Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus is 14.99 on Amazon

Ya, for some reason despite the good reviews I don't think this sold to well becauses it's dropped price do many times, but still a good deal :D
Not even sure when this series fell off the radar or stopped being relevant. Thinking after the PS2 originals, also could have been a result of releasing a dozen or so iterations of it. Although I only played Up Your Arsenal, Deadlocked, the PSP one, and the original, it felt like a lot of the same.

Maybe it's good that Jak and Daxter for the most part ended after Jak 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still enjoyable, it's just a smaller portion compared to previous games. The main campaign is shorter (maybe 60% the length of a normal game) and they have chopped off most of the side games that they used to break up the action like the puzzle levels of clank and the spaceship combat of A Crack in Time. It's basically the Ratchet platforming and shooting campaign and an arena area. A bonus is that it comes with the even smaller game Quest for Booty if you've never played that before.

So I missed this for $10?  I've been waiting for a good deal on a new copy since I don't have Quest for Booty.  Decisions decisions... 

It was a good game, I wish I would have waited instead of paying 29.99, but oh well. As for relevancy of the franchise, Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time sold pretty well, it was after those that things started to go downhill.

the game is almost as good as the previous future games imo. its problem is that its around 4 hours or so to beat it (a little more for the plat trophy obviously). the fact that it comes with a dlc voucher for quest for.booty makes this price a little better

I've had this on my wishlist FOREVER...  (of course I'll buy it and it will be the free PS+ game for May).  

Just wish I had Amazon Prime for free shipping. 

Thanks OP.

I highly recommend this game if you're a fan of the others. I believe they released this in order to keep R&C "relevant" while they're working on the movie, but they actually managed to make a fantastic game. Beautiful scenery, easy to platinum, and a surprisingly good story. Not to mention they've finally perfected the open-world concept in some of the levels.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like they're starting to carfully lean towards the more mature humor that was in the first 3 games.

I just bought a PS3 and there are a lot of R&C games. Which do you guys recommend getting (or avoiding)? Should I start at the beginning (PS2 era collection) and work chronologically?

I think this is the full list of PS3 titles:

- PS2 Collection

- Tools of Destruction (2007)

- Quest for Booty (2008)

- A Crack in Time (2009)

- All 4 One (2011)

- Full Frontal Assault (2012)

- Into the Nexus (2013)

PS2 collection is good

Tools of Destruction is good

don't buy Quest for booty separate as it comes with Into the Nexus

Crack in Time is good

All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are spin-offs, one is a multiplayer cooperative shooter and the other is a tower defense type thing and neither are that great.

Into the Nexus is good, though shorter than the other games.

So basically stick to the proper Ratchet and Clank Games. If you don't want to buy and play that many R&C games then I would recommend jumping in at the "Future" Trilogy which starts with Tools of Destruction.

Jumped on this a few weeks ago before this deal. I was not disappointed at the 20 dollar price point so the 15 buck one is worth picking up. 

This game was fantastic. Looked crazy gorgeous too. 

I just bought a PS3 and there are a lot of R&C games. Which do you guys recommend getting (or avoiding)? Should I start at the beginning (PS2 era collection) and work chronologically?

I think this is the full list of PS3 titles:

- PS2 Collection

- Tools of Destruction (2007)

- Quest for Booty (2008)

- A Crack in Time (2009)

- All 4 One (2011)

- Full Frontal Assault (2012)

- Into the Nexus (2013)
Definitely recommend the Ps2 collection, but i loved the games on the Ps2. The Future storyline has great graphics and very good gameplay (ToD, ACiT, QFB and Nexus). I own FFA and A4O, but I have not played them very much as I was not very impressed initially. Also, you forgot about Deadlocked HD, which come for free with FFA purchase.

bread's done
Back