Xbox One - Sunset Overdrive Out Now!

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Sunset Overdrive
Sunset_Overdrive_KeyArt_Horiz_RGB_Final.jpg

Developer Insomniac Games are making an Xbox One exclusive and it deals with a fun and colorful dystopian future.

Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYWIUIFwbw

Can't wait to see what they'll show of this game at E3.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/sunset-overdrive/

and Promotional site

http://www.overchargedrink.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnjoqr5glk

A bunch of gorgeous screens, spoilered to save space:

728085.jpg

728083.jpg

728101.jpg

728099.jpg

728097.jpg

728095.jpg
728093.jpg

728091.jpg

728089.jpg

728087.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I want this game NOW.  I don't bother with pre-ordering most of the time, but that trailer just made this a Day One must have for me.

The game looks like a blast and I love the art-style they're using. The game has a Dead Rising vibe to me given the tons of weapons and open-world setting which is great since DR3 was a great game.

Yeah the DR3 vibes make me want to pre-order this game and I probably will depending on what happens at E3.

Looks like nktnrl leak is 100% spot on, so have to put money aside for Halo 2 Anniversary, Forza Horizon 2 and Quantum Break. My wallet am cry.

This game didn't interest me at all, but for the hell of it I watched the trailer and, dang, it looks good! So much already coming out this fall though.

Microsoft and Insomniac also announced today that the game will have a special Day One Edition, which will offer players some extra digital content that won't be available anywhere else. That content includes the following:

“Nothin’ but the Hits” gun: An overcharged version of the High Fidelity gun that launches limited edition, priceless, multi-colored vinyls that do increased damage.
“It’s Me! Fizzie!” outfit: Fizzie is more popular than you because he has a great marketing budget. So, why not dress up as him and get in on some of that fame?
“Hardcore! Hammer”: You ponder buying the Day One Edition of “Sunset Overdrive.” A spot check reveals that if you do, you can equip a mighty hammer made from a bat and spiked dumb-bells. You buy the Day One Edition of “Sunset Overdrive.”

Source

Lol, I thought Day One Edition were launch games for the new system, this is still a thing? Well at least you get a "Gamestop like promotion" without having to be locked into one retailer.

Looks llike...I dunno...Jet Set Radio x Dead Rising? Seems like a neat approach but probably not something I'd be interested in. Definitely hope it does well though.

I'm torn- I really want to check out these gameplay videos, but I also want to avoid them so it will all be new when I play it myself.  I've already decided I'm going to preorder it, so now I'm trying to stick to a media blackout.

I'm torn- I really want to check out these gameplay videos, but I also want to avoid them so it will all be new when I play it myself. I've already decided I'm going to preorder it, so now I'm trying to stick to a media blackout.
I can understand that, been there done that but they pretty much show you just a bit more in-depth of what we already saw so you should be good.

Ok, I watched the trailer again.  Game still looks nice, but it looks like it could get really repetitive.  I guess I haven't followed the game too much, but it seems like Left 4 Dead where you just kill waves of monsters (Kinda like the Halo Horde mode...if i have that right).

Ok, I watched the trailer again. Game still looks nice, but it looks like it could get really repetitive. I guess I haven't followed the game too much, but it seems like Left 4 Dead where you just kill waves of monsters (Kinda like the Halo Horde mode...if i have that right).
Firefight?

Eh they're slowly revealing info, like multiple factions out there, so expect more variety and objectives later on.

Was the E3 trailer a bad represenation of the game?  I watched it and it was painful.  I actually thought it looked horrible and the personality of the game just wasn't for me.  Then I watched some game play and I'm at least intrigued.  Still though, the presentation and personality of the game makes me cringe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlyvRqpErZo

This guy presenting this basically represents the game as far as I can tell.  He is obnoxious.

If I'm wrong and there is a video that I'm missing, mind posting that link?  I'll check the previous long gameplay video a few pages back as well.

