Movie Money Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If there's another of these, it's buried deep. There's quite a few movies coming out this year, and Movie Money is the best way to see them. It would be nice to put all the offers in one place.

X-Men

Bb has some X-Men BDs in their next weeks ad (5/18). They're already on sale now, and Iif you're lucky they might have Movie Money. Walmart has some Fox movies (including I Robot and Predator 3-D) for $9.96 at some places.

Amazing Spider-Man
BB still has the Raimi films with movie money for $9.99 each, or the trilogy for 24.99.

$7.50 How to Train your Dragon 2
With HTTYD 1 for $12 on Dvd (yuck) at Target (and hopefully elsewhere on other formats).

$8 - 22 Jumpstreet with 21 Jumpstreet ($15 BD at Target)

Fandango cash (unknown which movie) on certain comedies like Bridesmaids and Dazed and Confused at BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw The Wolverine for $15 at a Movie Money display set up at Target, but the copies available on the display did not have the movie money in them. Copies of Spider-Man (Raimi series) and the other X-Men movies all had movie money though. Damn it.

bestbuy has the spiderman blu rays and that avengers animated flick with 10$ movie cash
There were tons of these at my BB. Too bad I already saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 (courtesy of one of these). Too bad ASM2 wasn't a better film (like say, Raimi's Spider-Man 2), or I might have picked up SM3 and see it again.

I found a movie money version of Predator 3-D. If the ones in the normal location don't have any, there's an endcap with all the movies containing X-Men money. It's facing away from the front (as in, if you're looking at it, you can see the parking lot), away from where a majority of the blu-rays are walk to where the first register from the entrance is, and walk straight back, glancing at the endcaps, and you'll probably find it. Otherwise, it's really easy to miss; I discovered it by accident.

X-Men

Bb has some X-Men BDs in their next weeks ad (5/18). They're already on sale now, and Iif you're lucky they might have Movie Money. Walmart has some Fox movies (including I Robot and Predator 3-D) for $9.96 at some places.

Amazing Spider-Man
BB still has the Raimi films with movie money for $9.99 each, or the trilogy for 24.99.
Unless something changed in the last 2 days, I'm not seeing any of these 3D movies for $10 at Wal-Mart, nor do they have movie money. I would've loved to see Predator 3D too, I thought I Robot 3D turned out pretty well all in all.

I did see it at Best Buy for $10, but no movie money. I suppose I can try Target, if that's a bust I may just buy the film without it.

These are stickers outside the box right? Not some sort of paper inside the box?

Edit: Did they use that super shitty transfer to make Predator 3D? The one with the DNR turned up to 11? I haven't actually seen it for myself but from the photos online it looked really, really bad, and I have no desire to see that in 3D lol.

Last edited:
i got my friends spiderman movie cash. ill use it and sneak into the godzilla showing instead lol. theres literally nobody guarding the theaters outside so its easy. 3.50$ to see godzilla !! btw i used my initial movie cash for spiderman and watched it. jamie fox was a little better than i thought he would be to be honest

I did see it at Best Buy for $10, but no movie money. Edit: Did they use that super shitty transfer to make Predator 3D? The one with the DNR turned up to 11? I haven't actually seen it for myself but from the photos online it looked really, really bad, and I have no desire to see that in 3D lol.
They're in a separate section from the others.
The 2-D transfer is the same. The 3-D is better but also flawed.

They're in a separate section from the others.
The 2-D transfer is the same. The 3-D is better but also flawed.
Thanks for sharing, I couldn't find that info. anywhere. I'm very sorry to hear that.
I suppose if I can find one with movie money I'll still take the plunge, guess we'll see.

