YMMV: $12 in free time-limited SYW points from Kmart, can be used on games

LouieT

CAGiversary!
This is most likely a random giveaway.

Kmart put a bonus 12,000 points, worth $12, in my Shop Your Way account last week. The only catch is that they will expire this Tuesday. They can be used on video game purchases.

This is the second time Kmart gave me $12 in time-limited points in one month. The first time, the only limitation was that I couldn't use it on groceries or pharmacy purchases. In the past, they usually only give out $3 to $5 in time-limited points.

If you have a SYW account, you can check if you got bonus points by logging in to kmart.com. A pop-up should appear around your point total with the bonus points shown.

I seriously wonder if my account's been flagged because I haven't received a single bonus point since the pink 3ds debacle. I used to get them ALL the time. LOL. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously wonder if my account's been flagged because I haven't received a single bonus point since the pink 3ds debacle. I used to get them ALL the time. LOL. Oh well.
shouldn't be it lol I bought three of those 3ds and gotten three different points offer in the last week including $7 today

I get emails with these all the time. Had $10 a few weeks ago, went into Sears, and they had a Vita car charger for under $10 on clearance so I grabbed that.

I think I have another $10 now. I seem to get a new email from them ever ten days or so.

Trouble is, everything on their website is so ridiculously overpriced that I usually don't even bother with it.

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="11703010" timestamp="1398042484"]Sign in at shopyourway.com and check your account[/quote]Ok thanks. Too bad I never get these points :(

I get emails for $4-$5 almost weekly it seems but never more than that.  K-Mart is strange, their stores are generally old and outdated looking but they've done some innovative things with the SYWR program that are better than any other retailer (like these random times where they give you free money, the combinations of deals like for Mario Kart 8, emailing receipts instead of printing an insanely long receipt like most stores...).

I get emails for $4-$5 almost weekly it seems but never more than that. K-Mart is strange, their stores are generally old and outdated looking but they've done some innovative things with the SYWR program that are better than any other retailer (like these random times where they give you free money, the combinations of deals like for Mario Kart 8, emailing receipts instead of printing an insanely long receipt like most stores...).
There's no denying that there is tons of work needed on every K-Mart I've ever been too. They still need to work on their SYWR program too (expecting me to have my account number/pin memorized at the register is asinine, and I'm tired of points not being added when they should) but, when it works right, the program does show promise.

Assuming my MK8 points are actually applied I know I'll be very happy with that deal, not to mention the cool deal on 3DS games they had last week. They just need to get the system working and do something with their god-awful stores first.

Last edited:
I got a $4 last week. Most I've received is $10.
The amounts are very odd/random.

I used to get $5 all the time, then it seems like they started giving me $4 and one time I LOL'ed that they gave me $2. Seemed like they were getting cheap, and needless to say I went a long time without shopping at KMART.

After having not shopped there for awhile, suddenly I got a whole bunch of better ones emailed all in a short span. $10 (no strings), $7 (no strings)... and another one that was $20 off $40. I used all those, and now it's been a couple of months since I received anymore free points.

Seems like it is somewhat based on you recent shopping/points usage history. Use alot of points, they cut back your "freebies". Don't shop for awhile? They try to bribe you into buying some stuff.

There's no denying that there is tons of work needed on every K-Mart I've ever been too. They still need to work on their SYWR program too (expecting me to have my account number/pin memorized at the register is asinine, and I'm tired of points not being added when they should) but, when it works right, the program does show promise.

Assuming my MK8 points are actually applied I know I'll be very happy with that deal, not to mention the cool deal on 3DS games they had last week. They just need to get the system working and do something with their god-awful stores first.
Tons of work might be understatement of the year.

Almost looks like a thrift shop in the stores I've seen.

Their website is also messed up/glitchy. I got an email saying i had $7 points and that they expired in 7 days. But 3 days later they don't even show in my account! The only balance in my account is from the PS3 I just bought the other day.

I've always had constant issues buying blu-rays from them - which is clearly another glitch because it's been the same thing for months. Frustrating because that's what I want to use my bonus points on. After adding 2 or 3 all of a sudden I'm not able to add anything else at all to my cart (no matter what I choose I get "we're sorry, this item is presently out of stock"). But of course if I clear my cache and start over... I can add the movies that were just "out of stock". However, again, after adding 3 even if I try to re-add the same items that I previously had in my cart I get "we're sorry, this item is presently out of stock". This is hella frustrating when you are trying to spend $50 to use with a coupon, or points offer.

bread's done
Back