Tales of Symphonia Chronicles $19.99 at Best Buy - DEAD (NOW $29.99)

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $29.99

Just checking Best Buy as I often do and saw that ToSC dropped to $19.99 online. Cannot confirm in-store. Amazon has yet to price match. The price after GCU would be $15.99.

EDIT: If link does not work, search BB for "symphonia" as "Tales of symphonia" does not generate the ToSC result for some reason. It is worth noting that the game is $10 on PSN for PS+ memebers until 3 PM EST or so as part of the Golden Week sale which ends today. If you wanted a physical copy, like me, this is the cheapest the retail product has been as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local BB had the CE still at regular price ($80 after GCU). Should I get it or just standard?

EDIT: I meant Tales of Xillia CE.

I just took my copy back to BB so I can get it $10 digital. This game is dropping quick. Now if only FF X get a sale soon so I can price adjust. 

search for 'Symphonia' on the BB site.  It comes up. 

Xillia is also on "sale" for $31.99 before GCU.  Not a terrible price with GCU if you want the disc, but it's been cheaper. 

Thanks for the tip! I've had my eye on this, as I've never played a Tales game, but heard wonderful things about these two...can't beat $16.00 after GCU. Even if the in-store price is different, you can always order for store pickup, or they should price-match their website in store. And heck, if they won't, go to Target or Walmart and do it.

Wish they remade this instead of simply porting it.  I still have the original versions, and apparently the only addition is the Japanese voices.

Either Namco overproduced these or the appetite for Tales games have severely diminished. All the recent Tales games have been less than $20 frequently.

I can't see this getting cheaper physically...so i got one. thanks OP!

Was looking at the Target clearance thread and apparently Target also has this on a temporary price cut for 19.99 if you want to look there.

Damnit I was going to get this off the PSN store but I have a feeling I'll be selling my PS3 soon because if I don't my backlog will keep growing and I really don't have the time to knock them out.

But I still want this game.

I know it makes no sense @.@

Either Namco overproduced these or the appetite for Tales games have severely diminished. All the recent Tales games have been less than $20 frequently.
I think the $10 digital PSN sale helped push the price down (temporarily)

Wish they remade this instead of simply porting it. I still have the original versions, and apparently the only addition is the Japanese voices.
This to me is worth it, but the re-release is based on the japanese PS2 version and it's changes are summarized here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/561316-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/32765

Thanks for the tip! I've had my eye on this, as I've never played a Tales game, but heard wonderful things about these two...can't beat $16.00 after GCU. Even if the in-store price is different, you can always order for store pickup, or they should price-match their website in store. And heck, if they won't, go to Target or Walmart and do it.
They will do a price match for the base price, but problem is they can't apply the gamer's unlocked discount at the same time. So pretty much your only option to get the gamer's unlocked discount with sale price is buying it from the website.

Namco must have really overestimated the demand for it. Symphonia is still my favorite in the series but I don't think it was ever that popular, even though it sold well on the GC. Dawn of the New World probably didn't help matters either, since it sucks.

Is it just me or did the Tales series turn into the CoD of the JPRG realm?
It does seem like Namco has a lot of Tales games in the pipeline. It seems like every week, I hear about some new Tales game in development or being announced.

They will do a price match for the base price, but problem is they can't apply the gamer's unlocked discount at the same time. So pretty much your only option to get the gamer's unlocked discount with sale price is buying it from the website.
Unless you PM the price displayed after adding it to your cart. You're a GCU member online and in-store, so you shouldn't be refused.

Namco must have really overestimated the demand for it. Symphonia is still my favorite in the series but I don't think it was ever that popular, even though it sold well on the GC. Dawn of the New World probably didn't help matters either, since it sucks.

It does seem like Namco has a lot of Tales games in the pipeline. It seems like every week, I hear about some new Tales game in development or being announced.
The director of the series, Hideo Baba, has said that Symphonia was the best selling title in the West.

There has been, on average, a new Tales game every year since 2002. The series has been an annual franchise for a very long time, though apparently Xillia did pretty well for them here in the US. I haven't played very many of the Tales games so I can't speak on the qualitiy of each installment.

The director of the series, Hideo Baba, has said that Symphonia was the best selling title in the West.

There has been, on average, a new Tales game every year since 2002. The series has been an annual franchise for a very long time, though apparently Xillia did pretty well for them here in the US. I haven't played very many of the Tales games so I can't speak on the qualitiy of each installment.
I personally love the series, but have yet to play Symphonia even though I have it.

Xillia 2 in August, Zestiria in 2015 and then the Tales series will hit next gen in 2016 as PS4 exclusives-- so they must be doing well financially.

I personally love the series, but have yet to play Symphonia even though I have it.

Xillia 2 in August, Zestiria in 2015 and then the Tales series will hit next gen in 2016 as PS4 exclusives-- so they must be doing well financially.
You forgot Tales of Hearts R 2014.

I never would have imagined Symphonia being the best selling game in the west. I figured that would be one of the PS2 releases or maybe Vesperia.

Anyone tried ringing the game up instore? Is the price 19.99 too? Cant do online order for instore pickup but i remember seing 3 copied of the game on the shelf yesterday. Just wanted to make sure it rings up 19.99 too. Coz i had an instance before where killzone metcemaries is 15.99 online but instore it still rings up at full price.

Anyone tried ringing the game up instore? Is the price 19.99 too? Cant do online order for instore pickup but i remember seing 3 copied of the game on the shelf yesterday. Just wanted to make sure it rings up 19.99 too. Coz i had an instance before where killzone metcemaries is 15.99 online but instore it still rings up at full price.
Just got it today, it is also 19.99 in store pick up. I was lucky, seem like the last one in my area. After i got it, I checked back on BB online and saw no store was available for pick up, so better hurry.

Thanks op. This is my price. I prefer a physical copy over digital. Not having a plus membership help me pull the trigger. Lol. The digital copy is really a good deal though.

Seeing nothing in area either for in-store pickup - maybe i'll check in store later. Can't order for shipping since i be banned. =]

Already dumped the wii and GC versions in anticipation of this too.

Remember people, you can still price match at Target if you don't have GCU and BB ran out ToSC.

Is it just me or did the Tales series turn into the CoD of the JPRG realm?
There have been a lot of Tales games for years -- it's just that we missed many of them.

bread's done
Back