Thanks for sharing, I couldn't find that info. anywhere. I'm very sorry to hear that.
I suppose if I can find one with movie money I'll still take the plunge, guess we'll see.
I just watched the 2-D version, and it's hardly the eyesore I was expecting. I would have preferred less DNR, but it's not nearly as bad as others I've seen, and it's doubtful they'll re-release this one any time soon. it's definitely worth the $2 (plus whatever tax your state charges) you pay when you subtract the Movie Money value.

i got my friends spiderman movie cash. ill use it and sneak into the godzilla showing instead lol. theres literally nobody guarding the theaters outside so its easy. 3.50$ to see godzilla !! btw i used my initial movie cash for spiderman and watched it. jamie fox was a little better than i thought he would be to be honest
They count the number of people in the theaters where I live, and probably do so elsewhere too (although they usually only care if it is extremely lopsided). There are several WB movies, including Terminator 3 and 4, Jack the Giant Slayer, Pacific Rim, and Green Lantern (link in post #4 for complete list) that directly have Godzilla cash.

Well, shit. Thanks for that link. I just went out and bought 6 movies. Guess my girl and I are gonna see Godzilla, X-men and 22 Jump Street for free.

They count the number of people in the theaters where I live, and probably do so elsewhere too (although they usually only care if it is extremely lopsided). There are several WB movies, including Terminator 3 and 4, Jack the Giant Slayer, Pacific Rim, and Green Lantern (link in post #4 for complete list) that directly have Godzilla cash.
my stradegy has always been to go to the movie and sneak in around 2-3 pm. many avalible seats during that time period ;)

Best Buy also had some Blus with $7.50 movie cash to see either The Neighbors or 1,000 Ways to Die in the West.  Some of the movies were The Big Lebowski for $14.99, Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin for $7.99 each.  

Best Buy also had some Blus with $7.50 movie cash to see either The Neighbors or 1,000 Ways to Die in the West. Some of the movies were The Big Lebowski for $14.99, Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin for $7.99 each.
Heard about those, but didn't see any of the titles with cash. Are they in a separate section, or are they just mixed in with the rest?

At my BBY, every movie that offered movie money was on an end cap or a separate display.  Movies offering Amazing Spider-man 2 cash had it's own display, Days of Future past movies were on an end cap, and the Neighbors/West movies were on another end cap.

Is the Neighbors/Million Ways to Die in the West vouchers redeemed via Fandango.com, or via the ActivateRewards site?

so recently i got a voucher to see 22 jump street and how to train your dragon two when they both come out (on the same day no less) 

i have a voucher i printed out for rio 2 but,i won't be able to use it sadly by the time i am able to see it. :c 

i wanted to see xmen or godzilla for free but won't be able to ether due to prep for a convention coming up. 

The first 3 Transformers films have HMM of $8 for Age of Extinction

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit also has a voucher for $15 sports tickets at Ticketmaster.

I have an movie ticket for amazing spiderman 2 I have it PDF format any of my movie place has it in

At Best Buy Rise of the Planet of the Apes is $7.99 and comes with $8 movie cash to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  Transformers Blu Rays are $9.99 each for the combo packs and each come with $8 for the new Transformers.  Both of teh new Star Trek movies also have $8 Transformers MC codes.  

At Best Buy Rise of the Planet of the Apes is $7.99 and comes with $8 movie cash to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Transformers Blu Rays are $9.99 each for the combo packs and each come with $8 for the new Transformers. Both of teh new Star Trek movies also have $8 Transformers MC codes.
Amazon also has the same deal for planet of the apes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Rise-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d022%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-022-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00JQYV0JQ&ASIN=B00JQYV0JQ&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

At Best Buy Rise of the Planet of the Apes is $7.99 and comes with $8 movie cash to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Transformers Blu Rays are $9.99 each for the combo packs and each come with $8 for the new Transformers. Both of teh new Star Trek movies also have $8 Transformers MC codes.
I was gonna ask if the 3D Star Trek came with the movie money too, but I just can't help but feel bad for the poor sucker who pays for that shit movie, even when he gets a free ticket to theaters to see another shit movie.

I'd be all over Planet of the Apes if I didn't already have all of those movies.

FWIW if anybody is interested I thought the Planet of the Apes bundle with the 5 original movies was well done. I haven't checked out all the extras but there are some cool little tidbits there. It's not the best blu ray transfer I've ever seen but for the price I was happy enough with it.

