Best buy emailing 20% off coupons YMMV

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I got a coupon for 20% any one accesory doesn't say it excludes games only apple , Bose and open box items. Not sure if it stacks with gcu

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

this could be interesting. if it stacks with gcu ill use it on mlb ps4. thanks for the heads up :D
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

this could be interesting. if it stacks with gcu ill use it on mlb ps4. thanks for the heads up :D

20% any one accesory   not video games sadly

WOOOO I STINK

#4 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

Just checked my e-mail and no luck. Right now I am 0-200 for these YMMV coupons from BB.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#5 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, Email says in store only at certain locations and only valid on accessories. No way to use it online that I can see either.

Posted Image

#6 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Getting zero of these emails, either. :/

cagSig.png515886.png

#7 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Coupon says 20% off one accessory, why would it work on games?

#8 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Boo, nothing for me :-(

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#9 bearranza

bearranza

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Wonder if one could convince a BB employee that the Vita is a PS4 accessory...

#10 Cheapchuck

Cheapchuck

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Coupon says 20% off one accessory, why would it work on games?

I'm sorry....but how can you be smart enough to get online and find a great site like this, just to ask such a stupid question? Games are not accessories, they are called "games"

#11 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Just got one too.

Would be nice to see if this worked on gaming headphones!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

too bad bestbuy clearanced out their vita usb cables or i would have used it on that. i couldnt find one during that time which sucks :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#13 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

I got a coupon for 20% any one accesory doesn't say it excludes games only apple , Bose and open box items. Not sure if it stacks with gcu

So I can use it on a dishwasher?

#14 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nothing for me. Anyone know if these are account-specific or a universal coupon?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

should i check my email?  cause I never ever check my email unless someone on CAG tells me to.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#16 midloo

midloo

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Where is the "BadDealBarkingDog" CAG user when you need him? 

Here boy!

Posted Image

#17 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm sorry....but how can you be smart enough to get online and find a great site like this, just to ask such a stupid question? Games are not accessories, they are called "games"

How can you be smart enough to criticize a question that wasn't even directed at the community, and not understand what a rhetorical question is?  The question was directed at the OP.  He was basically asking the OP why he would even suggest that the coupon could work on games.

Here, maybe this can help you learn something today:

#18 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

So I can use it on a dishwasher?

It doesn't say it excludes dishwashers so you are probably good to go.  If you have any trouble, just argue loudly with them for 30 minutes about how dishwashers are accessories to a kitchen and if they don't budge you can always throw glitter, dump a magazine rack, and yell "bait and switch".

#19 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Just got one too.

Would be nice to see if this worked on gaming headphones!!

It should. Headsets are gaming accessories. Previous accessory discounts that worked on iPad covers, printers, etc have worked just fine with cans.

$80 for Golds or $240 for A50's are pretty good "New" prices.

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

i was just thinking, this would work on vita memory cards right ?
Currently playing

690739.png

#21 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for reminding me to check my email. Man my inbox was so damned full because I hadn't checked it since the last time someone here reminded me to check it.

#22 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

How can you be smart enough to criticize a question that wasn't even directed at the community, and not understand what a rhetorical question is?  The question was directed at the OP.  He was basically asking the OP why he would even suggest that the coupon could work on games.

Here, maybe this can help you learn something today:

To be fair, there are plenty of games+accessories bundles out there.  While GCU is pretty clear that a game bundled with, well anything, is exculded from GCU people on this site keep telling me about how they get GCU to apply to bundles successfully.  I've never had any luck with it (even tried it on Kid Icarus Uprising and was denied because of the damn stand) but if others here are to be believed who knows what they can get away with.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#23 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Nothing for me, but I won't sweat it after getting a coupon for 10% off any one item, which I was able to use twice since it was keyed manually (and might still be able to use online since it was keyed manually the second time, too)...10% off both next gen systems was pretty awesome.

#24 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

And why are people like you such asses?  I was asking the op why he would think it would work on games when it clearly says accessories.  I know it won't work on games.

#25 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

Wondering if it'd work on a soundbar 

Currently playing:

:xb1: : Madden 15, Destiny, NHL 15

Waiting for:

:xb1:FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, and Halo: MCC

#26 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

If you are NOT RECIEVING these types of promotions email AND are NOT RECIEVING your 10% birthday coupon from BB you need to make sure your mybb account is updated & that BB has you "opted in" to recieve promo emails from them. If you`re mybb info is updated just pm a mod or post in this link to confirm the "opt in" status.
http://www.forums.be...ted/td-p/779621

Just checked my e-mail and no luck. Right now I am 0-200 for these YMMV coupons from BB.

^^^

Getting zero of these emails, either. :/

^^^

#27 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

The only email Best Buy ever sends me is the kind where they tell me I forgot to check out

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#28 Cheapchuck

Cheapchuck

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

And why are people like you such asses?  I was asking the op why he would think it would work on games when it clearly says accessories.  I know it won't work on games.

The OP never said it includes games, just stated the coupon doesn't say that it excludes games.... Because if he didn't, someone was bound to ask if the coupon mentioned games.

People like me are asses because asking questions that you already know the answer to is just stupid...and you don't need wikipedia links either to figure that out.

#29 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

If you are NOT RECIEVING these types of promotions email AND are NOT RECIEVING your 10% birthday coupon from BB you need to make sure your mybb account is updated & that BB has you "opted in" to recieve promo emails from them. If you`re mybb info is updated just pm a mod or post in this link to confirm the "opt in" status.
http://www.forums.be...ted/td-p/779621

^^^
^^^

What 10% birthday coupon? Shit, never got one from them and my birthday was in March :-(

#30 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

What 10% birthday coupon? Shit, never got one from them and my birthday was in March :-(

BB`s been doing it for years but alot of people never had complete profiles with all their info. If your profile is complete notify a mod to confirm you`re opted in. It`s all in the either link.