Photo
* * * * - 25 votes

Triple Game Trade In Value @ Target 5/18-5/24

• Please log in to reply
3635 replies to this topic

#1 robErob

robErob

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Target is having a special promo that gives TRIPLE  trade in value when trading in a game @Target 5/18-5/24.

ZDYYrik.jpg

Here is a link to search for games
http://www.targettradeinprogram.com

Limit 3 trades per transaction

Credit goes to Rockabye for the FAQ.

Q: What games are eligible?

A: The fine print in Target's weekly ad reads "Games must be in the Target trade-in catalog to qualify. See TargetTradeInProgram.com for a full list of qualifying titles." But that's a long list of games that include even Playstation 2 and GameCube games. Search and you'll know.

Q: Does my Target accept trade-ins?

A: You can search on TargetTradeInProgram.com to find out. Failing that, call and navigate your way to the electronics department.

Q: Where do I go in Target for this?

A: You're going to want to go to the Target Mobile person, who is probably in or near the electronics section. These workers can have different hours than Target does, so calling ahead to make sure someone's there is not a bad idea.

Q: Does condition matter?

A: Trades require original case and artwork (but not necessarily manual) for full value. But there are more than a few accounts in this thread of Target employees not docking traders for having less than that, so there's an element of YMMV here. If you're trading in less than great condition games, you might be docked a few bucks on the value.

Q: How many games can I trade at one time?

A: Fine print again: "Limit 3 games per transaction." YMMV on whether a Target employee will process multiple transactions for you.

Q: And how do I get paid?

A: Target gift card. Unless...

Q: There's a lot of talk in the thread about Florida pawn laws. What is that all about?

A: If you live in Florida, you will probably be subject to a Target stipulation that you use the full value of the cards on merchandise in your visit. This isn't hard, obviously -- you've been to Target before, right? -- but it might be harder if you're made to spend on just electronics, as I and other CAGs were.

Either way, you can probably just buy and return merchandise to get credit back ... or you can take your chances on buying games that might be worth even more if you trade them in.

Q: Can I trade in sealed games?

A: YMMV, though Target employees are going to be opening and inspecting your games, in all probability. (Why would you do this, though?)

Q: How are the values?

A: They range from hysterical to simply really good. With the triple trade-in value, a lot of games that are currently "worth" $12-18 in Target's system can get you more than you paid for the game in the first place.

A sampling of values that were available Sunday:

:ps4:
inFAMOUS: Second Son - $54.96
Assassins Creed IV - $51.16
MLB The Show 14 - $45.00
Call of Duty: Ghosts - $37.05
Killzone: Shadow Fall - $42.36
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - $57.30

:360:
Grand Theft Auto V - $45.33
FIFA 14 - $54.96
Titanfall - $45.00
South Park: The Stick of Truth - $54.96

:xb1:
Titanfall - $54.96
Battlefield 4 - $32.88

:ps3:
Gran Turismo 6 - $54.96
The Last of Us - $34.95

:3ds:
Fire Emblem - $37.97
Kingdom Herts 3D Dream Drop - $30.00
Pokemon X - $37.97
Pokemon Y - $37.86
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - $30.00

:gc:
Super Mario Sunshine - $30.00
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - $30.00
Mario Kart: Double Dash - $30.00

Q: Oh, wow. I hope those values don't drop!

A: That wasn't a question, but I hope they don't, either. Chances are they will, at least eventually: Target had some ridiculously good values on old games in the summer of 2013, and they lasted for a couple of days before tanking. Fortune favors the quick and jobless here.

Q: So, uh, are we gonna talk about flipping or what?

A: Fiiine. Toys R Us has a promo offering two recent games for $70 this week, which could be lucrative. Meijer and BJ's might have games that could be flipped at well under what you would get for them at Target. GameStop has a few worthy flips, especially if you can leverage PUR and the birthday coupon. And there are games on sale at Target that currently trade in for more than what you'll pay for them, somehow.

Do a little research and you can figure it out on your own. Don't be a jackass -- yes, trading in games that you bought at Target to the same Target on the same day would count -- and you can make sure that your chicanery doesn't screw up the gravy train for other CAGs.

Q: My (game X) is worth (astronomical value Y) and I don't know whether to trade it in. Should I?

A: I don't know! I'm not your accountant/girlfriend/husband/dog!

#2 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

If it is indeed triple credit then I seriously regret trading GTA V at GS last week.

