Photo
* * * * * 12 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

GameStop GS Trade trade-in credit promo value TIV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7468 replies to this topic

#61 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

Gamestop....like really?

It is a bit late for April Fools. I wonder what they are thinking...

#62 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Has the Trade 2 next gen games promo been extended before? Hopefully it gets extended since it expires today 

Currently Playing
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all
:ps3: Battlefield 3 (get some!!!!!)

#63 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

#64 Fatpeoplestink

Fatpeoplestink

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

So where's the 50% bonus for preowned? Lmao!!!

#65 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

So where's the 50% bonus for preowned? Lmao!!!

It's still on their Twitter. I'm hoping to see it posted soon....would suck if it's not the case.

BTW, I see they updated their extra 30% TIV towards select games:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Destiny
  • MLB 14 The Show
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Murdered Soul Suspect

Valid 4/28/14 - 5/18/14

If I preordered Kirby already and paid in full, anyone know if I can trade in games and still get the promotional value?

#66 Biff Top Johnny

Biff Top Johnny

Your Ad Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Check out @GameStop's Tweet:

Add me:

Xbox Live Gamertag: Biff  Top Johnny

621534.png

#67 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'm seeing 40%

r80m6oN.png

j5ftOTE.png

#68 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Check out @GameStop's Tweet:

Can't see Twitter at work. Can you copy/paste the text? Thanks!

#69 Jourdanaire

Jourdanaire

XBL- Jourdanaire

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Not sure if this should go here but what coupons do you get for renewing pro?

#70 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Not sure if this should go here but what coupons do you get for renewing pro?

In my experience you will only get a B2G1 preowned coupon.

#71 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Can't see Twitter at work. Can you copy/paste the text? Thanks!

Get 50% extra credit when trading toward pre-owned purchases! (Valid 4/28 - 5/4) http://ht.ly/waXrf 

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#72 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Get 50% extra credit when trading toward pre-owned purchases! (Valid 4/28 - 5/4) http://ht.ly/waXrf 

Thanks! I wonder when it will go up on the official site.

#73 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

could not get 50 percent honored so far none of the stores i went to have any knowledge of it

#74 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

The more I think about this deal, the less I like it. Trade in my used games so I can have more money to buy other people's used games? Instant money in the bank for Gamestop, but I'd rather put it toward a new pre-order or system.

Posted Image

#75 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

The more I think about this deal, the less I like it. Trade in my used games so I can have more money to buy other people's used games? Instant money in the bank for Gamestop, but I'd rather put it toward a new pre-order or system.

Dude, just pick up a $0.99 sports game or Link's Crossbow Training, it's not that hard.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#76 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

could not get 50 percent honored so far none of the stores i went to have any knowledge of it

Weird. I wonder if it's not real after all.

#77 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Dude, just pick up a $0.99 sports game, it's not that hard.

has anyone gotten the, "you have to spend more money than that to get the promo" speech?

i have told them, it will go through just scan everything, and i still have gotten refused. didnt really mind, this was during the 40% bonus for "anything in the ad" promo. i tried to trade in a 360 and was given that speech when i tried to put it towards a disney infinity figure. didnt mind afterall since i got something else and asked for a gift receipt.

#78 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

has anyone gotten the, "you have to spend more money than that to get the promo" speech?

i have told them, it will go through just scan everything, and i still have gotten refused. didnt really mind, this was during the 40% bonus for "anything in the ad" promo. i tried to trade in a 360 and was given that speech when i tried to put it towards a disney infinity figure. didnt mind afterall since i got something else and asked for a gift receipt.

I've never been refused doing that, and I've even been told by an employee or two that it's a really smart tactic.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#79 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Just tell them another manager teach you to do that. That is why you love trading games into gamestop. They try to get you the best value possible.

#80 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Weird. I wonder if it's not real after all.

It probably is real and just hasn't been updated into their systems yet. 

In the real corporate world, promotions require the coordination of multiple departments beyond just the marketing folks.  Not every department is in sync with each other all the time.  Although you'd think it wouldn't happen, they are still run by humans.  Mistakes happens.  Emails get delayed.  Confusion happens.  I can recall several instances in the past when Best Buy's trade promos were delayed for 24 hours.  The fact that the Gamestop social media team posted up the promotion is a big indicator that somebody up in corporate thought the timing was right to promote used game trades/sales.  Gamestop has also come through on other promotions that were advertised on their Twitter page in the past.

You can also use the Twitter app on your phone by the way. It lends itself better on mobile than desktop.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#81 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Just noticed they deleted the tweet

#82 maxcriden

maxcriden

Nabbit Himself

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

It probably is real and just hasn't been updated into their systems yet. 

In the real corporate world, promotions require the coordination of multiple departments beyond just the marketing folks.  Not every department is in sync with each other all the time.  Although you'd think it wouldn't happen, they are still run by humans.  Mistakes happens.  Emails get delayed.  Confusion happens.  I can recall several instances in the past when Best Buy's trade promos were delayed for 24 hours.  The fact that the Gamestop social media team posted up the promotion is a big indicator that somebody up in corporate thought the timing was right to promote used game trades/sales.  Gamestop has also come through on other promotions that were advertised on their Twitter page in the past.

You can also use the Twitter app on your phone by the way. It lends itself better on mobile than desktop.

Thanks for the insight. I have a bunch of games to trade in but it sounds like I should wait a day or two and see if this goes into effect. (I'll try calling my local stores, though, and see if they are aware of it.)

#83 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys, I just read the morning emails. One mentioned the 50% promo from GS' Twitter. It doesn't officially start until next Monday, 5/5. However, if a customer mentions the tweet, the employee is allowed to manually adjust the trade-in to give the 50% promo to take care of them.

#84 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hey guys, I just read the morning emails. One mentioned the 50% promo from GS' Twitter. It doesn't officially start until next Monday, 5/5. However, if a customer mentions the tweet, the employee is allowed to manually adjust the trade-in to give the 50% promo to take care of them.

Does it apply to consoles?

#85 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Does it apply to consoles?

Just game trades towards preowned.

#86 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

I told the lady at gamestop about the tweet and she said Fuck the tweet it doesn't matter

#87 SJD

SJD

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

I've never been refused doing that, and I've even been told by an employee or two that it's a really smart tactic.

I have a gamestop that I primarily use and even struck up a sort of "broship" with the manager. Certainly, I haven't pulled a lot of outlandish stuff, like trading 4 slim adapters, but he has let me trade a game and get it back with the B2G1, cancel preorders and get back full credit after promos, so on, so forth. 

I believe that some employees are anal about people doing that stuff, thinking it's cutting into their performance, not as much that GS is being robbed blind, etc. 

Currently playing:

:ps4: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

:vita: Nothing

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Origins/NCAA 12

#88 Biff Top Johnny

Biff Top Johnny

Your Ad Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hmmmm the tweet seems to have been deleted

Add me:

Xbox Live Gamertag: Biff  Top Johnny

621534.png

#89 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Anybody got a screenshot of the tweet so we have more evidence to make our case? I totally forgot to take a screenshot myself :(

#90 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

Anybody got a screenshot of the tweet so we have more evidence to make our case? I totally forgot to take a screenshot myself :(

Seconded. Deleting the tweet also killed the embedded tweets here :-(

Also still wondering if the GameInformer 10% coupon stacks with promos. Assuming no, but it would be nice. I have a fat stack of NASCAR 14 to get rid of.