Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Edition $50 on Groupon (360)

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-street-fighter-25th-anniversary-collectors-set-for-xbox-360-2

Saw this deal on Kotaku deals, rarely see them scoop the CAG community on a deal so figured I'd post it here.

Like any good CAG I secured my own copy before spreading the word. I can only find the 360 edition but it came out to be $52 after tax.

This is worth it for the game parts alone, SFxT and SSF IV:Arcade Edition both with all DLC and the download hd remakes of 2 and 3 are worth beyond this. Add in a (somewhat thin) artbook, HUGE soundtrack, documentary and cartoon, statue and Ryu belt and this is a fan wet dream.

I find it funny that the 360 version comes with blu-rays.
I just went back through the description and saw that and found it amusing, luckily I also have a PS3 so it doesn't bother me. Even so, I imagine people with no blu ray player would still prefer blu-ray over the 360's original attempt at high def video with their HD DVD add on...not that useful these days.

I just went back through the description and saw that and found it amusing, luckily I also have a PS3 so it doesn't bother me. Even so, I imagine people with no blu ray player would still prefer blu-ray over the 360's original attempt at high def video with their HD DVD add on...not that useful these days.
Oh, I dont doubt people would prefer the blu-rays. I just thought it was funny because, well, you know. I agree though, good deal for a wealth of content if you're a fan.

Holy Schnikies this is tempting.

Also, I find it interesting that the pose Ryu has struck in the statue is him doing Ken's "signature" move.  But it's whatever. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It will go lower if there any left. Groupon had it for $69.99 for a whole week last week and didn't sale many which is probably why they lowered the price $20 so maybe if the sale does bad this time around again they might lower it to $29.99. Lol one can hope

FYI, if you install the Groupon app on an Android or iOS device, you may be prompted with a $10 off "New device" coupon.  I wasn't able to duplicate this on my phone but I was able to do so with my sister-in-law's old phone.  Ordered for $39.99 + tax!

It will go lower if there any left. Groupon had it for $69.99 for a whole week last week and didn't sale many which is probably why they lowered the price $20 so maybe if the sale does bad this time around again they might lower it to $29.99. Lol one can hope
Huhhhhh....

I wonder if Groupon would refund the difference to me if they did lower the price? :)

I remember when people on this forum were talking about how rare and valuable this set was going to be.

Last edited:
I remember when people on this forum were talking about how rare and valuable this set was going to be.
PS3 version has held it's value and sold out pretty quickly after launch. The 360 version has been hanging around the Capcom store and Best Buy to be clearanced. GS has been sold out since launch week.

Lots of people have shit all over this because of Capcom's DLC policies (which suck but still this gets you just about everything just no disk) but the value of the extras just can't be ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you install the Groupon app on an Android or iOS device, you may be prompted with a $10 off "New device" coupon. I wasn't able to duplicate this on my phone but I was able to do so with my sister-in-law's old phone. Ordered for $39.99 + tax!
damn, wish I knew this before I ordered it.

FYI, if you install the Groupon app on an Android or iOS device, you may be prompted with a $10 off "New device" coupon. I wasn't able to duplicate this on my phone but I was able to do so with my sister-in-law's old phone. Ordered for $39.99 + tax!
What are the details of this exactly? Exp date, minimum purchase, etc? TIA

Capcom got all kinds of shit for the original SF 4 CE video disc being a 360-game DVD not playable on anything but a 360.
That's crazy, chances are you at the very least had a 360 if you bought it, why not just watch it on that? People go nuts about anything I guess. But it's basically the same case ,only opposite, with the blu-rays, as the 360 cant do anything with them.

Yes, details are in order. :)

1. Spend $30 or more to get $10 off an order.
  2. There is a pop-up in the first page of the app that mentions the promotion is only good for 24 hours, presumably from when it presents itself.

Thanks, I'm gonna wait for another deal before I try that as I'm not too interested in this one. I coulda used that a couple weeks back though, where were you then?? lol Thanks though.

PS3 version has held it's value and sold out pretty quickly after launch. The 360 version has been hanging around the Capcom store and Best Buy to be clearanced. GS has been sold out since launch week.

Lots of people have shit all over this because of Capcom's DLC policies (which suck but still this gets you just about everything just no disk) but the value of the extras just can't be ignored.
The set's original MSRP was $149.99. It sells well below that (even on PS3) brand new online. When it first came out many people were acting like if you didn't pre-order or buy it immediately then you'd never get an affordable copy.

Last edited:
Seems to have sold out just as I was checking out.... ugh. It let me add it to my cart, tried to buy it and got some weird error messages then it dropped out of my cart and said sold out.

That's crazy, chances are you at the very least had a 360 if you bought it, why not just watch it on that? People go nuts about anything I guess. But it's basically the same case ,only opposite, with the blu-rays, as the 360 cant do anything with them.
The picture quality was worse since it was a 360 game and not a straight DVD. The PS3 version (original SF 4 CE) sold out upon release because of the Blu-Ray and the 360 version sat on shelves, getting as cheap as $15 at BB at one point.

The set's original MSRP was $149.99. It sells well below that (even on PS3) brand new online. When it first came out many people were acting like if you didn't pre-order or buy it immediately then you'd never get an affordable copy.
You don't need to tell him. He was one of those people who acted like this set was going to be valuable. I love Street Fighter myself but I think people who grew up with it are overestimating the value of the brand.

There is one of these sittting at my Best Buy with a damaged box but it is still 125 bucks. No wonder it has stayed there for 6 months now.

I have the :ps3: version and the statue was a bit smaller than I thought it would be.  Nonetheless, it's a great little statue.  The soundtracks are a great nostalgic piece.  I did not have any of these games on PS3, so it was a no brainer for me at the $80 I got in for from BestBuy.

Well I guess its back in stock now, used the $10 groupon app discount and got it for $40 + tax. Thanks OP for the deal and thanks chnandler_bong for the $10 deal.

Tempting, even though technically I already have all the games and dlc. Might be a good collector's item at $40.

I purchased this on the 26th at like 4am, but I was wondering if it's still in processing for some of you guys. It's my first Groupon deal so I'm not sure how long the processing time usually takes lol

I purchased this on the 26th at like 4am, but I was wondering if it's still in processing for some of you guys. It's my first Groupon deal so I'm not sure how long the processing time usually takes lol
I had a order through them take 10 days to process before it was shipped out. They have up to 12 days to deliver it in not including weekends. Usually a week and a half at the earliest to 2.5 weeks before you receive the item. Groupon is known for extremely long shipping time.

Like dreamer mentioned, it's probably best to forget about it for a few weeks and then be surprised by a package at your door. I ordered mine the evening of 4/24 and its status is "Awaiting Fulfillment".

bread's done
Back