Bound by Flame PS4 $30 BB maybe?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 nabuch

nabuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

The game is out early and I went to BB today to pick it up.  With @gamers unlocked it is $40.  The clerk said, oh this comes with a $10 gift card.  I don't know how, I did not see it anywhere, but I did get a $10 gift card for buying it. 

I don't know if this gift card is specific to this game, but it seems like it is, so if you want the game, now is the time.

#2 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I wonder why there are no reviews for this game yet, well not that I can find anyway.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#3 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

The game is out early and I went to BB today to pick it up. With @gamers unlocked it is $40. The clerk said, oh this comes with a $10 gift card. I don't know how, I did not see it anywhere, but I did get a $10 gift card for buying it.

I don't know if this gift card is specific to this game, but it seems like it is, so if you want the game, now is the time.

the ps4 version is $40 not $30 so might want to change your title cause not every one has gcu so the title misleading. And also add ymmv in store only maybe on the gift card deal cause it not in the ad and also not listed on the website

#4 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

No one knows what this is.

#5 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

I wonder why there are no reviews for this game yet, well not that I can find anyway.

Google bound by flame review

#6 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

A GC doesnt drop the price 10$....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

the ps4 version is $40 not $30 so might want to change your title cause not every one has gcu so the title misleading. And also add ymmv in store only maybe on the gift card deal cause it not in the ad and also not listed on the website

Will try to see if my store has one later today. The PS4 version is MSRP of $49.99 with GCU it is $39.99. If a gift card was included that would be a nice bonus.

http://www.bestbuy.c...flame&lp=1&cp=1

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#8 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

same http://www.metacriti.../bound-by-flame even has none but they have the game set to release tomorrow

#9 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

It depends on who you talk to and how they perceive the deal...just as long as you don't apply the $10 savings to this purchase for getting the GC AND to the next purchase for using the GC you'll be A-OK. :)

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#10 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hey if this comes with a $10 gift card I might actually buy it now looks like a interesting game!

#11 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Will try to see if my store has one later today. The PS4 version is MSRP of $49.99 with GCU it is $39.99. If a gift card was included that would be a nice bonus.

http://www.bestbuy.c...flame&lp=1&cp=1

yea cause I looked at best buy.com before I posted and that what I meant to say on what the msrp price and what gcu price was but half asleep and the op title price got me all confused on how he came to $30 to put in the title lol

#12 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

I pre-ordered this on PS4 to try it out last week. I didn't see anything about a $10 gift card but it would nice if one magically appeared in my email. My copy shipped the other day so I should have it soon.

#13 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

It saddens me that there isn't a version for :xb1: yet, but if the game does well enough maybe they will release one down the road?  Doubt it, especially if it has to compete with the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition...

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?

#14 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

It looked decent from what I saw on Twitch.

I have a Robin Atkin Downes fetish. HE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!

Fuck yeah! / travistouchdownvoice

#15 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

same http://www.metacriti.../bound-by-flame even has none but they have the game set to release tomorrow

Review embargo is still in effect until Friday.
Posted Image

#16 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

This. A GC bundle should be stated explicitly. 

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

I pre-ordered this on PS4 to try it out last week. I didn't see anything about a $10 gift card but it would nice if one magically appeared in my email. My copy shipped the other day so I should have it soon.

I did an online preorder on Monday for in-store pickup. No GC when I picked it up this morning.

#18 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

I remember watching a video on this. This game does look interesting.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

It saddens me that there isn't a version for :xb1: yet, but if the game does well enough maybe they will release one down the road? Doubt it, especially if it has to compete with the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition...

The dev has made several public comments against the XB1 so I doubt that will ever happen.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#20 tckilla76

tckilla76

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

I did a store pickup today and didn't get a giftcard. Had them ring one up in store and it prompted the GC.

#21 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

I feel like this game will tank in price regardless, I'll probably just wait a few weeks and grab a used one
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

The dev has made several public comments against the XB1 so I doubt that will ever happen.

Although it is just one article, it doesn't mention any contention between the two companies other than the devs didn't get the dev kit for :xb1: in a timely fashion:

http://xboxonedaily....ng-to-xbox-one/

I get from that article that the situation could be worse.  However, unless the game sells millions of copies I doubt they'll port it to :xb1:.

ach.png

#23 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

I've been interested in this but think I'll just gamefly it. Don't think it'd be one I'll want to keep in my collection but definitely want to play it. From what I've read from other people who have played it, I guess its similar to The Witcher in terms of combat.

BTW-Here is a small review from a amazon customer (PS4 version)

I didn't expect much going into this game but I did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it. It doesn't do anything new for its genre but it sure as hell is an interesting ride

Pros
+Challenging Combat
+New ip
+Classic Rpg feel
+Choose your story
+Doesn't hold your hand
+Crafting was deeper than expected
+The world craves more exploration

Cons
-Uninspired Enemies
-Story did not interest me
-Character customization was lazy
-Terrible lip sync and voice acting
-Skill trees felt bland

Overall - Bound By Flame is one of those games that I'll always remember playing. If you buy it just for an rpg you wont be dissapointed, but if you're looking for Dragon Age you will not find it here. Bound By Flame is just a good game.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#24 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

Although it is just one article, it doesn't mention any contention between the two companies other than the devs didn't get the dev kit for :xb1: in a timely fashion:

http://xboxonedaily....ng-to-xbox-one/

I get from that article that the situation could be worse. However, unless the game sells millions of copies I doubt they'll port it to :xb1:.

Yup. This is why I'm passing on it entirely. Sounds like a real twat blaming Xbox for "not getting a dev kit in a timely manner". Seems more like they didn't wanna spend the time to make one for X1 owners. Their loss.

#25 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yup. This is why I'm passing on it entirely. Sounds like a real twat blaming Xbox for "not getting a dev kit in a timely manner". Seems more like they didn't wanna spend the time to make one for X1 owners. Their loss.

Or sounds like Microsoft screwed up, and they werent going to risk screwing up their schedule to appease them

Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

Sounds like $20 in 3 months or so. 

#27 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Or sounds like Microsoft screwed up, and they werent going to risk screwing up their schedule to appease them

I hate how MS gets this rep now. No one cam forget about the fuck ups and not look at the fixes.

#28 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

I downloaded it from PSN on Tuesday for PS3. I have played for about 2 hours thus far - and it is surprisingly fun. Satisfying combat and a good crafting system. For crafting, you just open the menu and craft - no need for a table or station. It is not open world - you progress thru the world/story in hub-like areas.
If the gameplay of Amalur, Diablo, or even Dark Souls came together - but had visuals and dialogue closer to something like Hunted: Demon's Forge - it would be this game.

Just an FYI for those looking for some info from somebody who has actually played it.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#29 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

I hate how MS gets this rep now. No one cam forget about the Fuck ups and not look at the fixes.

People get a feeling of being in the superior cool kid club when things go right with their favorites. Personally I'm a huge gamer and buy all of the consoles and handhelds to enjoy. Coexist baby.

If backlog games were bricks I'd have my own housing project.

385016.png

#30 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

People get a feeling of being in the superior cool kid club when things go right with their favorites. Personally I'm a huge gamer and buy all of the consoles and handhelds to enjoy. Coexist baby.

Amen. Got everything but a 360 currently

Posted ImagePosted Image