NHL 15 - Cag League Canceled... THANKS EA!

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!
I would love to do a Cag online franchise with the game on PS4! I know it is a little soon, but we can talk about the game, the league, actual hockey, all of it here until the game comes out!

PS4 CAG league Teams

WEST
Colorado Avalanche - bestkeeper14/russdornisch PSN
Chicago Blackhawks - twick87 PSN
Anahiem Ducks - AtrocityExhibit PSN

EAST
Pittsburgh Penguins - chriscolbert PSN
Boston Bruins - Garrus_Lannister PSN
NY Rangers - Snakeybro PSN
Detroit Red Wings - PBnate88 PSN
Montreal Canadians- SynGamer PSN

NEW E3 TRAILER

http://www.easports.com/nhl/features

NHL15 COVER ATHLETE

covervotefinalbracket.jpg

EA's NHL 15 website
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-15-arenas

nhl-15-staples-center.png

nhl-15-madison-square-garden.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take Chicago. My psn name is also twick87. Thank god they didn't take Pierre too.

Yeah 8 years was WAY too long to keep recycling commentary. I'll jump in and claim the Penguins I guess. Unless I change my mind and decide to go with the X1 version for some reason.

PSN - chriscolbert

I didn't expect this so soon, but I'll claim my spot in the hopes that it works out.

PSN: MattYoung730
Team: Los Angeles Kings

On second thought, count me in. I may not be able to play as my beloved Avs, but the game still looks great. This will be the first sports title I've ever pre-ordered. I'll take...

Ottawa Senators - SynGamer PSN

Hey, I just wanted to say that I have to drop out of this. While I still have my PS4, I recently got an Xbox One. The guys from the CAG EASHL team that I've been playing with almost exclusively since its inception in NHL 09 are playing on Xbox One this year, so I decided to get that version.

Thanks for letting me join, anyway. I figured I should let you know and free up the Kings since I'm pretty sure there will be multiple people interested in playing as the Stanley Cup champions.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I have to drop out of this. While I still have my PS4, I recently got an Xbox One. The guys from the CAG EASHL team that I've been playing with almost exclusively since its inception in NHL 09 are playing on Xbox One this year, so I decided to get that version.

Thanks for letting me join, anyway. I figured I should let you know and free up the Kings since I'm pretty sure there will be multiple people interested in playing as the Stanley Cup champions.
Like me. I'd like to take his spot as the Kings if you guys dont mind a newcomer.

edit: my psn is sirdudeoi

I plan to keep up with this and see how it plays out. If you guys end up streaming any games down the line, I'll probably check them out.

I plan to keep up with this and see how it plays out. If you guys end up streaming any games down the line, I'll probably check them out.
I may do that, and with youtube coming, I will definitely be putting together some highlight stuff from my games for sure! Share Factory is made for Sports games

SynGamer now has Montreal

Eve of Free agency, all our teams will be shaped soon enough! My Avs just picked up Briere for parenteau, hated Parenteau in NHl 14, always traded him, happy with this move, now just sign Stastny!

Good luck to you guys over here. I'll be on the Xbox One side of things. NHL GM Connected has been such a let down since they started it though. I really hope they do it right this year. There HAS to be an option to play less than the full season. For something that is supposed to span multiple seasons, I don't know how EA thinks people can do 82 games each time.

And they're stupid if they think simming is an valid option. "Cut your season down to 'only' 41 games, and have no control over half the games your team plays"...thus giving people who take the good teams an unfair advantage. The logic is just so flawed. It got to a point where we actually missed the old "league" system where you just played each person 2-3 times and then the top 4 teams with the most points made the playoffs. At least that was manageable.

I would imagine we won't even bother with franchise on XB1 if this isn't fixed. At best, it'll be another one and done franchise. Please, be smarter than this EA Vancouver...  :pray:

Good luck to you guys over here. I'll be on the Xbox One side of things. NHL GM Connected has been such a let down since they started it though. I really hope they do it right this year. There HAS to be an option to play less than the full season. For something that is supposed to span multiple seasons, I don't know how EA thinks people can do 82 games each time.

And they're stupid if they think simming is an valid option. "Cut your season down to 'only' 41 games, and have no control over half the games your team plays"...thus giving people who take the good teams an unfair advantage. The logic is just so flawed. It got to a point where we actually missed the old "league" system where you just played each person 2-3 times and then the top 4 teams with the most points made the playoffs. At least that was manageable.

I would imagine we won't even bother with franchise on XB1 if this isn't fixed. At best, it'll be another one and done franchise. Please, be smarter than this EA Vancouver... :pray:
Sorry to hear your bad experiences, I've played in a couple leagues and loved it. Hope it works out over here!

Today is the day we find out what our teams will look like next season!!!

If we're getting rid of Stasny, I really hope we can pick up someone of equal talent. Sadly, I can see the Avs taking a B player and a draft pick or something...

Spezza to Dallas... well that only leaves Stastny for the Center market... he will be getting 8+ mill now...
He's not worth that much. I hope he proves me wrong, for his sake, but he's $4-5 million in my eyes. I'd rather the Avs put that extra $3-4 million towards a more consistent player, and/or perhaps two potentials.

