MLB 14: The Show- Official PS4 Cag League

dudebro

Banned
Hey guys, i'll be starting the PS4 MLB 14 league that Yanksfan was gonna do, he's too busy keepin up with the league so I have taken over.  I know some of you guys posted your teams in the old thread so you will be able to use your team that u posted in the old MLB 14 league thread.

NL East

Atlanta Braves- GamerDude316

Washington Nationals- chriscolbert

New York Mets- ccjmli

Philadelphia Phillies-

Miami Marlins-

NL West

Colorado Rockies- bestkeeper14

LA Dodgers- kilik64

Arizona D'Backs-

San Fran. Giants-

San Diego Padres-

NL Central

Milwaukee Brewers- JoelyPoley

St. Louis Cards- ruffinra

Cincinnati Reds- lizard6king6

Pittsburgh Pirates- pbnate88

Chicago Cubs- V4Oldboy

AL East

Boston Red Sox- 

New York Yankees- melokeith

Toronto Blue Jays-

Baltimore Orioles- jbake_11

Tampa Bay Rays-

AL West

Oakland A's- ECB

LA Angels- snakeybro

Texas Rangers- boogie4114

Seattle Mariners-

Houston Astros-

AL Central

Detroit Tigers- bfinup

Minnesota Twins-

Chicago White Sox- Matt Young

Kansas City Royals-

Cleveland Indians-

I will be doing a quick count season, not sure how many games yet. So feel free to join in and post what team you would like. Hope we have a fun season!

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as people remain active I'll keep going in this league as well.

If possible I'd suggest shorter seasons since the whole appeal of online franchise is the offseason stuff and team management. Otherwise its just like an online league.

I'm fine with QC's, but I've already seen some people get all huffy over QC's in online games. i.e. "Its bullshit it gave me an 0-2 count in the bottom of the 9th, two outs, down by a run. Hrmmph!"

Would you consider ditching the quick count idea? I really don't like it. I realize it's your call here, but I'd like to suggest a member poll. Perhaps, when people post their PSN names and team choices, they could state their preference to have QC on or off. That was the fairest way I could come up with off the top of my head.

Just throwing that out there for discussion. I don't mean to step on any toes here. I won't bitch about it if my idea is shot down. I'll wrap this up by saying that I also wholeheartedly support V4Oldboy in his suggestion that we play short seasons in order to make it through more than one season.

Okay, I'm done for now. Gonna go get a game in before it gets too late.

I'm against quick count. I feel the game can move at a good pace if the opponent doesn't take long to do the next pitch. I used to finish online games in about 40min which I don't think is long and that's without QC in previous MLB games.

I'm against quick count. I feel the game can move at a good pace if the opponent doesn't take long to do the next pitch. I used to finish online games in about 40min which I don't think is long and that's without QC in previous MLB games.
40min is not long? All other sports games take 20 mins tops. Fifa, football, basketball, etc, none of them if you do 5 min qtrs or 6 min halfs take more than 20 mins.

Who has time to play 40+ min games?

QC should get that time around 20 min, means you can play 2 games in the same time it would take you to play one without it.

40min is not long? All other sports games take 20 mins tops. Fifa, football, basketball, etc, none of them if you do 5 min qtrs or 6 min halfs take more than 20 mins.

Who has time to play 40+ min games?

QC should get that time around 20 min, means you can play 2 games in the same time it would take you to play one without it.
That is what I was thinking, almost an hour for a game? Yea right! Please do QC, I could care less, this isn't for money or anything!

Im lucky if i get an hour to play a week. Full time job and other priorities are more important. I like to play competitivily but the quicker the games the better. and Matt Young I still wanted the White Sox :)  GO GO WHITE SOX! Either way Ill try the best I can to get on.

My PSN name is the same as my Username here: lizard6king6

I understand not having time to play. But I've never had a game of Madden nor any basketball game finish in 20 minutes using 5 minute quarters. It's literally nearly impossible. That would require no stoppages in play for the whole game. I've been playing CAG sports games leagues for nearly a decade. Madden games using 5 minute quarters take 40-50 minutes.

