Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Play-Asia: FFX & FFX-2 for Vita - $27.99 each (English/Region free carts)

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 dallow

dallow

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

If you're a fan of physical releases, this is for you.
These are the R3 Asian releases that are 100% in English.

Plus they have sweet cover art.

I've been waiting for PA to get more in stock and they're on sale.

FF X
https://www.play-asi...en-70-7g9x.html

FF X-2
https://www.play-asi...en-70-7g9z.html
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#2 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:27 AM

How did I know this was going to by your topic dallow? :P

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3 dallow

dallow

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Got my orders in. :)

#4 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Nice that there is a X-2 cart with English. I'm gonna wait until I can get a few more dls off though.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

The cover art is fantastic!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Those look pretty sweet (especially the physical copy of FFX-2), but the trophy hunter in me doesn't really mind our Vita version all that much...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 Don illmatix

Don illmatix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

I want that X2 cart but i think its just the download code as well

ok im convinced lol

Posted ImagePosted Image
Reverse psychology got em scared to say when shit is whack
Out of fear of being called a hater, imagine that!

#8 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

No.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#9 revoxfire

revoxfire

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

how long is the slowest shipping speed?

#10 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

I own so many versions of this game already, I think I can pass on the vita FFX-2 card version.

#11 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Those are pretty rad.  I'm perfectly content with the US version but looks like those would be a must buy for a collector or anyone that likes spending 100+ hours on the same game every few years.

#12 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

It's a the Asian retail boxed copy and does include a physical cart. Though I didn't take pics of the actual game cart, I posted this in the Japanese niche game thread - http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=11748901

EDIT: And cross-save works with the US P3 version - http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=11750881

#13 Don illmatix

Don illmatix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

It's a the Asian retail boxed copy and does include a physical cart. Though I didn't take pics of the actual game cart, I posted this in the Japanese niche game thread: http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=11748901

Thanks for that, just bought it!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Reverse psychology got em scared to say when shit is whack
Out of fear of being called a hater, imagine that!

#14 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm really tempted to buy FFX for the Vita even though I already own the PS3 version of it.  Does anyone know if cross-save will work with the different region versions?

TheVila.png

#15 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'm really tempted to buy FFX for the Vita even though I already own the PS3 version of it. Does anyone know if cross-save will work with the different region versions?

Yes
Answer was posted like two posts above yours, click onthe link in that post :)

Equistina.png

#16 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Yes
Answer was posted like two posts above yours, click onthe link in that post :)

I was actually just reading that and I was coming back to edit my post.  Thanks for the reply though! After further consideration I'm torn on which version to get.  I'm not a fan of X-2 but I would like to get the physical version of that so if I pick up the American version of FFX/X-2 on Vita I can always sell the digital code and recoup some of the cost.

TheVila.png

#17 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

I was actually just reading that and I was coming back to edit my post. Thanks for the reply though! After further consideration I'm torn on which version to get. I'm not a fan of X-2 but I would like to get the physical version of that so if I pick up the American version of FFX/X-2 on Vita I can always sell the digital code and recoup some of the cost.

YW

Personally I hate digital, so I would get physical of both and sell the digital code if that helps

I don't have a Vita though so mine is the PS3 one in the big ol art book

For future reference, I'm guessing by people buying these Asian FFX-2 games that the vita is region free or something? Or am I understanding wrong ?

Equistina.png

#18 dallow

dallow

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

YW

Personally I hate digital, so I would get physical of both and sell the digital code if that helps

For future reference, I'm guessing by people buying these Asian FFX-2 games that the vita is region free or something? Or am I understanding wrong ?

Yes, it is region free. :)

#19 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

YW

While I agree that owning physical is preferable to digital, I wish the slot for playing Vita carts was easier to open (I use the corner of other game carts to pry it open; it doesn't damage the cart(s), thankfully), as it's kind of a pain to switch carts.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#20 segasonic128

segasonic128

Segasonic

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

awesome!   Thanks for sharing!    I'm totally ordering this, I want FFX-2 on card. 

( i wish square enix had given US release the choice, physical both, digital both or what they did cart + code.    There are those of us who would have paid more for the options) 

Thanks!!!!   sweet!!!!

#21 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I don't usually spend $28 on a game but I couldn't resist a physical cart for X-2. Also picked up Metal Gear Solid HD for $24, lowest I've personally seen it.

#22 segasonic128

segasonic128

Segasonic

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Just placed my order!    Thank you for listing this sale.    I really wanted FFX-2 on card for Vita.       You rock!    = )  

#23 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

In for X-2.  Thanks!

#24 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

I wish I didn't see this thread today. I ordered FFX-2.

#25 Reno Takamiya

Reno Takamiya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

While I agree that owning physical is preferable to digital, I wish the slot for playing Vita carts was easier to open (I use the corner of other game carts to pry it open; it doesn't damage the cart(s), thankfully), as it's kind of a pain to switch carts.

I've always been able to use just my fingernail to open it up. Do you happen to clip yours pretty short? 

YW

The PSP, PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 are all region free. Unless a developer happens to do a region lock of their own, which happened for Persona 4 Arena. The only recent consoles/handhelds that I know of that are region-locked are the Wii U and 3DS. The Xbox One also happens to be region free unless a developer ever decides to do a lock of their own. Which can be good and mostly bad since Europe won't be seeing a Rune Factory 4 release on their 3DS's. (Which means a handheld import and also an import of that game as well) http://en.wikipedia....kout#Multimedia

650639.png

#26 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

I've always been able to use just my fingernail to open it up. Do you happen to clip yours pretty short?

I wouldn't say I "clip" them short... :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#27 Reno Takamiya

Reno Takamiya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Can't really say I understand what you're trying to say. Unless it's that you don't clip your own fingernails. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I got what you meant. It's still been pretty easy for me to open the slot with just my thumbnail to put another cart in without problems. 

650639.png

#28 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

Glad to see this thread helped a few people. :)

#29 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

I used to be a biter too, realized I was making my fingernails all ragged and scratchy in spots so I've mostly switched to clippers, but I still catch myself biting now and again.

#30 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

I hate the fact it was digital only on our release for X-2.  But since the cross saves on this work, there's no reason why not to pick and X-2 up.  So I'm definately picking up that, thanks OP!

Also, if anyone who got the asian verison of FFX and wants to make a couple of extra bucks and sell the cover art pm me.