Never tried PS+? then you get 14 days FREE on PStore

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Was browsing the store and in the PS Plus section it said get 14 days free. Sorry if old.
Posted Image

#2 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hmm..I wonder if this free trial would let you get the extra ~50% off of the Golden Week games sale on PSN.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hmm..I wonder if this free trial would let you get the extra ~50% off of the Golden Week games sale on PSN.

Once your PS+ subscription is activated (even in the trial) you should qualify for all the discounts that people with full PS+ subscriptions have. These are some great games for sale right now.

#4 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

That's messed up. I haven't gotten anything yet and I've had Plus since last year.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#5 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

It says I don't qualify because I've "tried" PS+ (and it's true), you can see it right from their site under Subscriptions once you're signed in. Let's see if CAG kills this link to death: https://store.sonyen...aystation-store

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#6 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

It says I don't qualify because I've "tried" PS+ (and it's true), you can see it right from their site under Subscriptions once you're signed in. Let's see if CAG kills this link to death: https://store.sonyen...aystation-store

Clicked on the link for fun.  It won't let even me add it to the cart. lol

#7 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

I think you gotta be on the PS3 store for that not sure tho

Posted Image

#8 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Clicked on the link for fun.  It won't let even me add it to the cart. lol

Yeah, on the trial's page that you get from clicking on it, there's a link that says "Learn More" that told me I've had PS+ before.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#9 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

14 days of free game rentals, not bad.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#10 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

On top of which you can take advantage of all the discounts during those 14 days. It definitely is worth it.

#11 crono152

crono152

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Looks like you have to subscribe to get the extra 14 days free. I'm looking now on the ps3 store and only see 1, 2 and 12 month offerings.

#12 tylerdurden10

tylerdurden10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Awesome! Just signed up for this, Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross here I come! :bouncy:

#13 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

DANG! I was looking for a FREE PS+ trial all over the place last week so I could get the Ducktales Bundle!!!  Figures now this gets posted.  Oh well, dropped $10 for a 1 month sub... can't win'em all.

Thanks tho OP.

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#14 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

lol back when the ps4 launched some guy found a glitch with this where it let him keep adding 14 day trials as many times as he wanted. He ended up with free PS plus until 2024...not sure if sony did anything to him / banned him...but Im assuming they fixed that lol...

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#15 tylerdurden10

tylerdurden10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

This is awesome, already got some great stuff:

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - Free

Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles - $10 :bow:

Chrono Trigger - $3.49

Chrono Cross - $3.49

Anything else good that I might have missed?

#16 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Looks like you have to subscribe to get the extra 14 days free. I'm looking now on the ps3 store and only see 1, 2 and 12 month offerings.

TRIAL not extra. Trial, that's the keyword.

You must have had a trial before because you can only trial one time to keep people from abusing the trials over and over again. Or did you think sony would let people stack it a 100 times?

Who the hell would care if you got an extra 14 days on top of a 1 year subscription?

#17 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Note: The free games you get from PS+ will no-longer be accessible one your PS+ expires until you renew it. 

Angelsplight.png

iangelsplight.png

#18 Brachabre

Brachabre

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

This is awesome, already got some great stuff:

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - Free

Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles - $10 :bow:

Chrono Trigger - $3.49

Chrono Cross - $3.49

Anything else good that I might have missed?

Same order. Too bad Suikoden is not on sale...couldn't pass up ToSC at that price!

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Wonderful 101, NES Remix      :wii: Zelda: TP     :ps3: Chrono Trigger, Bioshock

:3ds: Zelda ALBW, Pokemon X,  AC: New Leaf   :ds:  Kirby Superstar Ultra

:pc: Skyrim

#19 reibeatall

reibeatall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

Worked for Blockbuster Online.

#20 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Note: The free games you get from PS+ will no-longer be accessible one your PS+ expires until you renew it. 

Yes, it's pretty much a digital rental service.

Play your free games before the 14 days are up.

Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#21 crono152

crono152

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

TRIAL not extra. Trial, that's the keyword.

You must have had a trial before because you can only trial one time to keep people from abusing the trials over and over again. Or did you think sony would let people stack it a 100 times?

Who the hell would care if you got an extra 14 days on top of a 1 year subscription?

While I wish that was the case, it's not. At least not for me when I enter the store. I've never had PSN+ before either. There's only 1, 3 and 12 months options to choose from when I click the main advertisement.

#22 crono152

crono152

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Actually, now that I remember, I think they did offer a free trial way back when PSN+ first came out. It's been quite a few years.

#23 spooie_redux

spooie_redux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Remember a few years ago when Sony forced everyone to remove the Other OS feature from the PS3 and then got hacked, with PSN being down 5 weeks?  I'm pretty sure everyone that had a registered PS3 at that point received a free trial of PS+ as compensation.  I know I did. 

#24 haku67

haku67

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Remember a few years ago when Sony forced everyone to remove the Other OS feature from the PS3 and then got hacked, with PSN being down 5 weeks?  I'm pretty sure everyone that had a registered PS3 at that point received a free trial of PS+ as compensation.  I know I did. 

This,
I have had an year of plus before.

My friend who only had plus when Sony did this couldn't sign up for this trial.  :(

ahmed877.png

#25 randamin

randamin

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

The store wouldn't let me take the trial since I previously had a 30 day trial that I bought from another site. I would simply take a year of plus but I haven't been able to find one at the price I want. Almost bought one a $35 but the deal fell through. Also missed out on one for $40. The way this is going I'm starting to doubt myself whether I really should get playstation plus.

#26 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

The store wouldn't let me take the trial since I previously had a 30 day trial that I bought from another site. I would simply take a year of plus but I haven't been able to find one at the price I want. Almost bought one a $35 but the deal fell through. Also missed out on one for $40. The way this is going I'm starting to doubt myself whether I really should get playstation plus.

Just wait for the next sale, but it's totally worth $50.

#27 Brachabre

Brachabre

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Okay I remember that, but was the playstation plus thing optional? I successfully signed up for the the 14 day trial, but had to link a credit card first to my account first.

All I remember during the time of the hack was University studies and lack of gaming in general. I still to this day regret my free game selections for PSN being hacked/down so long: Little Big Planet (shudders) and WipeOut. Why oh why didn't I take Infamous? waaaah 

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Wonderful 101, NES Remix      :wii: Zelda: TP     :ps3: Chrono Trigger, Bioshock

:3ds: Zelda ALBW, Pokemon X,  AC: New Leaf   :ds:  Kirby Superstar Ultra

:pc: Skyrim