#3 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

It's not a rumor. Credit should go to CAG/Blu-ray forums really

http://www.cheapassg...get-ad-518-524/

#4 robErob

robErob

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

It's not a rumor. Credit should go to CAG/Blu-ray forums really

http://www.cheapassg...get-ad-518-524/

Thanks. I fixed it.

#5 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Still another week until it goes live, plenty of time for them to kill TIVs.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#6 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Target going straight at Walmart. This means war

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#7 guessed

guessed

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

If it is indeed triple credit then I seriously regret trading GTA V at GS last week.

Too early to regret anything. We don't know what the base values are going to drop to, yet.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#8 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

website crashing as I type. oh bruddah

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#9 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

if trade in values hold it will be close to $13 for the free spongebob game wii u version only though

#10 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

Does the game need to be on their trade in site to be tradeable?

#11 corygbp

corygbp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

Unless they update some trade in values before it goes live, Super Mario 3D World would trade in for $60.

Check out my Youtube channel where I do weekly Tag sale pick up videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xod2win

#12 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

I was going to say I highly doubt they'll be paying retail values for anything and then remembered last summer when they were paying ridiculous prices for random old sports games among other things.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#13 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Does the game need to be on their trade in site to be tradeable?

from what im seeing on other sites is it has to be in their trade in catalogue.

#14 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

I was going to say I highly doubt they'll be paying retail values for anything and then remembered last summer when they were paying ridiculous prices for random old sports games among other things.

higher insane values then half.com? Lol

#15 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

They were giving $15 - $20 for old games that were basically worthless. I got $15 for Hot Shots Golf for PS1 and $20 for Contender 2 for PS1.

#16 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

Few of the games I would trade aren't even on their site. Oh well. 

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#17 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

higher insane values then half.com? Lol

Nope. $48 cash for Michael Phelps still wins.  But they were good values nonetheless...

#18 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

Target going straight at Walmart. This mean
s war

Yeah I dont expect to be trading much at walmart anymore but it is becoming clear that it is a good thing they got in the game...

#19 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

This would be a good way to turn some Gamestop credit into Target Credit and if done wisely, there could be a substantial gain.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#20 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

This would be a good way to turn some Gamestop credit into Target Credit and if done wisely, there could be a substantial gain.

unless they do what best buy does when it has the 100% bonus and before the sale goes live divide the current values by 3 making that the base values

#21 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

Has Target ever done anything like this? Even a 50% bonus or 100% bonus?

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#22 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Or just cash.  I mailed all my stuff in without issue when they had that silly promo and got paid via PayPal.

Has Target ever done anything like this? Even a 50% bonus or 100% bonus?

Was it a bonus over last summer?  I think it was but I can't remember for sure.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#23 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

Only if Circuit City was still around, so they could get into the game(I know they did trade ins before, but I'm talking about now with WM, BB, and Target). Would have been nice competition.

Man did I love that store. B1G1 free 1600 point cards, you'll never see anything like that again.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Metro Redux   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#24 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

to bad tafget gave out everyones credit info i will never buy there again. Sick of the stolen cc bs... amazon ftw

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#25 sirpikaz

sirpikaz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Don't they cap their trade in value at either 30 or 40 dollars? I hear that message everytime I walk past the TVs in electronics. "trade in game and receive a gift card worth up to xx"?

#26 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Good time to dump diablo 3 if it holds, $39

#27 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hm...I've been waiting for BB to do a crazy game trade deal to get a 'cheap' PS4, this may work.

#28 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

to bad tafget gave out everyones credit info i will never buy there again. Sick of the stolen cc bs... amazon ftw

Less than 1% were sold before issuers canceled the cards and sent out new ones, less than 1/10th of those were used, the banks covered all fraudulent charges, and Target offered free credit monitoring. It was a big -- and stupid -- breach, but the actual impact has been orders of magnitude less than feared initially.

#29 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Less than 1% were sold before issuers canceled the cards and sent out new ones, less than 1/10th of those were used, the banks covered all fraudulent charges, and Target offered free credit monitoring. It was a big -- and stupid -- breach, but the actual impact has been orders of magnitude less than feared initially.

speaking of which they actually made some arrests http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1783716

#30 jimbo8574

jimbo8574

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Few of the games I would trade aren't even on their site. Oh well. 

Yeah I was hoping to unload my copy of Rage which I never got around to playing.  Also MLB 13 for Vita maybe.  Going to try it this week and if I didn't like it would have considered trading that to Target.  The only other game I can think of I am trading today.  COD Declassified for Vita.  Even with tripling the price BB comes out slightly ahead and I rather have BB credit then Target anyway.

jimbo8574.png jimbo8574.png