staples video game clearance

seed84

CAGiversary!
i had seen on rfd that staples was having some clearance on games so i checked out the local one yesterday (leamington) and found a few things on clearance. (not all are great deals but ymmv if your store does the additional discount on clearance items)

I seen playstation network card $20- $19.97

legend of zelda : link between worlds -$29.97

mario & luigi dream team -$29.97

can't remember exact price but cod ghosts, ac4 black flag (x1 and ps4) were $10 off $49.xx

a bunch of headsets were on clearance as well they appeared to have a larger discount taken on them but i did not take note of price

Kanata Staples it was the last one.

med_gallery_50508_5142_1615664.jpg

I lucked into this today in Edmonton. Got Zelda: LBW and Zelda: OoT and a regular 3DS for $199 after tax. The systems were marked down to 129.99 or 139.99 for the regular 3DS and 189.99 for the 3DS XL. All new games are 29.97 but Mario Tennis was 19.97.

Oh, they had a ton of PS3 and Xbox games, some accessories, maybe some Vitas in the back too perhaps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Since they're marking down systems now, I'll have to check for Vita markdowns in the next few days. Of course, with those recent NPD numbers, all Vita prices may come crashing down soon..

Price drop

Call of Duty: Ghost 360/PS3 $19.97 

Call of Duty: Black Ops II 360/Wii U  $19.97 PS3 $9.97

You can use the staples website to check for store inventory or price match...

They have a lot of games on clearance. Majority of them aren't even advertised on their site. Games like DKReturns 3D is $19.97.

A bunch of Xbox One titles were 39.95 at the Ottawa, St. Laurent location the other day.  This included TitanFall.

Staples has an extra 25% off on already clearance items. Got a bunch of games for extremely cheap today. YMMV on prices. Most of the games like Pikmin 3 were actually $29.97 instead of $49.97 like on the website.

Went to the Staples in Greenfield Park/Longueil and the prices were STILL bad.

COD Ghosts on PS4 was still $49.99, Thief and BF4 were $29.99. No Wii U games,and a ton of PS3 games for $29.99.

Looks like they aren't in a hurry to get these games out.

Went to the Staples in Greenfield Park/Longueil and the prices were STILL bad.

COD Ghosts on PS4 was still $49.99, Thief and BF4 were $29.99. No Wii U games,and a ton of PS3 games for $29.99.

Looks like they aren't in a hurry to get these games out.
Did you ask them to scan the games? Most of the games I found at my Staples didn't have the liquidated prices. You have to ask them to scan the games, and the new prices should pop up. They also had an additional 25% off as well in the Staples in my area.

Picked up an OLED Vita for $129.97 at the King / Yonge location in Toronto. They had a few other systems like Wii U Basic ($150), PS3 Slim ($130), 3DS XL ($99?), but not many games remaining.

Picked up an OLED Vita for $129.97 at the King / Yonge location in Toronto. They had a few other systems like Wii U Basic ($150), PS3 Slim ($130), 3DS XL ($99?), but not many games remaining.
None of the Staples I went to had systems. I would love to pick up a second Vita/3DS XL at those prices. Did you ask if they had any in stock, or were they on the floor?

None of the Staples I went to had systems. I would love to pick up a second Vita/3DS XL at those prices. Did you ask if they had any in stock, or were they on the floor?
King St location had systems stocked behind the counter only, but what they had was clearly visible. Summerhill location, I inquired after Vitas in the back since none were out on the floor, but they only had the new bundle which is not clearance (yet). But the other systems, 3DS XL, etc, were on the floor. So I'm guessing most of what you'll find is on the floor. When in doubt, just ask someone though.

I dunno. Before this clearance sale, they had all their consoles in the back. I assume most Staples will be like this still.

Well, the Staples around me have display boxes out on the shelves, but the actual consoles themselves in the back. Or that's how it's usually been. Some Staples have 'clearance tables' now too, with everything just piled up.

Staples here did that as well, but since they started this clearance sale they took it all away and put everything on a table.

I go to the Staples in Laval, Quebec mostly. I went to the ones in Montreal a few days ago, which had a better selection at the moment. 

I saw Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World for $29.97 each (Strathroy). My store has 25% off certain clearance items (tablet accessories, laptop accessories) but did not mention video games. YMMV

Video games (and consoles) are definitely YMMV for the additional 25% off. Some store managers are apparently allowing it, which makes a lot of the console clearances mega molten hot. 

Found inFamous Second Son for $30, the 25% was applied because one of the employees told me all items were an additional 25% off. They just wanted to avoid drama so gave it to me anyways, even if it doesn't apply to games. So got it for $20. Pretty good deal.

Heads up, they are now applying the 25% off on the $99 3DS XL systems. Just picked up a red one for $75 before taxes :D

Apparently lots of people got emails saying Staples are now applying the additional 25% to items, but I went back to my local Stapels today and they said it is still up to the manager and, by default, the promotion does not apply to games or accessories. Might apply to consoles though.

Heads up, they are now applying the 25% off on the $99 3DS XL systems. Just picked up a red one for $75 before taxes :D
I tried price adjusting mine, but I was told I had to go back to the same Staples I purchased it from. I guess I'll try the other one near me.

Picked up Link Between Worlds for my wife for 30$ in Airdrie.

Protip to any Calgarians: Clearance deals tend to hang around forever in Airdrie, even after having been posted on RFD for months. I got Pokemon and Zelda long after RFD new about the staples clearance.

I went to the one of Merivale, Ottawa. It was awful, nothing really maybe the staff cleared out all the good stuff. I'd say maybe 15 different titles for all current and next gen (15 all together across all platforms) maybe you save a few bucks but nothing spectacular. 

We had a nice visit to a Winnipeg Staples, the one by Kildonan Place, last week. It looks like they've moved ALL their video game stuff to the clearance area, with many prices marked down to about 50% off. On top of that, it's an extra 25% off the last ticketed price. We got a few PS4 and Wii U games for 15-20 bucks each. They had a large bin of Xbox One games too when we were there.

YMMV on the extra 25% off. Staples in Dartmouth Crossing was only applying that to speakers and network cards etc.

Selection was limited, too. They had Killzone, Thief, and Ghosts for PS4 for $30 each (no extra 25% off), lots of RE: Revelations and RE6 on PS3, Lego City Undercover on Wii U for $30, and no hot console deals.

Well, majority of the good stuff would be long gone by now anyway. This clearance sale has been going on for a while now.

bread's done
Back