He's not worth that much. I hope he proves me wrong, for his sake, but he's $4-5 million in my eyes. I'd rather the Avs put that extra $3-4 million towards a more consistent player, and/or perhaps two potentials.
my thoughts exaclty.... He was barley worth his last salary and the Avs tried several times to lose it and no body wanted it. He had a good year during a contract year and now is going to cash in. he has been inconsistent his whole career except when he is playing for a contract... Sad to see him go, especially for nothing, but oh well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Iginla coming to Denver for a few years, have him finish out his career. I think he has a lot to prove and could bring some much needed experience to the team.

Do we know Tangauy's status for this season?

I wouldn't mind seeing Iginla coming to Denver for a few years, have him finish out his career. I think he has a lot to prove and could bring some much needed experience to the team.

Do we know Tangauy's status for this season?
Denver Post said Tanguay would have played had we got to the conference finals... he's ready to go. I could see iginla, may Hemsky and Robida. Hoping we go after a good D-man, but not Niskanen.

again, was not worth more than $6... St Louis will regret this in two years
Pretty sure Stasny's brother (family?) lives in St. Louis, which was likely a huge decision maker. But yes, for $7m, I think St. Louis could have done better. $5m max for me, IMO. I guess the question is; could they have gotten two players of equal of better performance for that $7m? Probably not right now.

Duchene Signs for 6 mil, is the number one center, then our number two goes and gets 7 mill.... no way!  Some of these deals are ridiculous!

Iggy!!!! 

Landeskog - McKinnon - Iggy
O'Reilly - Duchene - Tanguay
McGinn - Mitchell - Briere
Talbot - Winchester - Bordeleau

Sorry to hear your bad experiences, I've played in a couple leagues and loved it. Hope it works out over here!

Today is the day we find out what our teams will look like next season!!!
How did you guys deal with the full 82 game schedule? How many human teams did you have? How many seasons did you play? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just honestly curious how anybody else could make it work because it's really a horrid system, lol.

How did you guys deal with the full 82 game schedule? How many human teams did you have? How many seasons did you play? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just honestly curious how anybody else could make it work because it's really a horrid system, lol.
That's actually a great question. It would probably help to define the rules/terms for the league now so that there are no questions later.

That's actually a great question. It would probably help to define the rules/terms for the league now so that there are no questions later.
Well, it's probably a bit hard to say since nobody knows if GM Connected in NHL 15 will be any different at all. I hope to God it is. But yeah, if you want to just assume it's going to be exactly the same, you can start to plan how you'd deal with it. 82 games is freaking daunting, man.

I'm going to put this next part in spoilers because it's just my thoughts on it, and I don't want to clutter your guys' thread. Read if you want, or feel free to ignore, haha.
I don't mean to overstep, but I've been running leagues on CAG since 2007. So, when these things pop up, the wheels in my head just take off, lol (and also, I enjoy math). If you're playing franchise, ideally, you'd like to complete more than one season (otherwise, what's the point of prospects, progression, aging, drafts, etc?) So, then, based on how many games you're playing, you have to figure out how long you want each season to take. Once you decide that, you can figure out how many games need to be played each week.

For me, a reasonable goal (or what should be reasonable assuming the game cooperates) is completing 3 seasons...taking about 3-3.5 months per season (gives you an option at the end to take a break between releases or go for a 4th season). With a full 82 game season + 4 rounds of playoffs...you're looking at a maximum 110 games total (at least for the two teams in the finals)...not accounting for off-season, pre-season, etc. So, to complete a season in 3 months...you need to keep a pace of 9 games per week. If most of these games are against human opponents, good effing luck scheduling all those games.

If you can't keep up with that, you won't finish in 3 months. This is the reality of playing a full 82 game season. It can be alleviated by simming some games (like last year, we did only games against teams in your same conference)...but doing that leaves half your season at the CPU's mercy...which for some, could defeat the purpose of playing in the first place. This is why I am praying for an option to play less than 82 games.

For me, I usually do 41 game seasons when I play offline vs AI. 41 games just seems more manageable. Sim-ing seems pointless when the whole point is to PLAY the game. Also, at 41 games, we can get 4 games in per week if we go for a 3.5 month season (105 days). I could easily do that. I'm not sure what the limitations are (haven't played an online season in NHL 'XX before), but I would imagine I could do 2 games in one night if necessary, or all on the weekend.

If we're stuck at 82 games in a 3.5 month span (which seems reasonable), I would almost think we would need to do 10 minute periods...which isn't ideal, but it's an option. I could do 2 games a night if necessary and still get it done in 4-5 days (or on the weekend).

Does anyone know if there are any special items/goodies with the Ultimate Edition? Or is it just the code for $40 worth of DLC? If it's just DLC, I would be interested in selling/trading my DLC code(s) that comes with the UE. I have zero interest in that crap for sports games.

new video today doesn't really show too much, really focuses on jerseys... boring!!!

But this shot taken from the trailer... IGGY is looking good in an Avs jersey!

n34x8p.jpg

I'm not expecting too much, but at the same time, it's been years since I bought a sports game brand new. Really looking forward to NHL 15. I just hope EA put actual effort into the PS4 (and XB1) version. Graphically, I expect good things, but they better have all of the usual modes and features too.

bread's done
Back