Tropico 5 Pre-order Russian Uplay $0.18 (price error)

r9800pro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
654 (100%)
***Dead Deal***

On Russian Uplay Store, Tropico 5 Pre-order plus 2 free games (Anno 1404 Gold and Port Royale 3) are 6,29 руб which is around $0.18 (yes, 18 cents!)

It has been like this for a few hours now but they will fix it soon I guess.

Uplay is out of keys for Anno Gold and Port Royale 3 but they should soon fulfill the orders.

Now, nobody knows whether Tropico 5 will have any language restrictions or not but for 18 cents it is well worth it. :D

Of course you need to use VPN or proxy to do it and DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Edit: You can also use coupon code: "10thanks" for an additional whopping 10% off! (this is cheap ASS gamer after all) :D

LcSz3LD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why but everytime I see a deal from Russia like this one I always think back to the movie "Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow" lmao lol if anyone ever seen it before they will get why

Allow me to reiterate:

Link to the Steam Database entry for Tropico 5
http://steamdb.info/sub/32028/

I'm assuming territory not set means no region restriction?
this would activate on uplay only though I believe not steam since it through ubisoft. I know with tropico 4 released they had different versions which activated different way so the site you referenced could be the steam version if it exist but this is through uplay

this would activate on uplay only though I believe not steam since it through ubisoft. I know with tropico 4 released they had different versions which activated different way so the site you referenced could be the steam version if it exist but this is through uplay
Yeah good point. Through googling I couldn't find anything that said Steam DRM required so likely it will be available on a slew of clients.

On the plus side, it is coming to SteamOS for Linux.

Mine is processing as well. Are you supposed to use a different address and account?

Mine is processing as well. Are you supposed to use a different address and account?
No, same address and account. Processing means that there are currently no codes for the 2 free games (you will get the codes and games will appear in library eventually) and also because Tropico 5 is still in pre-order. It will show: Order completed when the game is released.

If we do manage to get it, will the game be in Russian? Lol
We don't know that yet but it is highly unlikely. Even the Russian Steam version for the game is only locked for addint to library but when it is added, it is multi language and region free.

But to be honest, for ¢18, I'll take it even if it was in Gibberish :D

No, same address and account. Processing means that there are currently no codes for the 2 free games (you will get the codes and games will appear in library eventually) and also because Tropico 5 is still in pre-order. It will show: Order completed when the game is released.

We don't know that yet but it is highly unlikely. Even the Russian Steam version for the game is only locked for addint to library but when it is added, it is multi language and region free.

But to be honest, for ¢18, I'll take it even if it was in Gibberish :D
Thanks for the info. When I translate my email order page, the currency changes from 6.29 py6 to 6.29 AUD. Hopefully that's just an issue with the chrome translator and not actual Australian currency, but that still wouldn't be too bad.

It's hard to tell but there's a currency drop down and it says $18.90 USD or 15.30 Eur.

Even though Ubi is a reputable company I still don't like that I have to give them my CC.  And there's no USA for country I don't think so what did you guys select there?

Edit- I put Guam since that's what people in reddit seemed to be doing I guess.

Edit Edit- 18 cent pending charge so we shall see.

Thanks for the info. When I translate my email order page, the currency changes from 6.29 py6 to 6.29 AUD. Hopefully that's just an issue with the chrome translator and not actual Australian currency, but that still wouldn't be too bad.
Google translate does it wrong but I've checked my bank and it charged me 1.30 EGP (Egyptian Pounds) and this is indeed ¢18

I find it weird though that when completing the order list of countries is huge and not just RU/CIS countries which also indicates a region free purchase :D

It's hard to tell but there's a currency drop down and it says $18.90 USD or 15.30 Eur.

Even though Ubi is a reputable company I still don't like that I have to give them my CC. And there's no USA for country I don't think so what did you guys select there?

Yes, price error is only there with RUB.

My payment info is saved on my Uplay account so it still showed my address and Egypt as my country. I didn't have to change anything.

Even though Ubi is a reputable company I still don't like that I have to give them my CC. And there's no USA for country I don't think so what did you guys select there?

if it make you feel better ubi doesn't do the credit processing digital rivers does lol

if it make you feel better ubi doesn't do the credit processing digital rivers does lol
Yeah I saw that. Pretty sure everyone knows how I feel about DRI.

Hope I don't have to use a proxy and boot up a Russian version of the client to play the game. :rofl:

Yeah I wouldn't do that for Steam, it's just an easy way to grab stuff off these regional deals for region free games. Like was mentioned messing around with Steam or MS on region stuff is a good way to get banned.

And they fixed it !

I got an email from Ubisoft saying:

"Благодарим вас за покупку на Ubisoft. Ваш код-ключ активирован для Port Royale 3." 

Which means:

"Thank you for shopping at Ubisoft. Your key code activated for Port Royale 3."

But the game is still not showing in my uplay account and there is still no key.

I guess

In communist Russia the dictatorships rule YOU.

(I doubt that many will get the joke)

And they fixed it !

I got an email from Ubisoft saying:

"Благодарим вас за покупку на Ubisoft. Ваш код-ключ активирован для Port Royale 3."

Which means:

"Thank you for shopping at Ubisoft. Your key code activated for Port Royale 3."

But the game is still not showing in my uplay account and there is still no key.
ok.. maybe u need to log in via Russian proxy again so that it can show?

btw, my Uplay account doesn't show the game or order history even though I got order confirmation. should I log in via proxy for the 2 bonus games to show? Sorry, I am new to this proxy thingy

Just FYI for people who don't seem to be aware of this, UPlay does sell a number of non-Ubisoft games as Steam keys. Their store page is not very clear about DRM but when a game is Steamworks they will sell it as a Steam key, which of course means it does not require the UPlay client to play. No Steam games besides those published by Ubisoft will ever require the UPlay client.

