Play-Asia: FFX & FFX-2 for Vita - $27.99 each (English/Region free carts)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Those look pretty sweet (especially the physical copy of FFX-2), but the trophy hunter in me doesn't really mind our Vita version all that much...

Those are pretty rad.  I'm perfectly content with the US version but looks like those would be a must buy for a collector or anyone that likes spending 100+ hours on the same game every few years.

I want that X2 cart but i think its just the download code as well
It's a the Asian retail boxed copy and does include a physical cart. Though I didn't take pics of the actual game cart, I posted this in the Japanese niche game thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/?p=11748901

EDIT: And cross-save works with the US P3 version - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/?p=11750881

I'm really tempted to buy FFX for the Vita even though I already own the PS3 version of it.  Does anyone know if cross-save will work with the different region versions?

Yes
Answer was posted like two posts above yours, click onthe link in that post :)
I was actually just reading that and I was coming back to edit my post. Thanks for the reply though! After further consideration I'm torn on which version to get. I'm not a fan of X-2 but I would like to get the physical version of that so if I pick up the American version of FFX/X-2 on Vita I can always sell the digital code and recoup some of the cost.

I was actually just reading that and I was coming back to edit my post. Thanks for the reply though! After further consideration I'm torn on which version to get. I'm not a fan of X-2 but I would like to get the physical version of that so if I pick up the American version of FFX/X-2 on Vita I can always sell the digital code and recoup some of the cost.
YW

Personally I hate digital, so I would get physical of both and sell the digital code if that helps

I don't have a Vita though so mine is the PS3 one in the big ol art book

For future reference, I'm guessing by people buying these Asian FFX-2 games that the vita is region free or something? Or am I understanding wrong ?

YW

Personally I hate digital, so I would get physical of both and sell the digital code if that helps

For future reference, I'm guessing by people buying these Asian FFX-2 games that the vita is region free or something? Or am I understanding wrong ?
Yes, it is region free. :)

YW

While I agree that owning physical is preferable to digital, I wish the slot for playing Vita carts was easier to open (I use the corner of other game carts to pry it open; it doesn't damage the cart(s), thankfully), as it's kind of a pain to switch carts.

awesome!   Thanks for sharing!    I'm totally ordering this, I want FFX-2 on card. 

( i wish square enix had given US release the choice, physical both, digital both or what they did cart + code.    There are those of us who would have paid more for the options) 

Thanks!!!!   sweet!!!!

I don't usually spend $28 on a game but I couldn't resist a physical cart for X-2. Also picked up Metal Gear Solid HD for $24, lowest I've personally seen it.

Just placed my order!    Thank you for listing this sale.    I really wanted FFX-2 on card for Vita.       You rock!    = )  

While I agree that owning physical is preferable to digital, I wish the slot for playing Vita carts was easier to open (I use the corner of other game carts to pry it open; it doesn't damage the cart(s), thankfully), as it's kind of a pain to switch carts.
I've always been able to use just my fingernail to open it up. Do you happen to clip yours pretty short?

YW

The PSP, PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 are all region free. Unless a developer happens to do a region lock of their own, which happened for Persona 4 Arena. The only recent consoles/handhelds that I know of that are region-locked are the Wii U and 3DS. The Xbox One also happens to be region free unless a developer ever decides to do a lock of their own. Which can be good and mostly bad since Europe won't be seeing a Rune Factory 4 release on their 3DS's. (Which means a handheld import and also an import of that game as well) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Multimedia

I wouldn't say I "clip" them short... :???:
Can't really say I understand what you're trying to say. Unless it's that you don't clip your own fingernails.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I got what you meant. It's still been pretty easy for me to open the slot with just my thumbnail to put another cart in without problems.

I hate the fact it was digital only on our release for X-2.  But since the cross saves on this work, there's no reason why not to pick and X-2 up.  So I'm definately picking up that, thanks OP!

Also, if anyone who got the asian verison of FFX and wants to make a couple of extra bucks and sell the cover art pm me.

I'm not one to double dip but a physical X-2 sounds great. However, I don't want to pay double the cost of the US cart just for a physical cart. The artwork is great, but I can print that out myself.

I'll probably give in later in the week, thanks OP.

I hate the fact it was digital only on our release for X-2. But since the cross saves on this work, there's no reason why not to pick and X-2 up. So I'm definately picking up that, thanks OP!

Also, if anyone who got the asian verison of FFX and wants to make a couple of extra bucks and sell the cover art pm me.
I'm probably alone in this, and it will sound nitpicky, but trophies. :nottalking:

I'm probably alone in this, and it will sound nitpicky, but trophies. :nottalking:
According to a few sources I've read, it looks like the NA and R3 releases are basically identical. Both are cross save compatible with the NA PS3 version, and all three share the same trophy list it seems.

This fellow had a pretty good video review, and the menus seems exactly the same as the NA counterparts.

According to a few sources I've read, it looks like the NA and R3 releases are basically identical. Both are cross save compatible with the NA PS3 version, and all three share the same trophy list it seems.

This fellow had a pretty good video review, and the menus seems exactly the same as the NA counterparts.
Unfortunately, I'm not interested in the PS3 version because the Vita version has noticeably faster load times. If the physical FFX-2 cart would function with my U.S. PSN account, then I'd pick it up, but as it is, since I like to earn trophies, I'll have to stick with the digital version.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested in the PS3 version because the Vita version has noticeably faster load times. If the physical FFX-2 cart would function with my U.S. PSN account, then I'd pick it up, but as it is, since I like to earn trophies, I'll have to stick with the digital version.
Um...it will...

What makes you think it won't...
But I thought US PSN accounts required versions of games that were released/published in the US; is that not the case?

EDIT:

Why would an import cart not trigger trophies on your account?
The region of the cart has nothing to do with it.
Really? Hmm, I might have to pick this up, then. Thanks for the clarification. :oops:

But I thought US PSN accounts required versions of games that were released/published in the US; is that not the case?
Never has been.
I have lots of import Vita games, and trophies work just fine on my North American account.

Same for PS3/PS4.

Edit: lol at double posting with saix

This may not be the best place to post this, but since I bought the FFX-2 cart, I have the code for the digital version to sell ($15 Paypal) or trade (CML). I can sell it on eBay, but I'd rather a CAG (preferably not a new member) get it. Send me a PM if interested. If I don't receive a PM within 48 hours of this post, I'll list it on eBay.

awesome!    Yes, PS3 import games show up as trophies on my US acct no problem.     I would assume same with vita, but have not tested yet.   

I am SO EXCITED to get my FFX-2 Vita card game in the mail, thank you so much again for posting!      Take that square enix america!

haha  lol

bread's done
Back