While that part didn't make sense, I understand the desire for quick counts. But, speaking as someone who constantly plays in CAG leagues and has run leagues, I question how someone (not singling anyone out) who can't play for 40 minutes to an hour (no time limit in baseball, even with quick counts) can be active in an online league. And I have no idea how snakeybro wants his league to run, but I was hoping for more than 1 game per week.

By the way, I apologize if I come across as rude in this post. I'm kind of rushing through my reply while multitasking and stressing a bit, so I'm sorry if that sneaks out at all in here.

Alright so were almost full. Just gonna see if we can get this filled before i actually begin to start it on ps4. We will be doing quick counts, not sure how many games yet. 

Snakeybro, have you even checked what options are available for online franchises in game? I have not done so yet. I know you played the PS3 version, though, which I also have not. I'm just wondering what choices you are given regarding number of games per season. Did you have anything in mind for the season length and/or how often we will be required to play?

I still do not know what the choices are, but 42 games seems like way too many even with quick count. We would be lucky to finish a single season.

1/8th season length? 21 games?

There are quite a few cpu teams as well so those games should be quick as you dont have to try and align schedules to get them played.

That sounds about right. I was going to wait til Snakeybro said something about it before making any more suggestions. That, and I haven't been on the game since Wednesday, so I still haven't gotten to see what the options are.

Hey guys, I made the league and Im sending out invites now, so join in as the team listed in the op. Its 30 games and u have 7 days to complete that game so, u got plenty of time. 

Also, I need your psn gamertags if u didnt post it before

Hey, guys. Just checking in as my curiosity with The Show always remains constant. How is the connection on PS4? The Show never seemed to get over its lag issues on PS3. I'm wondering if that added next gen power has been able to finally get The Show over the hump. Good luck to you guys!

Hey, guys. Just checking in as my curiosity with The Show always remains constant. How is the connection on PS4? The Show never seemed to get over its lag issues on PS3. I'm wondering if that added next gen power has been able to finally get The Show over the hump. Good luck to you guys!
Its alright, it still has some lag issues.

Its alright, it still has some lag issues.
Yikes, that's sad to hear. If your assessment is basically "sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not", then that sounds about the same as it has been. It was very hit and miss on PS3. Crazy how much they struggle coding the online for that game. No game last gen ever gave me as many problems with lag as The Show.

Even more good luck to you guys now since you'll basically be playing for love of the game. I can definitely relate.

I'll take the Red Sox. My username is Spokker. At some point are you going to just start with less than 30 players? I would do that if not enough people are joining.

Holy shit, snakeybro- how have you played nearly 100 online games already? Unless it includes your PS3 record as well. Either way, that record is impressive.

I've sent invites to the following people so far:

Spokker

Matt Young

Kilik123

Bestkeeper

melokeith

V4Oldboy(joined)

Holy shit, snakeybro- how have you played nearly 100 online games already? Unless it includes your PS3 record as well. Either way, that record is impressive.
Yea your record from the ps3 version carries over so yea thats why. I do play some online matches every day though

Didnt see the invite, where is it at in game?

I might have to bow out of the league for now, my ps4 has the auto eject issue and Sony is sending me a coffin to get it replaced.

Makes me 2 for 2, launch day had the hdmi issue and now this. 

All set,  Accepted my invitation... looking forward to at least attempting this... sucks that the online is so unstable.  That really confuses me with so many sports games working perfect, couldn't they at least research how it's done and do it right?

I've sent invites to the following people so far:

Spokker

Matt Young(joined)

Kilik123(might not be able to join)

Bestkeeper(joined)

melokeith(joined)

V4Oldboy(joined)

Beacho_A

lizard6king6

EASTCOASTBIAS

Please join asap so we can finally start this guys

Id like to join and will take the Royals (unless the Cardinals are available now)

PSN: dizeeStL

Id like to join and will take the Royals (unless the Cardinals are available now)

PSN: dizeeStL
Ok, I sent u a invite to the league, join in as the Royals and as soon as you do, then im activating this league finallly so we can all begin doing this shit!

bread's done
Back