Hannibal Season 1 Blu-ray - $19.99 - Amazon

cbulas1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Hannibal-Season-Blu-ray-Hugh-Dancy/dp/B00CWIMY3O/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1398192223&sr=8-4

I haven't seen this go below $24.99 in months.

If you're a fan of good TV, you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch this show- it's one of the best currently on the air and my current favorite.  This first season is available to stream for free if you're Amazon Prime, but it's a beautifully shot show, so I imagine the Blu-ray adds a lot to it.

I streamed it on Amazon Prime myself, but I would've immediately jumped on this deal to re-watch it if I didn't already take advantage of this one today: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328439-the-spectacular-spider-man-complete-series-blu-ray-2999-amazon-pre-order/?hl=+spectacular%20+spider#8208man=

Last edited by a moderator:
The bluray is the unedited version - can't speak to Amazon Prime.

Fantastic show though and well worth supporting. It was $15 at Target a month or so ago.

Man- I missed that Target deal (I just discovered the show a couple of months ago so any deal for it wasn't on my radar), but I would now pick it up at that price without hesitation.

And... "unedited version?"  Do you just mean the set includes the unaired episode (Molly Shannon's gang of family-murdering kids) that was scheduled to air right after the Boston marathon bombing?  Because that full episode is available on Amazon streaming through Prime.  Also, I  can't imagine they cut any violence/gore out of the episodes I saw on Amazon!

Man- I missed that Target deal (I just discovered the show a couple of months ago so any deal for it wasn't on my radar), but I would now pick it up at that price without hesitation.

And... "unedited version?" Do you just mean the set includes the unaired episode (Molly Shannon's gang of family-murdering kids) that was scheduled to air right after the Boston marathon bombing? Because that full episode is available on Amazon streaming through Prime. Also, I can't imagine they cut any violence/gore out of the episodes I saw on Amazon!
Yes. The DVD has it too. Basically, they aired the plotty bits of that episode on Youtube and with the Season released, they added in the original, unedited cut for our private viewing pleasure.

Yes. The DVD has it too. Basically, they aired the plotty bits of that episode on Youtube and with the Season released, they added in the original, unedited cut for our private viewing pleasure.
K, that's what I figured thelonepig meant, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on ANYTHING related to this show! :) That was actually one of the most disturbing and graphic episodes they've done so far, and that's really saying something for this show!

There are some edits on gore as well. The camera dwells on some things longer, doesn't cut away as fast. Sometimes they add *more* blood in the network version to cover up things - like the scene with the "angels". In the broadcast version there is more blood to cover the bodies. On the physical release you can more clearly see the cuts (and butts, for that matter).

To clarify, on the disc I believe the episodes are referred to as producer's cut. I don't believe they add anything substantial in terms of length - no more than a few seconds at most - and nothing in terms of story. It would probably be more accurate to say the physical release is the international version as opposed to the US broadcast.

K, that's what I figured thelonepig meant, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on ANYTHING related to this show! :) That was actually one of the most disturbing and graphic episodes they've done so far, and that's really saying something for this show!
Season 2 is still going strong. It's definitely going to be a buy for me when it hits $20 or less.

Dang, sorry to hear I missed out on that Target sale.  This show is amazing, and I'm going to be really sad if it doesn't get renewed soon.

Sadly season 2 has not been getting many viewers even though the show keeps getting better. Last week had a nice increase though. Thanks for the deal, I might have to pick this up.

EDIT: Although it did beat Game of Thrones by a lot in finals of a bracket on Hulu

http://www.hulu.com/bestinshow/2014?round=4

NBC needs to see that and order season 3 ASAP

This has got to be the darkest show on television. I simply cannot believe it IS on network TV, it has the production values of a cable show. Absolutely fantastic!

This is one of the few super gory things that I will watch. How they present the dead bodies really does haunt me for quite a while, and it REALLY doesn't help that it's a 10PM show on a weekend. (At least it's not during a weekday phew.)

I can't believe people talk about the Following more than this, and that show is just plain stupid.

It's $20 at Best Buy as well.

You guys mean to tell me this show is actually good? I didn't figure it would be even decent since a show that has the word "Hannibal" in it doesn't sound like it would be done any sort of justice on local broadcast. It's on NBC too of all the locals. I guess I'll have to take a chance on it once it goes below 20 one day. Still baffles me how NBC got it, this sounds like something that would easily go cable so NBC must have opened up the coffers for this one.

It's a co-production with a French company and is run by Bryan Fuller who has quite a good television track record for shows with unique premises. It's pretty heavily serialized (starting about halfway into Season 1) so I wouldn't try and jump in at the current season.

Love everything about the NBC Hannibal show. It has really piqued my interest in rewatching some of the films. I am already a fan of Manhunter (1986), due to Michael Mann's involvement, and my wife loves Silence of the Lambs (1991). We have Hannibal (2001) on DVD, but I can't remember much of anything about Red Dragon (2002) except how much I didn't care for Edward Norton's Will Graham. 

Hannibal Rising (2007) was another unneeded example of backstory for backstory's sake.

bread's done
Back