Photo
- - - - -

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition S for Wii U $49.99 + S/H@MadCatz Store

wii u madcatz tekken fightstick

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition S for Wii U $49.99 + S/H

http://store.madcatz...S-for-WiiU.html

#2 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Sure why not. You should note that this is technically a wii accessory, connects to the wii remote. I believe games interpret it as a classic controller. Shipping and tax brings it up to $65, not bad for a controller with this kind of quality.

Posted Image

#3 sladeums

sladeums

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

looks like Mad Catz has about 50 of these listed on Amazon also, if you are interested and have credit there

http://www.amazon.co...8454006&sr=1-19

sladeums.png

#4 Darkshado

Darkshado

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thanks OP and Sladeums! :D/  Picked one up from Amazon.

#5 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

So, does this work with the Wii or only the Wii U?

#6 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Damn, was hoping for an actual Wii U stick. Have a Hori one right now with the same connection.

#7 ECM

ECM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

So, does this work with the Wii or only the Wii U?

It definitely works on the U, but via the Wiimote:

A 3.3-foot-long controller cable - - which connects to the base of your trusty Wii Remote controller - - makes setup a breeze.

#8 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

looks like Mad Catz has about 50 of these listed on Amazon also, if you are interested and have credit there

http://www.amazon.co...8454006&sr=1-19

Thanks.  Shipping is actually almost $4 less and it's not charging California tax either, so Amazon is the way to go on this one.  

#9 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Wow! Amazon Charge more than Madcat ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#10 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Mad Catz makes this thing and is now clearancing it. Amazon sellers have more to lose if they tried to price like Mad Catz.

This is a fine stick for those who missed out on getting the Tatsunoko stick a few years ago at less than $20.

Batsugunner.png

#11 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

So, this plays like the TVC fightstick? I loved that thing; even more so than the SFIV Tournament edition version

#12 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Of course, I just bought two Hori wii sticks last night off ebay and this thing drops in price. Fuck.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#13 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'd buy this but there really aren't any fighting games on the Wii U besides Tekken and Injustice. Great deal for a stick but with potentially only 2 games to play with it I don't know if it's worth it. 

I can't see people playing smash bros with this, right? Is that even possible?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#14 ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

So these things are basically trumped up Classic Controllers? That's a shame... I'd like to be able to play Punch-Out!! with something aside from the tiny Wiimote. (NO, not the stupid balance board, either!)

#15 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thanks OP, just scooped one! Gonna use for the shooties on Wii :D
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#16 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

So these things are basically trumped up Classic Controllers? That's a shame... I'd like to be able to play Punch-Out!! with something aside from the tiny Wiimote. (NO, not the stupid balance board, either!)

They're meant to replicate arcade machines, if that's what you mean?

On another note, I've owned four different arcade sticks and can say the Madcatz TE's are great Mid-Tier arcade stick with authentic joystick and buttons (which are more sensitive) compared to the old brawl sticks that had stock buttons. The TE models are also pretty easy to mod. If you don't like the Noir layout, then you can find some replacements panels online. I'll be picking this up for a future project, thanks op! These should also have a better PCB since it's the S version.

Current Gameshares  My Youtube  My Twitch   My Trade List <---- I HAVE KHII Formation Arts Vol. 2!!! Final Fantasy Elixirs/Potions!!! 

Psh, who needs platinum trophies nowadays.  I Lied.

cloud1425.png  zit.gif

Got Kidrobot StreetFighter figures you need off your hands? Feel free to HMU with an offer. 

#17 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Still thinking about grabbing this, however MadCatz plus their Amazon Shop raised the price $10 to $59.99 + S/H

I was going to pass, but then I found Tekken Tag for $8 at TRU on clearance this weekend and then this.  Just not sure the Wii or Wii U still justify it. 

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#18 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Still thinking..............  The issue I have is that I already have two Wii fight sticks and Wii U has only one fighting game so I don't think I'll spend another $60+ right now.....

#19 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Still hope it drop down $39.99 ;)

"Evil is Funs"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, madcatz, tekken, fightstick