Elite Beat Agents $5.88 at Amazon / Walmart

I bought this at gamestop a few years ago at the same price minus the case. Just bought this for the cheap case. This game is easily one of the best rhythm games out there. Thanks.

Shipping WOULD have killed this deal, but I just lumped it in with my preorders for the Watch Dogs hardcover guide and the third Ever After High book to get Free Super Saver shipping. Hooray! And thanks!

Shipping WOULD have killed this deal, but I just lumped it in with my preorders for the Watch Dogs hardcover guide and the third Ever After High book to get Free Super Saver shipping. Hooray! And thanks!
Amazon has been horrible with preorder items for me of late and refuses to ship until the final item is released. Do you have ship dates for each item or one for the entire package?

I remember I got it near its launch at full price and I never regretted it. Though I did go around Gamestops looking for a used copy that beat Jumping Jack Flash so I could go on to the hardest difficulty. Tough as hell that song.

The things I'd do for a sequel

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has been horrible with preorder items for me of late and refuses to ship until the final item is released. Do you have ship dates for each item or one for the entire package?
The Watch Dogs guide is dated for early June but the others are lumped together for now.

One of my favorite games of all time.  If you enjoy this and want some more, check out Ouendan 1 and 2. It's by the same developer with the same gameplay but in Japanese. It's very friendly in terms of navigating menus and playing the game.

It's $3.99 at Gamestop.

Between my PUR card and that $3 off for playing King's League: Odyssey, I was sorely tempted to grab it for pocket change.

EBA and Ouendan were awesome.  I have no idea why it didn't catch on.  Get the originals while you can, I doubt they'll be making another and even if they make a new Ouendan you can't play it on american 3DS *grumble*.

Be forewarned, you're never going to hear any of the songs in this game again without going into flashbacks.

Definitely one of my favorite DS games and a steal at this price.  If you haven't played it and have the system to play it on, pick it up, you won't regret it.

Thanks, just used a giftcard to order

Normally wouldn't buy this, but after reading this thread decided it must be added to the backlog :)

This game is amazing and easily worth the price, just wanted to post to say that.

Also this thread didn't have enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZGzhsS-5I

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000HE9LL8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8

2-3 weeks shipping but wow at that price. Did Amazon find a crapload of these?

Edit: Looks like Amazon matched Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Elite-Beat-Agents-DS/5156414
Haven't I seen it cheaper years ago? Pretty sure it was going at like $5 at several stores, or $10 as part of some DS kit. Either way, I missed out on it then, but I may as well get it now. Thanks OP.

I don't think it's been this cheap before. Maybe you're thinking of Rhythm Heaven and its Wii sequel, Rhythm Heaven Fever, both of which have been $5 in the past.

I don't think it's been this cheap before. Maybe you're thinking of Rhythm Heaven and its Wii sequel, Rhythm Heaven Fever, both of which have been $5 in the past.
No I know it was EBA, though I may be wrong on the price. I have played Rhythm Heaven and found it rather dull honestly. With very few exceptions I found the soundtrack rather disappointing and the game wasn't responsive enough for the level of precision required to even get a passing grade, let alone a perfect. Of course it could just be me..... but that doesn't change the fact that I didn't like it and probably could've done much better with buttons over the wonky control scheme they used.

I really wish Nintendo would learn that there is value in customization and control options. They need to stop forcing broken control schemes onto games like Skyward Sword (swordplay was fine but swimming/soaring/skydiving were abysmal), Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, Rhythm Heaven, ect. when the buttons/D-Pad/Joystick is sitting there unused, it reeks of laziness and frankly gives the impression that they just don't give a damn. I'm hoping I don't run into that problem on EBA, but for $6 I guess it's worth the risk lol

Last edited:
There's probably at least one person who's reading this and doesn't have this game. You HAVE to get it. Yes, you. It's just pure, concentrated fun.

No I know it was EBA, though I may be wrong on the price. I have played Rhythm Heaven and found it rather dull honestly. With very few exceptions I found the soundtrack rather disappointing and the game wasn't responsive enough for the level of precision required to even get a passing grade, let alone a perfect. Of course it could just be me..... but that doesn't change the fact that I didn't like it and probably could've done much better with buttons over the wonky control scheme they used.

I really wish Nintendo would learn that there is value in customization and control options. They need to stop forcing broken control schemes onto games like Skyward Sword (swordplay was fine but swimming/soaring/skydiving were abysmal), Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, Rhythm Heaven, ect. when the buttons/D-Pad/Joystick is sitting there unused, it reeks of laziness and frankly gives the impression that they just don't give a damn. I'm hoping I don't run into that problem on EBA, but for $6 I guess it's worth the risk lol
Try Rhythm Heaven Fever. As basically a direct response to your complaint, every minigame is played with A and B, nothing else. Just be sure you either play on a CRT TV, or hook the Wii's sound directly into your sound system to eliminate lag. The game is extremely unfriendly about HDTV lag.

And you won't run into control problems with EBA. The game requires touch, but no weird gestures like the RH flick.

Try Rhythm Heaven Fever. As basically a direct response to your complaint, every minigame is played with A and B, nothing else. Just be sure you either play on a CRT TV, or hook the Wii's sound directly into your sound system to eliminate lag. The game is extremely unfriendly about HDTV lag.

And you won't run into control problems with EBA. The game requires touch, but no weird gestures like the RH flick.
Sounds good, and glad to hear they fixed the controls on RHF. I never bought that because I didn't see it cheap enough and was afraid of waggle nonsense, but if it's entirely button based I will have to look into it if I ever see it in the bargain bin.

As a counterpoint, Rhythm Heaven is one of my favorite games ever (better than EBA in my opinion, although EBA is also amazing) and I found the controls extremely responsive and intuitive. Responsive enough for me to actually get all 50 perfects, and I'm someone who rarely bothers to complete games.

Haven't I seen it cheaper years ago? Pretty sure it was going at like $5 at several stores, or $10 as part of some DS kit. Either way, I missed out on it then, but I may as well get it now. Thanks OP.
You remember correctly. Walmart bundled this with some stylus or something for $10 several years ago. Maybe something else. I don't remember exactly what was in it, but I know a friend who picked one up.

But yes, buy this game if you like rhythm games at all. It's Japanese-silly, but in a very Americanized way. If that makes any sense.

bread's done
Back