In the case of Tropico 5 the version being sold on UPlay is most likely a Steam key. Every other digital store including Gamersgate (who usually opt for a non-Steam version when given a choice) is selling it as requiring Steam. From browsing around the Kalypso forums, it seems that the boxed retail version will not use Steam and the digital version sold straight from Kalypso also will not, but as far as I can tell every other digital retailer is selling it as a Steam key.

Now the way the Steamworks games work as pre-orders when buying from a store other than Steam is that you generally do not get the Steam key until the release day.

I don't know what's going on with the Anno and Port Royale not showing up but assuming these orders don't get cancelled, I wouldn't expect the Tropico 5 key until release.

ok.. maybe u need to log in via Russian proxy again so that it can show?

btw, my Uplay account doesn't show the game or order history even though I got order confirmation. should I log in via proxy for the 2 bonus games to show? Sorry, I am new to this proxy thingy
Yeah I'm on the Russian proxy again right now and it shows in my Uplay purchse history now but not on the NA site. Having trouble getting Google Translate working to figure out what the options it's giving me to access Anno and Port Royale are though.

Just FYI for people who don't seem to be aware of this, UPlay does sell a number of non-Ubisoft games as Steam keys. Their store page is not very clear about DRM but when a game is Steamworks they will sell it as a Steam key, which of course means it does not require the UPlay client to play. No Steam games besides those published by Ubisoft will ever require the UPlay client.

In the case of Tropico 5 the version being sold on UPlay is most likely a Steam key. Every other digital store including Gamersgate (who usually opt for a non-Steam version when given a choice) is selling it as requiring Steam. From browsing around the Kalypso forums, it seems that the boxed retail version will not use Steam and the digital version sold straight from Kalypso also will not, but as far as I can tell every other digital retailer is selling it as a Steam key.

Now the way the Steamworks games work as pre-orders when buying from a store other than Steam is that you generally do not get the Steam key until the release day.

I don't know what's going on with the Anno and Port Royale not showing up but assuming these orders don't get cancelled, I wouldn't expect the Tropico 5 key until release.
i was under the impression that EVEN FOR NON-UBISOFT published game (but still a Steamwork game), you still need to do the following if you buy that game from uplay store in order to play:

1. launch Uplay

2. uplay will launch Steam

3. Steam will launch game

Figures the page out, there's two buttons. One that's supposed to download the Uplay client and one that launches it but then Anno and Port Royale aren't in the client. It looks like we should have access to those already but if so I can't seem to find it.

i was under the impression that EVEN FOR NON-UBISOFT published game (but still a Steamwork game), you still need to do the following if you buy that game from uplay store in order to play:
1. launch Uplay
2. uplay will launch Steam
3. Steam will launch game
Well if it's a Steamworks game it registers to Steam itself and then shouldn't require anything else I believe. Now like FC3 you can get on Steam but then it's just a link to Uplay.

Yeah I'm on the Russian proxy again right now and it shows in my Uplay purchse history now but not on the NA site. Having trouble getting Google Translate working to figure out what the options it's giving me to access Anno and Port Royale are though.
Eh, it will show your orders like that, but it SHOULD still show up in your Uplay games regardless of proxy. I had to use a proxy to activate a FarCry 3 code and while the order doesn't show when I'm "in the US", the game still shows up in my account.

I just got a message saying Anno Gold is activated, but I ain't seeing it in my account. We shall see...

hm. what about getting games from Russian resellers on CAG? I got a few region-free games for cheap from them.. now u got me worried
Very, very seldom have there been accounts of someone getting banned for getting a gift copy of a Russian game traded to them. 99% of the time you're totally fine doing that.

Eh, it will show your orders like that, but it SHOULD still show up in your Uplay games regardless of proxy. I had to use a proxy to activate a FarCry 3 code and while the order doesn't show when I'm "in the US", the game still shows up in my account.

I just got a message saying Anno Gold is activated, but I ain't seeing it in my account. We shall see...

Very, very seldom have there been accounts of someone getting banned for getting a gift copy of a Russian game traded to them. 99% of the time you're totally fine doing that.
That's what I'm hoping but wanted to investigate since I got the same email this morning.

Seems that Steam usually just changes the game to regional, most likely at the publisher's request, if anything. Happened with Stick of Truth and another big release lately.

That's what I'm hoping but wanted to investigate since I got the same email this morning.

Seems that Steam usually just changes the game to regional, most likely at the publisher's request, if anything. Happened with Stick of Truth and another big release lately.
Well, reading a bit closer, the wording is this.

"Thank you for your purchase at Ubisoft. Your code - activated key for Anno Gold ."

"Activated key" sounds like a bad translation of activation key, so really the emails people are getting just sound like order confirmations to me thanking you for the order, not saying your order has actually processed and your games have been added.

Anyone got the bonus games to show up in their account?

I received an email in russian but the games aren't in my Uplay account (tried the client and the browser)

Weirdly, I can only see them in the order history if I use a russian VPN to login into the russian Uplay site.

Anyone got the bonus games to show up in their account?

I received an email in russian but the games aren't in my Uplay account (tried the client and the browser)

Weirdly, I can only see them in the order history if I use a russian VPN to login into the russian Uplay site.
Port Royale 3 still didn't show for me but the order shows fine without using VPN

bread's done
Back