under $20

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Gamestop is running there Buy 2 Get 1 promo for preowned games under $20, but the system is ringing up two free when you purchase another three. CAG16 Promo will not stack however.

I purchased:

Vancouver 2010 (I love all the olympic games lol)

NBA Live 2010 (Have you forgotten....)
Viva Pinata (for the girlfriend and me lol)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (for the girlfriend)

Samurai Warriors 2: Empires (guilty pleasure)

Totaled out at $28.32 after taxes. Less than $6 a game isn't too shabby, although their online stock was disappointing. I might snag five of their 99 cent titles if I can find a store close to me that has them in stock lol, if only I never moved ugh.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#2 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

too much

#3 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

This is only online? That's pretty useless, their website never has anything in stock. And if they do, it always seems to come disk only :roll:

#4 markbrochilll

markbrochilll

The Master Sword

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

Too bad GS prices their preowned games like New and then throw out the original cases.

#5 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Too bad GS prices their preowned games like New and then throw out the original cases.

Yeah, I'm not a Gamestop guy myself lol. I used my brothers PUR number to get a better discount lol.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#6 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I picked up all the Guitar Hero and DJ Hero stuff I was missing lol.

GH3

GH: Aerosmith

GH: World Tour

DJ Hero 1

and Tom Clancy's Endwar

Came up to $10 which I can live with. I haven't seen a copy of DJ Hero in a year. The market around here is flooded with the 2nd one though, but I got that and GH5 back in that infamous Toys R Us deal a couple years back lol

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#7 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Do these come with cases?

#8 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

YMMV on that. I've only ordered games from them once before and in that case the DS games did not have cases, but the 360 and PS3 games came in their original cases. That was a year or two ago.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#9 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

As far as console games go it's hit or miss whether it will be an original case (in my experience it's original more often than not) but yes they will be in a case.

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

GS's used prices suck now. Before they were bad but you could always find a few gems here and there, but now, their prices are higher than eBay in most cases. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#11 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I've ordered about 6 used games through their website, and like 5 of them have been in horrible condition or non-functional. One even had an odd brown substance on it. Strangely enough, this includes 3 cart-based games.

How about, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all?

Referrals:

Help a low budget gamer keep his Gamefly account, and get a free month in the process!

#12 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Yea I honestly wouldn't order online if you are OCD about completeness especially with ds games cause majority of the time when I go in to various GameStop for a specific game it says is in stock I can't find it on the shelf. So I ask someone if they have it they go yes then proceed to get it I then ask is it complete with case and inserts and the dreaded reply "no it the cartridge only" and out the door I go

#13 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Yea I honestly wouldn't order online if you are OCD about completeness especially with ds games cause majority of the time when I go in to various GameStop for a specific game it says is in stock I can't find it on the shelf. So I ask someone if they have it they go yes then proceed to get it I then ask is it complete with case and inserts and the dreaded reply "no it the cartridge only" and out the door I go

Well yeah... they toss all the ds cases to save space, instead they just put them in the little sleeves.

#14 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

This is the kind of deal Gamestop needs to do more often to make room for newer games.  Although I can see Buy 3 Get 2 Free on all games under $10-$15.

#15 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Well yeah... they toss all the ds cases to save space, instead they just put them in the little sleeves.

The worst part is that some stores are doing this with PS3 games now. ($5 and under usually)

#16 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Gamestop sucks ass. Only go in there when i need something that can be flipped. Use to be able to stack some promos and get some decent deals. Now they just wait for the suckers to come in and buy a used Brink

#17 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

Tough finding 5 games under $20 that I want or don't already have

#18 dammitdanny

dammitdanny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

Online seems to let me add an over 20 dollar game as a buffer for the free ones. Added 4 copies of okamiden (19.99) and one shin megani (27.99) and it took off 39.99. Im still stuggling to find 5 different games to get tho

#19 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

GS's used prices suck now. Before they were bad but you could always find a few gems here and there, but now, their prices are higher than eBay in most cases. 

Yeah I haven't bought games from GS since the death of the Gamecube, started looking for cheap DS games and the prices are insanely high.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#20 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Man, are they wasteful. Funcoland did the same thing back in the day, they really couldn't care less about the hobby or how having supplemental material makes the used game more appealing to a buyer. Thank goodness for dumpster divers giving them a second chance.

I guess I couldn't expect much from the company that hogged the retail rights to a game, inflated the used price to $90, then exclusively reprint it a year later and call it a retro game. I love the folks that work at the stores, but boy are their leaders awful.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

#21 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

Gamestop sucks ass. Only go in there when i need something that can be flipped. Use to be able to stack some promos and get some decent deals. Now they just wait for the suckers to come in and buy a used Brink

Before long, they might run out of copies of Brink. There's a growing list of last-gen games that they're no longer accept in trade.
Posted Image

#22 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

Before long, they might run out of copies of Brink. There's a growing list of last-gen games that they're no longer accept in trade.

I think that'd be a good thing. At least under better management. GS takes in far too many games they know barely ever sell.

#23 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

I think that'd be a good thing. At least under better management. GS takes in far too many games they know barely ever sell.

They've been getting smarter lately. Many of the Blast From the Past bundles available online are cheaper than buying the system separately and usually come with older CoD's, Madden, and Brink.
Posted Image

#24 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Do they not accept them or do certain stores just reject them?

#25 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

Do they not accept them or do certain stores just reject them?

Some games apparently get a message that pops up when the employee tries scanning a game. Also there are games that ring up with a $0.02 TIV that sometimes get rejected too.
Posted Image

#26 Cyril Amethyst

Cyril Amethyst

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

I can't seem to get the base deal to register online, let alone the buy 3 get 2 free. Is it over?

#27 shiNjixfEi

shiNjixfEi

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

I bought 999 and 4 ace attorney games (Buy 3 Get 2 glitch) and I can't believe my eyes; they're all CIB and in like-new conditions. Unbelievably happy.

Currently playing:                                        

:ps3: Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots

:3ds: The World Ends With You 

:pc: None.

:ps2: SMT: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 

#28 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Is this deal still valid?

#29 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!