Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Best Buy DOTD 4/25 Sony DualShock3 (White) $29.99,Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $13.99 (PS3,Xbox 360, Wii U),Rocketfish Chat Headset Xbox 360 $5.99

wii u xbox ps3 best buy dotd dualshock 3

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I agree 100%. At the very least, there should be some functionality that prevents a GCU member from buying a 4th copy instead of placing the responsibility solely on the member to remember the number of purchased copies.

It's in the online GCU FAQ, if I'm not mistaken.

Its in the fine print.  I too was unaware of this if it wasnt for my CAG family talking about it earlier in the year.

They need to make it more obvious or put some programming in the computer that prevents you from buying a 4th copy, like you suggested.  I can't find it in their fine print, but I did find it in their forums:

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?

A: Yes. Members are limited to 3 copies of any one title (example: 2 copies for PS4, 1 copy for Xbox 360 = 3 total).

I couldn't find mention of the limit on their regular website's FAQ or fine print.  How many people actually go to their forums?  I wouldn't have had I not been specifically looking for this.  Lol.

#32 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Reallllly want to get ACIV, but I just have too many other things to play right now.  Guess I'll pass.

#33 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Anyone know if CEs and regular editions are counted together toward the 3 limit? I've previously had and sold the regular edition from the Black Friday sale, and picked up the CE when BB had it for cheap a month back or so. Does that mean I'm at 2 out of 3?

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#34 NoLifeDGenerate

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Amazon needs to match this. Shipping makes the Assassin's Creed deal less appealing. I get stuck with tax either way, but I want my free ship.

#35 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Anyone know if CEs and regular editions are counted together toward the 3 limit? I've previously had and sold the regular edition from the Black Friday sale, and picked up the CE when BB had it for cheap a month back or so. Does that mean I'm at 2 out of 3?

yes collector and standard editions count so you are at 2. http://forums.bestbu...p/806692#M14605

#36 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Thanks OP, always on the lookout for a good price on a backup Dualshock 3 that isn't black.

Guardian_owl.png

#37 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

yes collector and standard editions count so you are at 2. http://forums.bestbu...p/806692#M14605

Thanks for finding that topic. Bummer to hear that.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#38 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I bought AC:IV.  Thanks!  I've hope to enjoy this as much as I've liked Sid Meier's Pirates

bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#39 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Its in the fine print.  I too was unaware of this if it wasnt for my CAG family talking about it earlier in the year.

I understand where they are coming from, though. In their eyes, if you buy 4 of the same game, you're probably a reseller, at least under their terms. MOST normal consumers would never have to worry about a 3 game limit. Of course, as CAGs, we are FAR from normal.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#40 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

if gamer club unlocked worked on controllers i'd be all TOM for this 

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#41 RikuXIII

RikuXIII

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Caved on IV. Decided extra missions were worth more than off screen play so I grabbed the ps3 version. Into the log it goes haha

#42 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

This is a tough call. I got such a huge backlog of games I will play before this one, I will probably get a PS4 in  a year and the PS4 version will probably be a good $10 game for me to get at that time. I'm still playing Dark Souls, Deus Ex, & TLOU. Haven't played AC3 yet which I will even though it seems people think its skippable. This is SO tempting but I will probably have it shrinkwrapped in a year and seeing a cheap ass PS4 version. Great post OP!

Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#43 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Its a very silly or low limit.  Or even flawed for that matter. for the simple fact is returning a copy should deduct from your count.  Im pretty sure I hit my limit on this at xmas.  Even passed on the $1 wii u copy cause of the silly limit.  There should be some leniency in the system to avoid problems.  a year down the road i shouldnt have to trudge through my entire purchase history to avoid a possible accidental 4th copy buy.  It is what it is.  I have since traded mine in from xmas but thought about picking it back up.  I cant order it online cause my info automatically attaches my info to it.  Its an inconvenience to the customer.

Couldn't you create a second bestbuy.com account and not have a "My Best Buy" account attached to it and buy it at the non GCU price. Then manually add the bestbuy.com order to your GCU My Best Buy account. 

#44 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Amazon matched the price for ACIV on all three systems.

#45 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Amazon actually refunded me $6 for the price adjustment. Hell yes!

#46 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

And the Amazon Warehouse copies are coming in!  I grabbed a LN for $10.39.

#47 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

WTF Amazon I had a copy for PS3 in my cart getting ready to checkout and I get a message saying it no longer available from the seller I choose. I have a Prime trial so I wasn't adding anything else to cart either. 

#48 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Bit of an odd question here...

I got the PS3 LE from BB when it was on sale a couple months back and I had the free GCU. I got paid GCU in March during the $60 sale and ordered 2 more copies of Black Flag last weekend. Am I at the 3 out of 3 max or can I get a copy from today's deal without going over the limit?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#49 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Ordered from Amazon. AWD copies were sniped, you guys are too quick.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#50 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Bit of an odd question here...

I got the PS3 LE from BB when it was on sale a couple months back and I had the free GCU. I got paid GCU in March during the $60 sale and ordered 2 more copies of Black Flag last weekend. Am I at the 3 out of 3 max or can I get a copy from today's deal without going over the limit?

should be at 2 then

#51 myjester2112

myjester2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

I've been waiting for this to drop since it came out. Never seems to get below $20 for long so I finally gave in. $15 in store pick up, can't complain;).

#52 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Amazon.com has the PS3 version back to $13.99. I ordered mine with Prime and it has an estimate delivery of Sunday.  

#53 Aleth

Aleth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Grabbed a PS3 copy! Hope I can catch the excitement that the 2nd game brought!

#54 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Ac4 IMHO is a really bad game.

Most people learned after buying ac3. Lol

#55 NoLifeDGenerate

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Fucking bullshit. Amazon is already out of the 360 version and won't take anymore orders for it. As if they won't have more in a few days. Assholes.

#56 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Fucking bullshit. Amazon is already out of the 360 version and won't take anymore orders for it. As if they won't have more in a few days. Assholes.

in stock for 360.

#57 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

I picked up a white DS3 since my grey one is wearing down, thanks OP.

#58 Darthlain18

Darthlain18

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Curious...last week I bought 2 Assassins creeds during the sale. 1 for ps3 1 for 360 using 2/3 of my GCU. Traded in the 360 copy as a credit mover at GS and today went to do the same and my GCU still applied to both... Hoping I don't get in trouble because last time I went over the 3 limit all it did was take it off one and the 4th was regular price. Anybody had this happen recently with any other games?

#59 Samurai_X-51

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

In for AC4 on Wii U. Thanks

#60 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

Ac4 IMHO is a really bad game.

Most people learned after buying ac3. Lol

Bryan Danielson is more boring than AC3.

I'd grab this if the upgrade was still valid.

644690.png