Disney Magical World is $19.99 + shipping at Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

This game came out last Friday and already on sale. Maybe good to price match elsewhere since shipping is like $8

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#2 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Bomba? 

#3 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Time to pricematch at bestbuy

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Too bad they took the B1G1 40% off thing away from it and it likely won't reflect that price in store.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#5 cbellevie

cbellevie

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Time to pricematch at bestbuy

If anyone is able to price match at Best Buy would love to know and really appreciate seeing it posted. My kid wants this game very badly, but I *really* don't want to drive over to Best Buy unless this is going to match.

#6 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

If anyone is able to price match at Best Buy would love to know and really appreciate seeing it posted. My kid wants this game very badly, but I *really* don't want to drive over to Best Buy unless this is going to match.

As long as it's in stock on the website there's no reason they shouldn't. Target should PM it as well if that's closer for you.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#7 cbellevie

cbellevie

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

As long as it's in stock on the website there's no reason they shouldn't. Target should PM it as well if that's closer for you.

Thanks... it hit me a couple seconds after I posted that they should pm if available on the website and should not need to see available in local stores (which is what made me post). Tired and not thinking today.

#8 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

I was initially a bit bummed about this as I bought it for my girlfriend on launch day, but then I realized I used $20 in reward certificates on top of my GCU discount so it was essentially $4.

oIi9lub.png

#9 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Good price I got it the same price on release day to

#10 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Anyone sending it to Amazon too?

#11 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Anyone sending it to Amazon too?

Just sent as well. I was just at TRU 30 minutes ago looking for some of the clearance items, and I had no idea this was on sale. I'm not sure if they would have had it anyway, but it would have been good to check while I was there. Oh well, hopefully Amazon will price match today.

#12 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

So is the game bad?

#13 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

So is the game bad?

no it actually a really fun game if you thinking it bad just cause of a sale already then also keep in mind it is easter weekend so stores usually always have holiday sales. toys r us is running a easter sale right now and best buy is also going to have a special one day sale to which no one knows what it is yet either.

#14 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

I was initially a bit bummed about this as I bought it for my girlfriend on launch day, but then I realized I used $20 in reward certificates on top of my GCU discount so it was essentially $4.

You should still be bummed because you wasted $10 of that reward certificate you could have spent on something else.

So should this be same price in store?

#15 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Not to mention it only came out a week ago so go get BBY to adjust it.

#16 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Bought at BBY last Friday using GCU. Would they do a price adjustment you think?

obamahmmw.png

PSN ID: Xplicit84

Xbox Live: Explicit84

NNID: Explicit

3DS Friend Codes: 4484-9799-5674 - ACNL Boxden

1693-1437-8788 - ACNL Yolovile

1719-3521-7445 - All other 3DS games

#17 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

best buy won't do a post purchase adjustment unless it best buy itself with it on sale they stopped doing post purchase matching of competitor prices when they ended the silver program
From the policy page: We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.
Keyword being "we" meaning best buy have to lower it

#18 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

What's the premise of this game? I could find out on my own but I'm lazy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#19 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

What's the premise of this game? I could find out on my own but I'm lazy.

comparable to animal crossing but with disney characters and locations instead pretty much

#20 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

comparable to animal crossing but with disney characters and locations instead pretty much

Ew, okay, thanks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#21 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

What's Amazon waiting for! :(. As soon as I order it from TRU, Amazon will lower it...

#22 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Got a price match at Target for my daughter. Thanks, OP.

#23 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

As soon as Amazon matches I'll probably grab 2. one for me and one for my son's 3ds.

#24 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

want it but i heard it was not that good. and would rather save my cash for mario golf 

WOOOO I STINK

#25 cbellevie

cbellevie

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Thanks OP! I got a price match at Best Buy and my son was a happy camper. Almost regret not picking up a copy for myself.

What's Amazon waiting for! :(. As soon as I order it from TRU, Amazon will lower it...

Out of curiosity, is the thinking behind waiting on Amazon for Prime free/fast shipping? I see this a lot and just wondering what makes people go for Amazon over a place that might have a loyalty program (including Toys R Us and Best Buy). I see people holding out for Amazon often, this seems the only advantage. I know I would go with Amazon in a heartbeat over Toys R Us if they both had at same time when I bought, despite the taking part in the Toys R Us loyalty program, but no idea if this is generally why people actually wait on Amazon to price match.

#26 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Thanks OP! I got a price match at Best Buy and my son was a happy camper. Almost regret not picking up a copy for myself.

Out of curiosity, is the thinking behind waiting on Amazon for Prime free/fast shipping? I see this a lot and just wondering what makes people go for Amazon over a place that might have a loyalty program (including Toys R Us and Best Buy). I see people holding out for Amazon often, this seems the only advantage. I know I would go with Amazon in a heartbeat over Toys R Us if they both had at same time when I bought, despite the taking part in the Toys R Us loyalty program, but no idea if this is generally why people actually wait on Amazon to price match.

Me personally, if it's a game I'm not in a real hurry to play, Amazon is perfect. I don't have to deal with some clerk at the store, who has NO idea how to do a price match. Otherwise, it shows up at my door like a mini-Christmas present :)

#27 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

Several reasons to do Amazon: many states still don't charge tax, and many people have credit there from trade-ins or [things like] the Radioshack promo.

#28 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

best buy won't do a post purchase adjustment unless it best buy itself with it on sale they stopped doing post purchase matching of competitor prices when they ended the silver program
From the policy page: We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.
Keyword being "we" meaning best buy have to lower it

Didn't realize that, quite stupid.  Well buy a new copy for $20 and return it with the original receipt.

Don't know if I actually want this or not but still stopped by BBY tonight and got a PM just in case since Amazon doesn't match it or it doesn't last until morning.  Worst case scenario I return it.

#29 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

You should still be bummed because you wasted $10 of that reward certificate you could have spent on something else.

So should this be same price in store?

I just went and it comes up $29.99 in store. I showed the website price of $19.99 and the cashier changed the price no issue. But then my second 3ds game (bat man) did not come up 40% off naturally. So the the manager did an override for that as well. out the door for $32. Thanks op!

#30 Agadama

Agadama

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Didn't realize that, quite stupid.  Well buy a new copy for $20 and return it with the original receipt.

Don't know if I actually want this or not but still stopped by BBY tonight and got a PM just in case since Amazon doesn't match it or it doesn't last until morning.  Worst case scenario I return it.

If you used reward certificates on the original purchase you won't be getting them back when you do a return with that receipt. Reward certificates effectively reduces the price of your purchase as if it was being sold at that price.