FS: After hour sale (started), $10 off all preorders. Hot for handhelds.

EvilMario

CAGiversary!
Sale is running from April 19, 8 PM EST to the 21st, 10 AM EST. $10 off all preorders, but looks like stock is going fast. This is a far better deal than the 15% off Best Buy had for handheld (or any sub-$70 game) games. I picked up Mario Golf for $25 and Tomodachi for $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your next best bet is to find something to trade for it at EBgames with their minimum $15 trade receive Mario Golf (or Kirby) free.
I was thinking that before. I'm not one for trading in games, but... maybe if Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has a $15 TIV I might.

Anyway, came away with Kirby, and Smash Bros on 3DS. Mario Kart, and Smash Bros on Wii U. Evolve, Destiny, The Order 1886, and The Evil Within on PS4.

I preordered Smash Bros for the 3DS, but is it really going to be $44.99 everywhere else? That seems way too high for a 3DS game.

I preordered Smash Bros for the 3DS, but is it really going to be $44.99 everywhere else? That seems way too high for a 3DS game.
Well, the far lesser hyped Yoshi's New Island is $44.99 MSRP, so yeah, we'll be seeing some titles at that price now thanks to the Canadian dollar's weaknesses. At least Golf is more reasonable and Kirby didn't break the $40 mark either.

With the price increase due to the CAD depreciating, the sale kinda cancels itself out. Gonna wait for better deals.

Best Buy had the exact same deal going on. Looks like they're struggling to sell pre-orders with the new price tags.

With the price increase due to the CAD depreciating, the sale kinda cancels itself out. Gonna wait for better deals.

Best Buy had the exact same deal going on. Looks like they're struggling to sell pre-orders with the new price tags.
This is actually a much better deal than the Best Buy 15% for everything except $70 titles. Really, $10 straight off 3DS / Vita games is a pretty great deal, even given the $5 price hike to most of those titles. This is definitely not as good as the E3 deals we've had in years past, but if you couldn't get a came like Tomodachi on the E3 deal, this is a good alternative.

Thanks to delays, I've still got Watch Dogs and Witcher 3 coming for PS4; pre-ordered for $40 apiece during the E3 sale last year; I think it was a Buy 2 Get One Free deal? Hopefully there's a repeat this year... a hypothetical $47 (B2G1 @ $70) would be kind of borderline for me; $50+ is way too rich for my blood. With my backlog, I'm happy to wait 4-6 months for a price drop.

Preaching to the choir, I'm sure, but the price hike is so arbitrary and bogus... The CND$ is hovering around 9-10% less than the USD. $10 on $60 is, like, 16 or 17%, dangerously close to double what they could justify by whining about the exchange rate.

Preaching to the choir, I'm sure, but the price hike is so arbitrary and bogus... The CND$ is hovering around 9-10% less than the USD. $10 on $60 is, like, 16 or 17%, dangerously close to double what they could justify by whining about the exchange rate.
Agreed. I hate these $10 off "sales." They'll get my money when it's a real sale.

I grabbed Demon Gaze for 30. Might regret it.
You would've gotten cancelled too, right? I got this email today:

April 21, 2014

Hello **** *******,

Thanks very much for ordering Demon Gaze (PlayStation Vita) - English. Normally our emails are all about pretty exciting things, but there’s really no sugar coating this one unfortunately.

For reasons we can’t control, we’re unable to fulfill any orders placed after April 8, 2014 so we’ll have to cancel this item from your order.

We know. It’s pretty brutal. We’re really sorry. Don't worry – your method of payment will not be charged for this order.

On a positive note we’d like to offer you this $20 e-certificate as our way of apologizing for the mix-up.
I think I'm lucky, I'm just going to wait for it to come in stock again and order it for $20 :) That's assuming I don't change my mind on even wanting it after reviews hit.

I got mine cancelled too, with the $20 e-certificate email as well...BUT THEN 3 hrs later..I got my shipping notification...o_O
The plot thickens...

On a less dubious, and more positive note, it looks like it's only Demon Gaze that's been cancelled for folks so far.

You would've gotten cancelled too, right? I got this email today:

I think I'm lucky, I'm just going to wait for it to come in stock again and order it for $20 :) That's assuming I don't change my mind on even wanting it after reviews hit.
It's getting good reviews. 77 Metacritic score right now.

I got a $20 e-certificate from BestBuy too, odd thing is I cancelled my pre-order on Monday and placed my preorder with FS.

bread's done
Back