Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Edition $50 on Groupon (360)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

https://www.groupon....-for-xbox-360-2

Saw this deal on Kotaku deals, rarely see them scoop the CAG community on a deal so figured I'd post it here.

Like any good CAG I secured my own copy before spreading the word. I can only find the 360 edition but it came out to be $52 after tax.

This is worth it for the game parts alone, SFxT and SSF IV:Arcade Edition both with all DLC and the download hd remakes of 2 and 3 are worth beyond this. Add in a (somewhat thin) artbook, HUGE soundtrack, documentary and cartoon, statue and Ryu belt and this is a fan wet dream.

#2 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder/Shopping Cart Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

I find it funny that the 360 version comes with blu-rays.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:Snakey,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#3 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

I just went back through the description and saw that and found it amusing, luckily I also have a PS3 so it doesn't bother me. Even so, I imagine people with no blu ray player would still prefer blu-ray over the 360's original attempt at high def video with their HD DVD add on...not that useful these days.

#4 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

The only thing I'd want out of it is the OST. Good deal though.

#5 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

I just went back through the description and saw that and found it amusing, luckily I also have a PS3 so it doesn't bother me. Even so, I imagine people with no blu ray player would still prefer blu-ray over the 360's original attempt at high def video with their HD DVD add on...not that useful these days.

Oh, I dont doubt people would prefer the blu-rays. I just thought it was funny because, well, you know. I agree though, good deal for a wealth of content if you're a fan.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:Snakey,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#6 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Holy Schnikies this is tempting.

Also, I find it interesting that the pose Ryu has struck in the statue is him doing Ken's "signature" move.  But it's whatever. :)

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#7 neonlights326

neonlights326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Snagged one for my bro. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

#8 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

Fug it, why not? 

Thanks, OP. 

#9 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

this has actually been cheaper on newegg

Hand__Of__God.png

#10 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

How much was it there? I think they had the PS3 version on clearance too, so that's more enticing with the added Alpha games.

#11 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Oh man...if only it wasn't Blu-ray.

#12 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

It will go lower if there any left. Groupon had it for $69.99 for a whole week last week and didn't sale many which is probably why they lowered the price $20 so maybe if the sale does bad this time around again they might lower it to $29.99. Lol one can hope

#13 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Nice deal! I would grab this as a gift for my friend if it was the PS3 version!  :bouncy:

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2014 is coming: http://bit.ly/1nUR6fk

#14 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

FYI, if you install the Groupon app on an Android or iOS device, you may be prompted with a $10 off "New device" coupon.  I wasn't able to duplicate this on my phone but I was able to do so with my sister-in-law's old phone.  Ordered for $39.99 + tax!

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?

#15 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

It will go lower if there any left. Groupon had it for $69.99 for a whole week last week and didn't sale many which is probably why they lowered the price $20 so maybe if the sale does bad this time around again they might lower it to $29.99. Lol one can hope

Huhhhhh....

I wonder if Groupon would refund the difference to me if they did lower the price? :)

ach.png

#16 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

I remember when people on this forum were talking about how rare and valuable this set was going to be.

#17 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

Really wish I hadn't missed out on the ~$25 deal at Capcom's store a few weeks ago. Was sold out almost instantly and never restocked. :(

#18 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

I remember when people on this forum were talking about how rare and valuable this set was going to be.

PS3 version has held it's value and sold out pretty quickly after launch. The 360 version has been hanging around the Capcom store and Best Buy to be clearanced. GS has been sold out since launch week.

Lots of people have shit all over this because of Capcom's DLC policies (which suck but still this gets you just about everything just no disk) but the value of the extras just can't be ignored.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Capcom got all kinds of shit for the original SF 4 CE video disc being a 360-game DVD not playable on anything but a 360.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#20 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Tempting. 

"Evil is Funs"

#21 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

I want the statue but would literally never touch anything else it came with.

#22 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

FYI, if you install the Groupon app on an Android or iOS device, you may be prompted with a $10 off "New device" coupon.  I wasn't able to duplicate this on my phone but I was able to do so with my sister-in-law's old phone.  Ordered for $39.99 + tax!

damn, wish I knew this before I ordered it. 

#23 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

What are the details of this exactly? Exp date, minimum purchase, etc? TIA

Capcom got all kinds of shit for the original SF 4 CE video disc being a 360-game DVD not playable on anything but a 360.

That's crazy, chances are you at the very least had a 360 if you bought it, why not just watch it on that? People go nuts about anything I guess. But it's basically the same case ,only opposite, with the blu-rays, as the 360 cant do anything with them.

laundrymatt77.png

#24 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Yes, details are in order. :)

1. Spend $30 or more to get $10 off an order.
  2. There is a pop-up in the first page of the app that mentions the promotion is only good for 24 hours, presumably from when it presents itself.

ach.png

#25 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

Thanks, I'm gonna wait for another deal before I try that as I'm not too interested in this one. I coulda used that a couple weeks back though, where were you then?? lol Thanks though.

laundrymatt77.png

#26 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

PS3 version has held it's value and sold out pretty quickly after launch. The 360 version has been hanging around the Capcom store and Best Buy to be clearanced. GS has been sold out since launch week.

Lots of people have shit all over this because of Capcom's DLC policies (which suck but still this gets you just about everything just no disk) but the value of the extras just can't be ignored.

The set's original MSRP was $149.99. It sells well below that (even on PS3) brand new online. When it first came out many people were acting like if you didn't pre-order or buy it immediately then you'd never get an affordable copy.

#27 harleypv

harleypv

But Nep Nep...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Seems to have sold out just as I was checking out.... ugh. It let me add it to my cart, tried to buy it and got some weird error messages then it dropped out of my cart and said sold out.

#28 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

That's crazy, chances are you at the very least had a 360 if you bought it, why not just watch it on that? People go nuts about anything I guess. But it's basically the same case ,only opposite, with the blu-rays, as the 360 cant do anything with them.

The picture quality was worse since it was a 360 game and not a straight DVD. The PS3 version (original SF 4 CE) sold out upon release because of the Blu-Ray and the 360 version sat on shelves, getting as cheap as $15 at BB at one point.

42869.png

#29 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

There's also the fact that the PS3 version included more games with it.

#30 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

There's also the fact that the PS3 version included more games with it.

Didn't Resident Evil 6 Anthology have more games on PS as well? (Xbox got Archives which much less games).
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol