Photo
* - - - - 6 votes

5$ coupon from bestbuy (ymmv) check your mail !

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

i just got a random ”we miss you” 5$ coupon from bestbuy so check your inbox just in case :D
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

I never get these :/.

1gb4.png

#3 Mjkjets

Mjkjets

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I got one as well. It's in-store only.

#4 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

i just got a random ”we miss you” 5$ coupon from bestbuy so check your inbox just in case :D

LOL. Given GCU combined with DOTD and random sales, no way in hell am I going to get a "we miss you" coupon from Best Buy.

Is there a "You again? Fu....." coupon?

#5 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

this is the first time i ever got one and it expires a day or two before mlb 14 (ps4) comes out so im happy !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#6 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

LOL. Given GCU combined with DOTD and random sales, no way in hell am I going to get a "we miss you" coupon from Best Buy.

Is there a "You again? Fu....." coupon?

the weird thing is i always shop there so i dont know how they can miss me lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#7 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Didn't get crap. I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked member, fyi.

#8 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

the weird thing is i always shop there so i dont know how they can miss me lol

Same here. I bought a few things from best buy the past couple weeks and received the coupon. It's the first time they've sent me this mysterious coupon, so keep hope alive 😉

#9 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

What is the point of these "Check your email" threads? As if no one ever checks their email.

I imagine 99.9% of these are from people who earned a rewards certificate and didn't pay attention. Besides these aren't actually deals because its purely by random chance that a small select set of people will get one, and if you didn't get one there is no way to take advantage of "The Deal" thus negating the purpose of posting it.

#10 jimbo8574

jimbo8574

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Sometimes Gmail puts some of my Best Buy emails in the spam folder.  A thread like this helped me in the past.  I am glad the OP posted this even though I didn't get one.

If a thread doesn't interest me I don't click on it.  Seems simple enough.  

jimbo8574.png jimbo8574.png

#11 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

What is the point of these "Check your email" threads? As if no one ever checks their email.

I imagine 99.9% of these are from people who earned a rewards certificate and didn't pay attention. Besides these aren't actually deals because its purely by random chance that a small select set of people will get one, and if you didn't get one there is no way to take advantage of "The Deal" thus negating the purpose of posting it.

Well, it might prompt people to check their spam/junk folder if the email got filtered away.  I check that randomly maybe four times a year.

FYI, I didn't have to check my spam folder to see mine. ;)

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#12 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Wonder if everyone will troll your thread as bad as they did mine last week. Once upon a time the CAG community appreciated these heads up....now it's all about flips.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#13 DHephaestus

DHephaestus

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

First time I received one of the fabled Best Buy email coupons. Not sure how they miss me either...

(I have Gamer Unlocked and I have shopped there at least once a week the past few months)

#14 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

if it was a rewards coupon from my points i wouldnt bother posting this. i always keep track of my points
Currently playing

690739.png

#15 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Wonder if everyone will troll your thread as bad as they did mine last week. Once upon a time the CAG community appreciated these heads up....now it's all about flips.

its not my fault that people take the net so serious so let them ”troll” away lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#16 Bruce LeeRoy

Bruce LeeRoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

The point is to check your junk/spam folder so you don't lose out on the coupons. Some people have multiple emails and spam folder that they may not check regularly.

These emails specifically stat they are "we miss you" coupons with a 2 week expiration, not multiple months like the standard certs. Some people in the past (not me personally) have called customer service, and politely asked if they would recieve this "deal" and have been successful.

If you have any further questions, please continue to Troll this thread I will try my best to educate you. Together we can conquer your ignorance.

#17 Lubu

Lubu

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

I got a $10 We miss you coupon, but from KMART.

#18 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I never get these :/.

Make sure all of your info in synced mybb, email address & phone #.

Also, even with the random coupons it`s not all that random at all, putting yourself "in the system" more frequently not just with purchases makes a difference too. A few CAG lurkers stated things changed after they did a BB phone & email/store survey,, seemed like once they responded a few weeks later they starter getting more attention.

#19 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Phew, haven't checked my email in over a month because nobody on CAG has reminded me to.  Thanks OP!  There were a lot of messages in there!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#20 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Didn't get one, but then again it's been a year and a half since buying anything at best buy.

#21 Radewagon

Radewagon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I think I'm just going to just fraudulently make up one of these threads some day. Then EVERYONE will know what it feels like to lose five dollars that they never had in the first place. 

FYI: I feel lousy, but very "meh" about the lousiness. 

#22 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Got this as well, 1st time I have ever received any if these the BB promos.

They miss me... I preordered Wolfenstein 2 days ago, clingy much? Lol

#23 MadClassic

MadClassic

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Best buy doin the most to get in with the gamers.  

#24 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'm in the same boat, this is the first time I've received a reward certificate out of the blue.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#25 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

I don't believe it.

I honestly don't believe this.

For the first time I've actually received one of these things over the past year and a half of seeing these damn topics. I actually got the cerificate. I'd crack open a beer if I didn't have to go to work now.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#26 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Never got these in the past, and surprise surprise,

1HWQIPa.gif

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#27 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I got an email from Best Buy this morning too!

Unfortunately all it was was them telling me how I get free expedited shipping. Thanks BB, as if I didn't know, I've only been Silver/ Elite Plus for the past few years. 

Still continuing my streak of never once having received these promo certificates. 

th_w03j81.gif  

#28 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Lol. I never get these from BBY but always get these from sears.

Small plug, If you guys haven't signed up for sears /kmart shop your way rewards these come in every month ranging from $3-$15. Last 2 of 3 have been $15 for me. About the only thing they hav done right lately

#29 schweaty

schweaty

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Got one.  It's in store only  [-(

#30 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

they dont actually miss anyone, it's just a data collection technique...they can afford to send out $5 certs to a random sample to see how many people use them, and on what....write that off to marketing or research or whatever.  

edited to add:

my point is that it would sound weird to say " you've been randomly selected to be included in a data mining event" so they tell you they missed you.  which only sounds a little less weird.  ;)