JRPG

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 MetalmanTN

MetalmanTN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassg...7#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.co...ss of heroes 2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

#2 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

Was in for the PSP and will be in for this. Thanks for the heads up!

#3 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Signed

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#4 TheGeonaut

TheGeonaut

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

When is CAG of Heroes coming out 

#5 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:39 AM

When Cheapy sells out.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#6 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

Missed out on the PSP one. But I signed for this one when it was announced.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

So whats it on sale for? Or is there a coupon code I didnt see?

#8 MetalmanTN

MetalmanTN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

So whats it on sale for? Or is there a coupon code I didnt see?

See #2 in the OP.

Also, I'm positive I didn't pay this much for my PSP copy that I got straight from Gaijinworks: http://www.ebay.com/...LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

It looks like the PSP edition turned out to be a deal for those of us who got in on it.

#9 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

See #2 in the OP.

Also, I'm positive I didn't pay this much for my PSP copy that I got straight from Gaijinworks: http://www.ebay.com/...LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

It looks like the PSP edition turned out to be a deal for those of us who got in on it.

Ah ok so there is no deal because its an announcement. Gotcha.

#10 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

See #2 in the OP.

So because something sells for more on eBay than msrp that makes something a deal?

That is one of the dumbest attempts at logic I've read on here for a while.

#11 MetalmanTN

MetalmanTN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Ah ok so there is no deal because its an announcement. Gotcha.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. There are clearly others who share your opinion, but there also many who share my opinion that this is a deal. If the mods feel this thread should be moved, I'm sure they will do so. I do hope that the mods agree with me that this is a one-time, exclusive, and limited deal, so that the thread will remain in the deals forum where it will obtain the most awareness for this game. I certainly feel that my PSP copy was one heck of a deal and am very happy to have it. I know that many others share my sentiment.

I hope you end up with a physical copy of this game Mr_hat  :)

#12 Shimisi

Shimisi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for posting. I signed up and I don't even know what this game is. I wish Sega would do something like this with Shenmue and Yakuza.

#13 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

You guys might want to keep an eye out for this. The poll has been going since mid March and a deal is trying to get worked out for instead of the 7,000 goal it will be lowered and the game will be $50 instead of $40 (not the absolute final confirmation so don't jump to conclusions just yet) and so the poll MIGHT restart keep an eye out.

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#14 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

Signed.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#15 STEVE05

STEVE05

The Darkest Timeline

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

I signed up, I was sad to miss out on the PSP one...won't miss the PS3 one!

#16 argyle

argyle

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

I signed up for 2 copies a month & a half ago or so when I first heard about this.  At $50/each, I would STILL sign up for 2.  ;)

Posted Image

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

I signed up for a copy but never got the confirmation email. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#18 Shimisi

Shimisi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

Check your spam/junk. That's where mine went.

#19 MetalmanTN

MetalmanTN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

Hmmm, that's not good. I received the verification email immediately upon signing up, and according the the website: "NOTE: YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP UNTIL YOU CLICK THE LINK ON THE VERIFICATION "Subscribe to Mailing List" EMAIL SENT TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS."

#20 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

I would have been interested in this if it was for a different game. I have the psp version so I see no need why I would want to double dip at $50 for the ps3 version

#21 Darkpast600ad

Darkpast600ad

Supreme Itachi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

Signed up for one hopefully this goes through

#22 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

I would have been interested in this if it was for a different game. I have the psp version so I see no need why I would want to double dip at $50 for the ps3 version

Well, in 2G you can play it on your TV using your Vita like the Wii U, and I know you're thinking "well whoopty doo for that", but there is that difference. Also, it'll be rare(physically) for the reseller horde so if you don't mind gouging fellow gamers, that's probably easy money.

#23 Quagmilion

Quagmilion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

Is this basically an Etrian Odyssey for Sony? It sure looks that way.

Quagbilion.png

#24 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

So because something sells for more on eBay than msrp that makes something a deal?

That is one of the dumbest attempts at logic I've read on here for a while.

If MSRP is the cheapest it will ever be then yes, it's a deal. It's not like there's going to be a $15 off sale on this a few months down the road.

#25 apolloimburning

apolloimburning

I’m Captain Basch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Deal or not, I wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for this topic being created. Kudos to you OP.

#26 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Signed up; thanks op

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#27 argyle

argyle

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Is this basically an Etrian Odyssey for Sony? It sure looks that way.

Maybe you don't know, but the first-person turn-based dungeon crawler genre was around LONG before Etrian Odyssey.  You could just as easily say this is "Wizardry", "The Bard's Tale" or "Might and Magic" for the PS3.  

Posted Image

#28 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Maybe you don't know, but the first-person turn-based dungeon crawler genre was around LONG before Etrian Odyssey.  You could just as easily say this is "Wizardry", "The Bard's Tale" or "Might and Magic" for the PS3.  

Could not get into the first CoH as much as I wanted to.  I think the super heavy grinding at the beginning of the game really turned me off since I could not get into the main story.  I'm not impatient by any means and I do love level/item grinding in RPG's, but this one was just way too much for me.  If CoH2 is anything like it's predecessor, I may have to skip it as well.  I would not call this game a Wizardry by any means, as Wizardry holds a special place in my heart for PC gaming.

That being said, I did buy in on the PSP version of the game.  I much prefer a PS3 version of all my games, so I'm in for 1 here, but realize that with the psp version of the game, there was lots of delay... from manufacturing, to debugging to final QA, there were snafu's all along the way.  Not sure if the transparency that Gaijinworks offered really helped its fanbase by giving them so many updates on why things were delayed. 

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#29 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Check your spam/junk. That's where mine went.

Thanks, that's exactly where it was. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#30 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, if they added additional new content or upgraded it somehow (not just adding a new control scheme with the vita), I would have purchased it again.  But for the same game, no thanks...