EBgames Buy 2 get 1 Used 3DS games May5th to May 11th

In my experience, used 3DS selection is so limited that finding three games that you want and don't already have would be extremely unlikely.  With so few used 3DS games in their stores, it makes me wonder why they're trying to clear them out this way.

I actually see plenty of used 3DS games in EBgames around me. The true problem lies in the cost, where many are just $5 off their brand new retail price, so I'd be better off going to one of the few remaining mom n' pop shops in Toronto, or ordering online.

In my experience, used 3DS selection is so limited that finding three games that you want and don't already have would be extremely unlikely. With so few used 3DS games in their stores, it makes me wonder why they're trying to clear them out this way.
Same for me. There just aren't enough of them to make it worth while.

From being in Toronto and seeing the mom and pop store prices. (A+C and Iceman also does only like 5$ off for used if not sometimes higher than eb, game center and shack never have enough stock)  B2G1 is lukewarm but would make it be 3 34.99 used games for 70 which is decent and a better deal if of course you can find stock and 3 games that you want. I myself bought pretty much every 3ds game I've wanted during the FS e3 deal so I'm good for this year. 

But I am honestly curious if theres a good mom and pop video game shop in Toronto I'm missing cause I always like checking out new places.

Toronto-centric post incoming:

A&C and Iceman are terrible for newer generation titles. I'd only shop at them for hard to find retro stuff, and even then you're paying a premium compared to what you could find online. A matter of convenience and avoiding duty, I guess.

I'd stick with Game Centre's three locations (St Clair being underwhelming selection, Yonge / Charles being the best) and possibly VGP (if you can make the trek up to Wilson) for newer generation stuff. Game Centre's used prices for DS/3DS stuff has definitely gone up, but they still offer some pretty good value for titles that have been out a while.

Stay clear of Gamerama, despite their okay selection and prices. They have some pretty shit business practices, with the store being a mess and manned by people that just don't give a shit. Game Shack in the Atrium is hit, or miss for prices, but they do have an okay selection which you can browse online. Game Mania at Keele and Bloor is a great retro shop that has a lot of random video game merchandise too, but I can't remember how their 3DS prices stack up.

I'm not shitting on your deal if that's what you took it as, but I question how effective it might be for most considering price, which EB can be very slow to lower prices of older used Nintendo games, and the ability to find stock. Considering the E3 deals, EBgames own Golf/Kirby trade in deal, Futureshop's $10 off pre-order deal, among others, this one is probably lukewarm at best depending on your EBgames stock. But I do appreciate it being posted, so I can check out what my EBgames does have in. Just trying to give my two cents.

bread's done
Back