Actually I heard, and also felt, a great reception to their funny wacky trailer where they made fun of cover mechanics ("it's a fucking video game"). It's great, in this game it's all about movement... and crazy ass weapons. :p

A good video interview here:
E3 2014: Burnie Bromances Sunset Overdrive - The …: http://youtu.be/deOsEX5KXLo

@ Gthirst...
That is pretty much how I feel too. I want to be into this, being an X1 exclusive and since it's getting a bit of hype from the core set. But, everything from the obnoxious lead character to the stunt parkour gameplay just screams "Chubby, this just isn't your type of game." That's fine, as long as it makes for good press for the Xbox One, I'm happy.

Here is a complete list of pre-order bonuses by retailer:

Microsoft Store:
Acordes de la Muerte Melee Weapon: Give me a "K!" Give me an "I!" Give me a "Guitar-with-melting-candles-on-it melee weapon that can bash in the skulls of my vilified enemies!" What's that spell? Errr...
The Hangover Melee Weapon: Show how much you like to party with this melee weapon made out of beer cans and an electrified pitchfork. One thing led to the other, right?

GameStop:
Wannabe OD Outfit: Be the talk of the town in this gorgeous and bold homage to your mutant enemies. Then kill them in it.
Head-Banger Gun: Get ahead of the game with this enhanced version of "The Dude". It does more damage and substitutes bowling balls with mutant heads.

Best Buy:
Fizzco Bot Outfit: Your 9-to-5 not making you feel enough like a corporate robot? Well, slap on this Fizzco Bot outfit and feel the joy of automated monotony!
AK-FOFF: An enhanced version of the AK-FU that features a graffiti'd exterior and inflicts more damage on enemies unfortunate enough to stroll by.
Koozie: Get an OverCharge can koozie!

Wal-mart:
S'more Action Melee Weapon: A campfire massacre isn't complete without your trusty marshmallow on a stick melee weapon to impale hordes of mutants with. 5-second rule!

Day One Edition content (also mentioned above, thanks Dormin), available I imagine through all retailers:
Nothin’ but the Hits gun: An overcharged version of the High Fidelity gun that launches limited edition, priceless, multi-colored vinyls that do increased damage.
It’s Me! Fizzie! outfit: Fizzie is more popular than you because he has a great marketing budget. So, why not dress up as him and get in on some of that fame?
Hardcore! Hammer: You ponder buying the Day One Edition of Sunset Overdrive. A spot check reveals that if you do, you can equip a mighty hammer made from a bat and spiked dumb-bells. You buy the Day One Edition of Sunset Overdrive.

When I went to preorder the game the Day one edition was basically what you get if you preorder. My guess is similar to what most companies did with first printing.

This is my GOTY hands down. Played a demo at E3 it needed some clean up *saw a bit of tearing and glitches but for an alpha its pretty solid open world reminded me of ratchet and clank meets crackdown meets dead rising 3 with what looks to be a lot of customization.

Games like this make it clear how different rival companies are (Insomniac and Naughty Dog in this case). Ratchet and Clank was all about the fun weapons and humor while "Jak" was about a dark tale of betrayal and intrigue. The Last of Us was super serial about their Infected with tons of realistic violence whereas Sunset Overdrive takes the more light tone that's about the fun.

I get a big Crackdown vibe and I look forward to the crazy weaponry too. It's funny, I was looking for that trailer the other day trying to describe this game to a friend. Lol, just a few days too early.

I couldn't help but laugh at this news. Apparently somebody over at PlayStation's marketing copied the font used for Sunset Overdrive. The developers of SSO tweeted out this message.

(Edit) Ugh why doesn't Twitter work with this site...

The fonts in both campaigns look alike and it would be a blatant rip off since Sunset Overdrive's font is probably custom made for the game.

PlayStation Font on the store.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0fVf5jIIAAgtVD.jpg:large

Sunset OverDrive Poster Font.

https://d3cw3dd2w32x2b.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Sunset_Overdrive_KeyArt_Vert_RGB_Final.jpg

Open both of them up side by side to notice the similarities.

Yeah fonts are very similar, Sony probably tyring to get back for this ad lol

destiny-fragrance.jpg

bread's done
Back