Last edited:
I was gonna ask if the 3D Star Trek came with the movie money too, but I just can't help but feel bad for the poor sucker who pays for that shit movie, even when he gets a free ticket to theaters to see another shit movie.

I'd be all over Planet of the Apes if I didn't already have all of those movies.

FWIW if anybody is interested I thought the Planet of the Apes bundle with the 5 original movies was well done. I haven't checked out all the extras but there are some cool little tidbits there. It's not the best blu ray transfer I've ever seen but for the price I was happy enough with it.
For $20.00, it's a great deal, especially since it comes with Movie Money, but unfortunately BB is sold out entirely, both online and instore (unless you happen to luck out on one on the shelves). It's a wonder why they bother having sales to begin with, since they "sell out" so quickly (though the day the sale ends and it goes back to normal price they'll suddenly "get their shipment in," though this practice is hardly new). Also be aware, should you luck out, that this five movie set only includes the Heston original and the four immediate sequels; it doesn't include the Tim Burton remake or Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

For $20.00, it's a great deal, especially since it comes with Movie Money, but unfortunately BB is sold out entirely, both online and instore (unless you happen to luck out on one on the shelves). It's a wonder why they bother having sales to begin with, since they "sell out" so quickly (though the day the sale ends and it goes back to normal price they'll suddenly "get their shipment in," though this practice is hardly new). Also be aware, should you luck out, that this five movie set only includes the Heston original and the four immediate sequels; it doesn't include the Tim Burton remake or Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
I have better luck with Best Buy sales than I do most other places, but yeah I've had that problem with them several times before too.

For what it's worth I just checked the site and it seems they are still letting you place orders for shipping, but they have it listed as backordered.

I'm not seeing any of the Transformers or Star Trek deals mentioned above though. No matter how I search the Transformer movie comes up at $15 and none of them say anything about movie money.

Last edited:
All the Transformers movies at Best Buy have Transformers 4 money on it from what I've seen, but who knows far as online order goes. 

Also saw that all the Sony movies that they always seem to have some deal for (2x points I think currently) have the 22 Jump Street movie money on them. 

Question for anybody who ordered the "Planet of the Apes" Boxset from Amazon on Blu-ray. Was your movie money code on the box or did Amazon provide it in a separate e-mail?

BTW, all the Nick TMNT DVDs have HMM for the upcoming film. However, like Amazing Spider-Man 2, Target copies are different. Those are for AMC theaters only.

Question for anybody who ordered the "Planet of the Apes" Boxset from Amazon on Blu-ray. Was your movie money code on the box or did Amazon provide it in a separate e-mail?
I ordered "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and got mine delivered via email. Ditto my Transformers purchase. If the box set was included among the email certificates, I'd say chances are good you'll get it via email, and you actually receive it when (or soon after) it ships.

I ordered "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and got mine delivered via email. Ditto my Transformers purchase. If the box set was included among the email certificates, I'd say chances are good you'll get it via email, and you actually receive it when (or soon after) it ships.
Too bad the Planet of the Apes Legacy Collection Blu-ray is currently backordered on Amazon and pretty much everywhere else near me, so it looks like I'll just have to give up and pay the full ticket price to see Dawn in theaters this weekend! This time, it was "ya snooze, ya lose!" for me!

all the movie cash that my bestbuy friend has managed to snag for me has been a blessing as ive been able to use them multiple times to see differint movies for really cheap :D

Everytime I've ever gotten movie money from Amazon it's been via email. I have never known them to use the little stickers on the box.

Be careful if you buy any of the Best Buy movies that include Fandango cash to see Expendables 3. The little code sticker is under the shrink wrap and mine was so stuck to the box the code was unreadable when it was removed.

The movie cash card inclued in the Best Buy steelbook for Noah is on the backside of the UV code.  The card needs to be redeemed by 09/30/14 to get the movie case (pre-paid debit card code/numbers sent via email like the numerous ones done by Hollywood Movie Money) and the $10 expires on 09/30/14.    In my copy of Noah, the card was right-side up in the case, so it was right in front of me when I opened it.

Has to be done at the box office like the numerous movie-specific ones we've had in the past.

bread's done
Back