Calling all Fellow Creatives...

japatten

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Long story short, I have my own house next year for the first time-- I'm rooming with two of my buddies. They agreed to let me set up my studio and give me the largest room to use partially as a studio for my designs and what not. 

I've never set up my own studio before, so I have no idea what to get or where to shop for things to put in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is aimed at any of the artists/designers/film makers on the board. I'm looking to get some insight into what y'all creatives have in your studios.

I was looking at a green screen with lights but that's gonna run me a grand or so, which is a bit out of my reach at this point as a student. I was looking to make some of my designs into posters, which is something I'll probably pursue-- beyond that I'm honestly clueless. I have a 24" iMac that I bought that I'll be using in it. I have a few favorite books I could display, but as far as tech goes I'd lie if I said I wasn't clueless.

This isn't me asking you guys to be creative for me at all, it's just asking for a bit of a glimpse into your studios and possibly get some ides to build upon creatively.

Maybe I'm up the wrong tree here as this isn't exactly my wheelhouse, but aren't there a trillion tutorials out there to make green-screens on-the-cheap--like, real cheap...? Idk, maybe you already had that in mind and you're ruminating over a "pro" version.

My gf's a painter and in her little nook of the apartment I know she has vision boards (which can be a little girly), and prints & paintings that inspire her creativity or that she admires.

Take it for what it's worth.

I greatly appreciate the response, but yes I've looked into setting a cheap one-- you ultimately get what you pay for with DOY projects for design. 

I'm just curious where to start with furniture, I guess.

bread's done
Back